• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metarvo

Are those poles plopped, or are they replacements for the standard Maxis power pole?  They do look good, Heblem, that they do! :)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

DFire870

Aha! I found another set: Power Line Pack by faka

Those look great as well, I'll have to try these in game too. And I would love to have the SFBT Rural Power Lines as the default set, as you see the wooden poles more often than the red-white metal ones.

-- John
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

j-dub

I have those. You need real flat land, the way the wires are, especially for the tall 380 kilowatt ones.

girlfromverona

Quote from: DFire870 on September 12, 2008, 03:07:53 PM
Aha! I found another set: Power Line Pack by faka

I like the look of these ones - such a shame that they all have to be placed on one level. I'm really hoping David or one of his colleagues can find a way around this, though... Where there's a will, there's a way.  ;D

threestooges

Oh, there should be a way all right. It'll just be a little while until the results are seen.

kalanc69

Well, here I sit hundreds of miles inland and I am battening down everything in my yard getting ready for Hurricane or Tropical Storm force winds (40-75+ MPH) to hit this area around 2pm tomorrow &cry2. I don't know if I will have power tomorrow or not, so if you don't hear from me for a few weeks don't get too worried. I don't think we will have to worry about anything more than downed power lines and wind blown debris. Keep my family and everyone affected by this Hurricane in your thoughts.

P.S. Great work on the 3RR Exchange, I am getting some great stuff from it! I hope to be back on soon to get some of these great downloads!

Kalanc69

EDITJeff, I've got REO Speedwagon's "Riding the Storm Out" on at 11 for you and all our friends in Texas and Louisiana.  You hang in there, we've got your back! -DE

psander5

Hello.

Well, as promised here I am! I don't really know what to say for this, my first post in 3RR except; I like all that i've seen so far (first 50 and last 5 pages ;D)

I've learned an incredible amount already, and I've been inspired to apply some new (to me) techniques in my own cities.  Thanks indeed.

I'll carry on reading this great resource and be back here at the top end more often.

Paul

EDITPaul, thanks for the great first 3RR post- we'll be watching for many more.  Welcome! -DE

dedgren

Oh, yeah, I know...

Hey, it's the weekend.

Later

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

MandelSoft

You just need to make a second track and it's finnished  ;)

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

deathtopumpkins

Ooh... single track rail... does it work?

That is a nice switch even if it doesn't.

EDITdtp, I've gotten to the point where I believe that almost anything we can make for this game can work.  But yes, my friend, to answer your question- of course it will work.  And, at the rate it's coming along, it may also work very soon. -DE
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

JoeST

dang that is looking fine, I knew it was only a matter of time before that happened XD looking wow as usual :)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

dedgren

Heh!  It is finished.

...hint, hint...

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

wes.janson

I was thinking about such a concept while out with my little boy this morning watching trains.

Great job David... your textures keep blowing me away.

Tyerel (wes.janson)

EDITTyerel- that's a hugely recommended father and son activity.  I grew up about half a block from the CB&Q (Chicago, Burlington & Quincy) [linkie] tracks in Downers Grove, Illinois [linkie].  The most vivid memory of my childhood there was running in the 1950s and early 60s down Oakwood Avenue, the street we lived on, to watch the increasingly infrequent steam locomotives pass down the tracks.  We'd hear the whistle from a mile or so away, and would (in the days before everything was fenced in and made inaccessible) be standing about 10 feet/3 meters from those mammoth steel giants as they rolled by.  Today I know that the last ones were making the final trip from western yards to be cut up for scrap in Chicago, but it doesn't dim a bit the fondest memory I have of time spent with my dad. -DE

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

JoeST

hey David, that looks remarkably like a piece for the RAM :o

and is there going to be a double version? XD

dedgren

This is finished, too.

And yes, Joe, there is, er... some new activity in the RAM Team private board.  Frantic activity, even.

This stuff is pretty cool!

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

JoeST

dang that looks good...

you are once again improving the game at least 10 fold :D

Joe

nerdly_dood

My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Wilfried

Please release. :D

EDITWilfried, hey!  Another great first time 3RR post.  The ranks of the 3RR Regulars (those, let it be known, who have commented at least once here or over at 3RR-ST) are seeing a significant uptick lately- that's really got me motivated.

There's a couple of really talented folks: Jonathan (Warrior) and 3RR Collaborator Dave (Bighead99) on the RAM Team who have really picked up the single track rail ball and run with it over the past few days.  My guess is that this project is going to be...

...apologizing in advance...

...on the fast-track for release
. -DE

BigSlark

You owe me a new keyboard, mine's filled with beer now. That is all.

Cheers,
Kevin

girlfromverona

Pushing the boundaries once again, David! Good work!  :thumbsup: