• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chosenreject

Quote from: Tarkus on January 05, 2013, 01:24:41 PM
You are indeed supposed to place the NC pieces in both of the cities that are connected.  There's a number of different reasons why it may not be working.  Sometimes you need some game time to pass for the traffic simulator to factor that route into its calculations.  It may also be that there are easier ways for traffic to reach the other city tile, making the RHW route less desirable for commuters.

Thanks! got it working. All of the neighbor connections exits for the incoming traffic to my industrial city were fine. However, i did not have a proper return route for the traffic to get back to my Res/Commercial city center. I fixed the on-ramp located near my industrial park and let the game run and all is good now!

AngryBirdsFan436

Will there be more ramps for the ERHW-6S like the one where it doesn't loose its outer lane? And also, will all the ERHWs have ramp interfaces? Or, (cough) NAM 32 (cough)? And also, Alex, didn't you forget that you made an attachment for the jughandle curves or the boomerang curves? It's maybe on the 420 page mark, somewhere there. I saw an attachment fixing the jughandle curves. If you found that, Haljackey would be proud! :)
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

Tarkus

chosenreject, glad to hear it's working! :thumbsup:

Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on January 06, 2013, 07:48:05 PM
Will there be more ramps for the ERHW-6S like the one where it doesn't loose its outer lane? And also, will all the ERHWs have ramp interfaces? Or, (cough) NAM 32 (cough)? And also, Alex, didn't you forget that you made an attachment for the juglehandle curves or the boomerang curves? It's maybe on the 420 page mark, somewhere there. I saw an attachment fixing the juglehandle curves. If you found that, Haljackey would be proud! :)

As far as more elevated ramp interfaces go, the plans are to have them across the board--it's just a matter of making models, and I don't really know when that'll happen.

And thanks for reminding me of the jughandle/boomerang patch--I had forgotten I had made one. :D  It's actually on Page 445.

-Alex

Shadow Assassin

What is possible with the current in-development build, it's reasonably stable and works as intended.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

MandelSoft

Looks OK, though I would've used the Symphony Roundabout interchange here :P
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Tarkus

Hehe . . . we can now play "volleyball" with the RHW.  We're getting ever-closer to my long-term goal for the RHW's modular interchange functionality: the ability to replicate everything in that old classic, Kurumi's Field Guide To Interchanges.

-Alex

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Tarkus on January 07, 2013, 12:14:06 AM
Hehe . . . we can now play "volleyball" with the RHW.

That phrase just made my day. It's ironically nighttime, though.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

mike3775

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on January 06, 2013, 11:05:36 PM

What is possible with the current in-development build, it's reasonably stable and works as intended.

That is awesome.  And it works as well, even better

jdenm8

While we were admiring Volleyballs...

The custom piece is far from finished, but I spent five odd hours on it so I want to show it off :P

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

noahclem

Looks sweet JD! Nice volleyballing everyone  :thumbsup:   ...though I'd agree with Maarten that the Symphony roundabout would be more practical  :)

AngryBirdsFan436

Well, can you please show a 4 level stack? :P
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

mike3775

Quote from: noahclem on January 07, 2013, 04:25:33 AM
Looks sweet JD! Nice volleyballing everyone  :thumbsup:   ...though I'd agree with Maarten that the Symphony roundabout would be more practical  :)

Yeah the symphony does look more practical, but having a ground level version as well would be nice to have as well.

packersfan

Are diagonal exits and entrances available for the RHW-6C yet?  I'm trying to use the RHW in my region, but I'm finding the limitations make it impossible to use extensively in my region except for areas where I have a STRAIGHT highway.  Will Project Symphony better address this problem?  I love the realistic look of the RHW, but so far their is still not enough flexibility for my needs (no offense, I understand the amount of time and work it takes).  Keep up the awesome development!

Haljackey

That is a thing of beauty. Great job JD!

teddyrised

Having my mind blown would be a gross understatement.

I think the true beauty behind the custom volleyball piece (and it's relative advantage over Symphony Roundabout), is that it can be scaled up easily for rural/suburban areas, while the Symphony Roundabout will find it's niche in spatially-restricted urban environments :D both are equally awesome &apls

Tarkus

Quote from: packersfan on January 07, 2013, 08:26:29 AM
Are diagonal exits and entrances available for the RHW-6C yet?  I'm trying to use the RHW in my region, but I'm finding the limitations make it impossible to use extensively in my region except for areas where I have a STRAIGHT highway.  Will Project Symphony better address this problem?  I love the realistic look of the RHW, but so far their is still not enough flexibility for my needs (no offense, I understand the amount of time and work it takes).  Keep up the awesome development!

There will be at least a couple on/offramps for the 6C next release.  We're still primarily focused on getting the base draggable functionality in for all the override networks, but we'll be getting back to the subjects of ramp interfaces and whatnot relatively soon.

-Alex

jdenm8

Quote from: packersfan on January 07, 2013, 08:26:29 AM
Are diagonal exits and entrances available for the RHW-6C yet?

I actually made one back before development on P57 started (Back when it was still RHW 5.2). Thankfully all the textures still line up acceptably with the newly remade diagonals so you can consider a Diagonal RHW-6C Type B1 ramp interface a definite inclusion.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

packersfan

Okay...Hopefully that comes soon, haha.  I'm building my freeway but can't build my ramps...so now I have to decide whether to continue building the RHW or build MHW right now and come back later.

Tarkus

Right now, I'm further revamping the code to override the screwy same-network OxD and DxD setups, as the original all-RUL2 fix I devised caused issues once it was overridden again by other RHW networks.  I've now gone to a mostly INRUL-based setup, and it's progressing nicely.

There are still some setups I have yet to untangle, however:

That would be the base layout for two diagonal RHW-8S networks, separated by 1 tile, crossing two directly adjacent RHW-4 networks, for instance.  As you can see, it's partially fixed, but there's still some wackiness to go.

-Alex

GDO29Anagram

I had already thrown in an article on the Half-Dragging method into the RHW Readme, on the offchance that certain full-dragging setups would end up failing... (Not sure if one would call a 60-page document a Readme...)

<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums