• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The FrankU and Nexis CO-OP

Started by mrbisonm, December 14, 2011, 06:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kbieniu7

Hello, Fred! Good to see you back there, hope, that you got a nice time in New Zealand. At least, from what we can see, you've bring us a souvenir of cool farm models! :)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

mrbisonm

Thanks Vizoria and kbieniu7.

I have a dumb question again, concerning gmax. I forgot what key to use for cloning things. I can't seem to find it. Wasn't there somewhere a table for using keys for gmax? Thanks

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Simmer2

Hi Fred I believe its Z+left mouse click on the object, a window will popup with the different options to clone.
Or go to edit tab and scroll to the clone line.

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

mrbisonm

Quote from: Simmer2 on November 12, 2016, 09:33:34 AM
Hi Fred I believe its Z+left mouse click on the object, a window will popup with the different options to clone.
Or go to edit tab and scroll to the clone line.

Nick

Thanks, will try this later this weekend. The cloning tab under Edit I knew. I remember having seen a page full of the gmax hotkeys a few years back, anyone remember where to find this?

Fred

FrankU

The machinery you show makes me anxious...
And I ask myself how much I have to relot my farms and how many dependencies I can remove from the list.  :P
No problem... Lotting is my way of playing SC4.

mrbisonm

Quote from: Jack_wilds on November 13, 2016, 06:07:13 PM
glad to see U R doing well and u r motivated to finish this project as its a promising one... perhaps it will even fire up jmyeyers to make some more dairy farms...

If then, U R so inclined... could U make a Wisconsin inspired family dairy farm and perhaps a Wisconsin cranberry marsh wood county is full of them...  ???

and maybe if still wish a Wisconsin ginseng farm... Washington island has lavender farms... door county has fruit orchards of cherry, apple, plum, pear, grape and goosberry...  %confuso

the farming is never far from Wisconsin hands

take care of your self and avoid those earthquakes

:satisfied:

Wisconsin farms you say?, I know Wisconsin quite well, hunted a few whitetails there in the late seventies/eighties, some big ones. Don't worry, you surely will find something in this Megapack that you could incorporate into a Wisconsin Farm. I have made so many varieties of Euro and North-American (from east to west) stuff that everyone will have a lot of fun creating realistic farmlots and productions for their area/country.
Yea, I heard about the earthquakes in NZ, my place is quite far inland though, so I don't worry about any Tsunamies there. BTw, I am back home, in Quebec/Canada.

Quote from: FrankU on November 13, 2016, 11:32:29 AM
The machinery you show makes me anxious...
And I ask myself how much I have to relot my farms and how many dependencies I can remove from the list.  :P
No problem... Lotting is my way of playing SC4.

The machinery part is the only one that still has to be rendered, and some model still need to be improved or detailed (not much since small details like this do not show), now that I did a lot of machinery for the Farming simulator. You will be spoiled for sure and I know that you're into LOTting and that LOTting is your way of playing, be prepared to play a lot........lol.......Merry Christmas Frank.......lol ;)

Fred

Just a small preview, couldn't find right now all the ones tonight that I would like to show. But this will give you an idea of what' s coming. There are hundreds........

FrankU

Goodbye to Simgoober's implements!
I see the Deutz look terribly like the Rambuckel stuff. So these become obsolete?
And I used some Jim Myers stuff. Probably obsolete too.
The New Holland won't fit into a Dutch landscape I suppose, although nowadays the machinery here is very large too.

OK, a cleanup of my plugins will follow. Then a heavy relot. Maybe I even do all lots totally anew, but based on existing sizes and building exemplars.
Hmmm.. A Merry Christmas indeed. Let's see what wife and children think of that.

Ahh.... this raises a question to all of you wh read this:

Do you have any suggestions for a mega-pack containing many props that could be useful for European/Dutch farm lots? Like sheds, barns, separate animals (sheep, cattle, horses, pigs...), hay bales, crops, etc?
When I do a relot, I better do it right and so I will try to use the best props available. I am certain Fred will provide a lot, but more variation with other people's work will make the lots even more interesting.

