• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathtopumpkins

Quote from: JoeST on October 13, 2008, 11:46:26 AM
the only problem I can see is that its going to end up of better quallity than the ingame rail...

Then we'll replace the in-game rail.  ;) That STR is looking better and better with each shot you post, David! This is really something SC4 needs.

EDIT: Oh look, post 5200!
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

threestooges

Just needs one of those manual point positioning posts (switch stand thingy) and it'll be amazing (not that that isn't incredibly cool already). I wonder if there is a river/stream near there (can't imagine why). At any rate, excellent work as always.
-Matt

inspecter

Quote from: dedgren on October 13, 2008, 11:25:20 AM
Now you see 'em...

...now you don't.

Hooray the --== transition  &apls &apls

EDITInspecter, hey- thanks for the applause.  I did cut the reposted pics after the first- if folks would like to see them, they can click on the link at the top of your quote.  Thanks again. -DE

thundercrack83

What a transition!

The incredible things you do here David just continue to baffle me! Keep it up!

Dustin

EDITOld Jedi mind trick, my friend. -DE

BigSlark

Quote from: dedgren on October 13, 2008, 11:25:20 AM

I've not looked at rail that closely before- and have never seen one of these.  I presume they're just eye candy.

148187[/size][/font]

They are eye candy and the always intrepid Jan (Swamper77) had an alpha version of a mod that replaced the Maxis models with those from a set of static US and Canadian style signals that were released on the LEX last year. I asked him about it at the time and it was "in development," so if you work some David Edgren magic, well, anything is possible...

The transition looks great, I can't wait to play with the STR!

Cheers,
Kevin

nerdly_dood

Question: Is STR going to be one-way or will there be the ever-present possibility of the head-on train collision?

EDIT: Removed inappropriate content. Not very funny at all. - Dustin (thundercrack83)

Yes, the comment was inappropriate and for that I apologize.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

sithlrd98

O.k.,now that is very cool!  :thumbsup:
With the FAR/FARR and STR , the RHW developments and of course the NAM , this is definitely not the same game I picked up back in '05!
There probably aren't any more words left in the English language to describe this project , so I guess I'll need to learn some new languages soon!

Jayson

Godzillaman

I won't have to re-install Train Simulator just because of this!:P

Seriously, great work there. :thumbsup: &apls
"With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound he pulls the spitting high-tension wires down..."

j-dub

Single Track looks great David, but where are you going with this, or where is the track going?

MassHelper

Soon or later, I am just gonna be like what the others said before, fall backwards on the chair because of some wild surprises that our friend Dave has got for us in the railway section.

:) Mass
SC4 Modders' Assistant and Adviser

metarvo

Oh, my!  :shocked2:  It is single track rail.  Once feared dead, the STR is alive, thanks to a heroic rescue by none other than David.  :thumbsup:  This is what's called being on track.

EDITMy friend, I have to be honest and say that Jonathan (Warrior aka Einstein, Jr.) and 3RR Collaborator Dave (bighead99) are pretty much completely responsible for reinvigorating STR.  I've just given it a little push here and there.  Matt (threestooges) and Dirk (northcountrydude) also jumped in and made their own extraordinarily unique contributions.  You know, I'm just lucky enough to be the one who gets to put all the output of that great talent into a few pics and... well, there you have it.  Not heroic- just really, really lucky. -DE
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

dedgren

Our friend j-dub asks

Quotewhere is this track going?

To the bridge, folks.  To the bridge.

Thank Matt (threestooges) once again.  He's doing some amazing stuff here.

STR is being worked as hard as I've ever seen any custom content worked.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Gaston

Oh my freeak'n God!
   That is the most incredable thing you've come up with.    I have always looked at the tracks near me and thought.  "There is only one set not two.   Why are there ALWAYS two in SC4?"    Ya'll have answered my question.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

threestooges

It looks like that track checker is about to get a rude awakening. Thanks for putting that up David. It looks pretty good with the STR leadups. The rails on the bridge are off slightly, but I'll post more about that elsewhere. That's pretty much the exact situation I pictured it in.
-Matt

sim-al2

I think the guy driving the track checker is really sweating right now, considering he's beening chased by a train!  &hlp Those bridges look great!
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

inspecter

Quote from: sim-al2 on October 13, 2008, 08:14:52 PM
I think the guy driving the track checker is really sweating right now, considering he's beening chased by a train!  &hlp Those bridges look great!
Or he can be riding into the train head on.

Heblem

How great to see how well you "modify" the game! want to thank you for this, looks spectacular  :thumbsup:

See you later in the "Región Tres Ríos"  ;D (spanish translation of 3RR)

EDITR3R, eh?  Always great to see you here, Eblem! -DE

Swamper77

Quote from: BigSlark on October 13, 2008, 01:55:53 PM
They are eye candy and the always intrepid Jan (Swamper77) had an alpha version of a mod that replaced the Maxis models with those from a set of static US and Canadian style signals that were released on the LEX last year. I asked him about it at the time and it was "in development," so if you work some David Edgren magic, well, anything is possible...

Actually, the signal models were released on the STEX, not the LEX. As for the actual mod that I have, it will most likely never be released. I modified the files and repackaged them into DAT files so it would be against the LEX Rules to upload them. It would only work on orthogonal sections anyways, as there aren't any diagonal models.

-Jan
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

j-dub

@Swampper, maybe those signals could be something for the SPM?

Compliments to Matt on the single lane bridge, I usually see. Every thing going on, really is a team effort, adding up to equal this awesome screen shot. If only not for the recognizable freight train, not even Maxis would recognize this, it could be any train simulator, but we know the train is traveling through simcity 4.
And is that the only freight train roaming across your land David? Somehow, I have at least 6 different types of freight trains traveling in my (game) region. I know this is the case from getting a shot of one freight hitting another where the rail diagonals the straight. And since where 3RR is, your lucky Canadian National hasn't invaded your land like it has mine! Its bad enough being woken up at 3am with potentially 42 freight trains on a single track, right through suburbia that you can hear over 10 miles, another city away. I hate to be those people living next to those toxic waste carrying tracks!

EDITj-dub, you and I are going to have to get together someday and talk about Eola and the EJ&E.  I lived just a few miles east of there south of Naperville, and remember the area very well. -DE