• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Last Citybuilder

Guys?! What the heck? It already is 1:01 AM, and I see no NAM 31?! What the heck?!!

Hah, just kidding. I appreciate all the effort you all have put into this project very much. And if the thing Willy said on the previous page about the Julian calender turned out to be true, I wouldn't mind. I can(well, can and can't at the same time..) imagine how immens the project is to fix every line, hunt down every bug, polish every little thing..

If it would take another two weeks, it would be a big bummer, but if the time is needed, you should take it. Do not publish what you do not like :) If it turned out to be a big joke, I am glad the weekend is near. haha! I didn't yet fully went back to playing sc4, and my pinpoint for starting again was NAM31. So this weekend gon b gud!

Thanks in advance, ladies (I do not know if there are any women in the NAM team actually) and gentlemen!

By the way, Tarkus, 1.5 million lines of RUL2, how much is that translated into coffee and/or caffeïne drinks?

-Quinten

Patricius Maximus

Quote from: Durfsurn on February 28, 2013, 01:37:48 PM
The link is blank for me for the image. Anyway I'm sure it's great and can't wait another ~12-24 hours!

As MandelSoft said, we'll find out soon enough.

Quote from: jdenm8 on February 28, 2013, 02:19:53 PMWe've got a whole new installer thanks to Z, an entirely new codebase for the RHW thanks to Tarkus, remastered RHW viaducts thanks to Jondor, a significant replacement of two of the most underused networks in the game and we've integrated a ton of third-party content, some of which required lengthy modding processes so that they're integrated correctly and work in the most efficient fashion.

Indeed. This has been an extremely long development cycle, but in light of the extremely intensive job the team has had to do, the long wait is justified.

QuoteIn addition, we've also added a few new things. I'm not going to let the cat out of the bag, but it'll give you more options for getting your cities looking exactly how you want them to look, allow more people to use the NAM in their native text and fix some oversights that the devs made back in 2003.

Interesting. I guess we'll find out what those options are come March 1.

Quote from: Tarkus on February 28, 2013, 03:54:02 PMHence why those images for that mysterious feature went bye-bye--it's not going to be in the release.

Mysterious feature? I didn't notice any new RHW features on the manual cover. Unless you're talking about the manual itself  ()what().

QuoteGiven all that, I don't think you'll be seeing us announce release dates ever again.  There were special circumstances that necessitated having one this time (no release in 18 months, and with the new game coming out Tuesday, we wanted to make sure people knew the flagship SC4 mod was still alive and kicking), but it's been truly insane.

It seems to have put a lot of stress on everyone involved, though it's been nice to have this new experience of anticipating a NAM release date.

Quote from: The Last Citybuilder on February 28, 2013, 04:09:17 PM
Guys?! What the heck? It already is 1:01 AM, and I see no NAM 31?! What the heck?!!

There is still plenty of time left, seeing as it's still February 28 in the Pacific Time Zone  :P.

QuoteHah, just kidding. I appreciate all the effort you all have put into this project very much. And if the thing Willy said on the previous page about the Julian calender turned out to be true, I wouldn't mind.

I am confident that the hour is at hand for NAM 31's release. Transformation is in the air in the world of Simcity.

sunv123

I think it would be enough to power one of Willy's big deisel trains. ;)

PS, the day starts at 12:00 ;)
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

Haljackey

One of my very first stretches of RHW, still kicking around after all these years...

Click for full size!

There are only a few remaining users that have the first version of the RHW in their cities, and NAM 31 still has legacy support for them! :)

Tarkus

Quote from: Haljackey on February 28, 2013, 05:11:48 PM
There are only a few remaining users that have the first version of the RHW in their cities, and NAM 31 still has legacy support for them! :)

That's one thing I've made a personal mission whenever we've had to make massive changes to the underlying structure of a plugin--make sure existing instances remain more or less in tact.  It's very reassuring seeing that really old RHW remain functional.

-Alex

AngryBirdsFan436

SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

RepublicMaster

Give them time. I expect they are ironing out the final details right now. Plus the timer still has 23 hours or so left :P

AngryBirdsFan436

Quote from: RepublicMaster on March 01, 2013, 01:03:32 AM
Give them time. I expect they are ironing out the final details right now. Plus the timer still has 23 hours or so left :P
Erm, "The actual release may occur before it reaches zero", and I'm just joking! ;)
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

GDO29Anagram

<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

jdenm8

Hm...

(Please note that this picture was taken in testing configuration, that is without any other mods)

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

jcluvzgamez

I will take a burger and NAM. Yes I would like RHW with that. Oh and NWM with SAM topping for dessert.

drjumbajookiba

Live Out loud For God

epicblunder

First thing I'm doing when i get this installed: 8 way interchange.
Second thing: rebuild it without tunnels.   :P

pierrebaptiste

Hello ,

I have a problem with alignement with my piece and the RHW. Look this here :

The space between the border of square and my piece it's of 1.75 . But the space between rhw piece and border of square , what is the dimension ?  &mmm

I'have need of this dimension , it's for a project of toll both for rhw.

Thanks  :thumbsup:

AngryBirdsFan436

Well, it's March 2nd here in the Philippines and STILL no NAM 31! What the heck, NAM Team?
Just kidding, take your time to pack everything up so that there's no single glitch so it's AWESOME!!!!
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

Patricius Maximus

Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on March 01, 2013, 03:52:42 PM
Well, it's March 2nd here in the Philippines and STILL no NAM 31! What the heck, NAM Team?
Just kidding, take your time to pack everything up so that there's no single glitch so it's AWESOME!!!!

On Ganaram-Jondor-Tarkus-Z Time (a.k.a. Pacific Time) it's still March 1, and there's still 6 hours left in the day. Also, in the latest time zone (UTC -12, observed in the Arctic Ocean and certain parts of Antarctica), there's still 12 hours left in March 1.

I'm willing to bet that a few people here have gotten an education in time zones because of the NAM Team's release date  :D.

Swordmaster

Quote from: Patricius Maximus on March 01, 2013, 04:34:34 PM
Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on March 01, 2013, 03:52:42 PM

On Ganaram-Jondor-Tarkus-Z Time (a.k.a. Pacific Time) it's still March 1, and there's still 6 hours left in the day. Also, in the latest time zone (UTC -12, observed in the Arctic Ocean and certain parts of Antarctica), there's still 12 hours left in March 1.

I'm willing to bet that a few people here have gotten an education in time zones because of the NAM Team's release date  :D.

And on the Julian calendar, too. You did enjoy that one, didn't you?  ;)

Cheers
Willy

AngryBirdsFan436

Well, the countdown expired and STILL no NAM! Are you still finalizing? :P
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!