• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us... Your Most Scenic Area

Started by LP_Green, January 05, 2007, 06:47:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goin2chicago

great pictures jacquilina. i really like the water mod you're using.

meinhosen

Those are some fantastic pics, jacqulina  :thumbsup:

And at Gradonacelnik - The walls are great!  Very unique.
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

Masochist

Gradonacelnik: Oh, wow!  Interesting concept...I've never seen anything quite like it.  Love how it's all even and perfectly formed.  And I agree with bat: those canals really look good!  I have to ask how long it took you to make that area?  It seems like it would take a lot of patience and precision to get the walls so perfect and everything...nice work!

jacqulina
: I'm so jealous!  I don't think I could make anything like that with the SC4 Terraformer...it looks so real!  Like some hidden part of the world.  Somewhere I'd very much like to find!  Unbelievable...or actually, very believable!
(Under Construction)

Gradonacelnik

Masochist Thanks, This was my first foray into custom content with the early PEG walls. I can't remember but this was even before the NAM. Terraforming went fast with PEG's leveling tools. everything else is completely flat. Now with the region editor it would be even faster.

thundercrack83 Thanks again, I was, and still am, lousy with loting and bating so I make weird mashups with what others create. I hope to start a more massive fortress style region with all the cool tools we have now.

this city died on my earlier PC that won't come back to life. The protable USB drive is a godsend for SimCity.

jacqulina

excellent work everyone,
thankyou so much for the wonderfull comments i have hand terraformed all my work,and i am using pegs 205 brigantine water mod

soulstealer

These pictures are amazing great work everybody. I really like your beaches wouanagaine.

@Gradonacelnik I've been looking for this toll plaze forever can you please tell me where can i find it?

Gradonacelnik

meinhosen

Two images, both random; both are two of my favorite scenic areas.

Above - Lover's Lane.  Recreated from an area near Starved Rock State Park (IL). 
Below - The Village of Luthein.

You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

threestooges

Excellent shot with the wildflowers (I've seen them around but I don't think I have found them anywhere yet). The second pic too is a great shot of a crossraods town, and the peg 'ponds' look great/natural running underneath the bridges. I would like to see more if you have it.

ElPhantasmo69

Not sure if this is the best place to post it, but here goes...

The Capitol District of Victoria, Carinthia

Just pretend that the open space on the bottom left isn't there. Kind of "unfinished business" in that area still.

bat

threestooges

These are from a campground next to a creek running down a canyon. down the creek a ways is a waterfall leading to the sea (there have been no photos of the waterfall yet).

There is a fair amount of wild life around the area and grizzly bears are known to fish in the stream when the season is right:

Cali

wow, awesome pics. i love the water textures.
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

threestooges

If you are interested, you can find them by searching 'jeronij' on the BSCLex. It's his plopable (aka ploppable) water, and you can see some fine examples of its use in some of the MDs here specifically dedgren's 3 rivers region (and some of the CJs at ST).

football_fever

This is one of the most scenic pics in my CJ (soon to be MD?)

And this is my most scenic sector of the actual city
If girls quoted Winston Churchill and Aristotle in their AIM profiles instead of "Rent," we'd all be so much more erudite. That means "knowledgeable," but you didn't know that because girls quote "Rent" in their AIM profiles.
- Dan Gurewitch

bat

That is a beautiful "circle", football_fever :thumbsup:

my 850th post!!!!

threestooges

The first shot is very distinctive in terms of the contrast bwteen the buildings and the surrounding landscape (it looks like a stiff breeze could cause people on the top floors of those towers to get motion sick, but they still look good), and I like the colorful use of water flora. There is a certain grandeur in the second pic, but I am curious as to what the ground texture is (why is it white?). Good luck if/when you start the MD.

football_fever

That's snow on the ground.  Some of the cities are topical, some are frozen, there's desert...it's fun
If girls quoted Winston Churchill and Aristotle in their AIM profiles instead of "Rent," we'd all be so much more erudite. That means "knowledgeable," but you didn't know that because girls quote "Rent" in their AIM profiles.
- Dan Gurewitch

sc4portugal

lol (sorry i can't think of anythig else lol)
LOLOLOLOL

jacqulina

awesome work everyone beautifull scenic pics