Greetings Frank.....
..... preparing for a huge job........

mrbisonm

Rambuckel's machinery park was given to me with permission to improve or use parts for my machineries. The Deutz tractor is one of them, only little changes have been made, but there's also another Deutz that I have done somewhere, a smaller model. And there is a New Holland tractor for your Dutch lots included in the sets.I have seen NH tractors in the Netherlands when I was there last time and I even talked to the owner a bit. I also have seen Fendt, Huerlimann, Case and even a Massey, which I was surprised because I always thought that Massey Ferguson only exists in North-America, but then again, we now have Fendt, JCB and Deutz here also.............

Be back in two days (wednesday) with full-time modding....

Fred

gn_leugim

Donno if you have figured it our yet, but, Shift+"Left Mouse Click" will clone the object you click in ;)

nice models btw :D

mrbisonm

Quote from: gn_leugim on November 14, 2016, 01:47:41 PM
Donno if you have figured it our yet, but, Shift+"Left Mouse Click" will clone the object you click in ;)

nice models btw :D

No, I didn't figure it out yet, I have not been on the gmax yet neither, but trying to bring order into my 1500 gmax files. Thanks a lot, this will surely help me speed up my gmax works once I start again later this week.

snip.... removed a question by Jack_Wilds

Going through all the files one by one, I found this below. It is an electric corncobdryer with approx 500 kg capacity and I was wondering if I should include this in the "Other" Set since it is not quite finished (will take only about 30 to 45 minutes to finish) I ask everyone here..........
Thanks

Starting tomorrow I will be away from my gaming computer and therefor no access to all the files, but I will be around at certain times. Will be back home on Wednesday night.

Fred

gn_leugim

Dry corn? I prefer the traditional methods:

:p

(I've done these as props to sc4 btw  ()stsfd())

Jokes aside, again, nice models, but one thing comes to my eye, the "space high tech metal plating" texture you ahve used on the models :p not a critic, it is ok, but could not help to notice it :p

Jack_wilds

okay...  &mmm

I extend apologies to everyone and anyone offended and upset by my last post... it was my last attempt to find an answer... as I read through teh simgoober posts to find my issue.. did not find it... someone mentioned the SG props in a post an maybe hoped they could know...

i will  delete that... and it appears all my comments are gone... and I am in the out house... andnow I read email that I was also licked out... if I knew asking such a thing would make for such trouble I would have said nothing...  &mmm

again apologies :crytissue:

last post for some time, end of lurking... good luck on the project

LATEST:
JUST got an email from Frank [slow email service]... I guess all is good... it was an error simple as that... and I guess I am back and able to lurk, fish and watch and pretend to farm...  :)

mrbisonm

Quote from: gn_leugim on November 15, 2016, 09:15:42 AM
Dry corn? I prefer the traditional methods:

:p

(I've done these as props to sc4 btw  ()stsfd())

Jokes aside, again, nice models, but one thing comes to my eye, the "space high tech metal plating" texture you ahve used on the models :p not a critic, it is ok, but could not help to notice it :p

You're right gn_leugim, the texture is the spacelike one, I thought maybe it would't show ingame like many small detailed textures (haven't tried it yet ingame) and I liked the tone, but later last night I realized that it would show and I changed it to something else, nothing to do with space. I'll show it when I get home. Looks a lot better.

Something like this below.............

Jack_Wilds No panic please and no need for apologies, you must have missunderstand. Your post was simply not related to this thread. Like I said, there are specific other threads for questions like this and surely get more attention to it there. I know that your problem is somewhat a matter of textures and cannot be repaired. I have had it before and got rid of it. That's all I can help you with.
You're always welcome to "lurk" and add a comment about the MFP1 models from me and the upcoming Lots from FrankU. ;)

gn_leugim

Ok, lets wait to see that it turned out then, but if you would keep it, it would be fine, it was not a critic, as I said, but more just as a remark ;)

mrbisonm

Quote from: gn_leugim on November 18, 2016, 08:54:45 AM
Ok, lets wait to see that it turned out then, but if you would keep it, it would be fine, it was not a critic, as I said, but more just as a remark ;)

I did take it somewhat as a critic, and that's good, because it was constructive, and that usually is helpful. It is always good to have other opinions.
Just before I uploaded the picture of the corncob dryer, I saw it myself and like I said before, I thought maybe that it would not be seen ingame. I liked the greytone and I was a little lazy to make a new texture or lookk for another one. But since I have changed the texture, found one in my folder that suited the model just fine, something that looks used too.

I am still trying to find tall the silo models, geeez, there are so many of them........but I will hopefully have found, chosen and pretested the whole set this weekend. As long as I can remember, I think I finished rendering them all.

Fred

noahclem

Really a pleasure to see you back, Fred, and I'm loving the new models  &apls  This has been a jewel of a project for many years and only a couple months ago it sounded like it might be over after Frank seemed close to finished with creative SC4 stuff. I'll be following eagerly as always (will never forget you guys' OSITM or the time spent making truly proper manure textures) and, again, am glad to see you return :)

mrbisonm

Unbelievable, I sorted out all my silo models last weekend (I hope) and I came up with 212 gmax and 3dmax files and 74 rendered model files. Doh!
&4 files to include into the 3rd set is way too much. So, I will select only the best (to my liking) between 20 and 25 max of them and that should be enough.
Later this week I will create a list (with pictures) of the "chosen ones" and FrankU should get something to test next weekend.

I also started to gather all the "sidebuildings", Set Nr 4 Sheds.

Now I wonder why I made so many.......lol

Fred

FrankU

Oh yes, 25 silo's should be enough.
Do you want me to make prop families? I have a range that is not yet used completely, so I could do that easily. It's just a matter of modding the prop exemplars. If you like the idea just send me the models and I make props out of them, including prop families and other features.

:thumbsup:

gn_leugim

those should defenetly go into prop families, yes. otherwise we wouldn't get the max potential of them :p

mrbisonm

Not sure if we should make propfamilies out of them. If I remember right what a propfamily is, then the different sizes of the model might affect the idea. But here is what I will do and it will up to you FrankU, if or if not you make propfamilies with them. I leave this up to you. I will upload the 5 (6) mainsets as planned, meaning as simple props in a datfile, but also I will keep all the files as a single modelfile for those who want to create single prop Lots later. These files will onl;y be incividually uploaded when asked for.

Kinda difficult to decide which ones to keep, I have selected 15 silos already, and I am starting to worry that 25 will not be enough.
There are so many different models, that it becomes almost impossible to include all of them. I will decide this later this week. I might even create another add-on for the silos later.

Silos come in many versions. There are the cement silos, upright and tall, but also smaller and wider ones, then the steel silos, again upright, tall or not. Then the commcerial or industrial silos that we have mostly in those regions where mainly cereals are produced. Australia, Ukraine, Canada, Mid-Western US and even now South America have those gigantic cereal productions and to keep them, dry them and classify and mix them, they need those big metal sheet silos, covered groundsilos and undergroundsilos, whether they are upright, horizontal, ground or in/under a covered building. Then we make a difference between grain (cereals) and Chaff (grass and mais) silos which are fermented to produce silage, which is a feed for animals, mostly cows and cattle. Then we have those smaller feeder silos, which most farms have to store their already mixed (ready to feed) mixed rations, sometimes which are in sheetmetal, plastic and other material. Again another kind of silos are dryer silos, which again come in many forms......and so on. I could spend the afternoon explaining all the possibilities.

When I started to create the silos, I didn't know what I got into. The more I created, the more ideas I came up with and the more I found which became essential to make a complete list. They almost all need to be a part of the MFP1. And I thought the manure set was difficult to handle.....lol

Here is what I will do. I will consider a rough selection of the silos that I have first, only the ones which are rendered already, then I will have a look at them again and only selct the ones which are common and important enough to be kept. This will be difficult because I have something like 4 to 8 different versions of a same model (different textures, sizes and details) Don't worry, I will choose strictly.

For all you that have not seen the models , it will be easy to say, this and that one will go and the others will stay, but if you have seen them all (and there's slightly more than 74) can't imagine to leave one or more behind......lol

So, I will carefully take the time this week and test them all while deciding ingame which will become part of the set. I will not keep more than 30 and that's it!..... but maybe others will come later in another pack. I know some of the players like the diversity of props.

Enough nonsense or not said, back to work. I want to finish this set as soon as possible.  :-[

Fred