• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NikNik

Great stuff David.

I love every aspect of that stream.
Warning Friday afternoon ridiculous content ahead!
Statement of the Royal Dutch Organisation of genitors, housewifes and cleaning personnel: "Nature is a bit careless in this picture. Laying all those boulders around. Somebody might get hurt when rafting downstream. Furthermore those fallen trees are so messy. It's about time someone tidies this place"

End-Friday afternoon ridiculous content

Have a great weekend

Nik-Nik

PS don't stretch your wife's patience too much Warning!

bat

Wonderful river and great using of trees! :thumbsup:

pvarcoe

That was a very dramatic example of using seasonal trees and their affect on the overall presentation.
I loved it!
The detailing on the river is to die for, as well.

GMT

lets see...
3 or so pics at the st look awesome.
dunno how many more pics here look...  :thumbsup: &apls and hot  &hlp

... really, it is. I swear.

petercintn

Quote from: dedgren on February 16, 2007, 12:13:35 AM
I'm just too bushed this evening to work on the tutorial.  Now some would go to bed, but me?  Heck, no!  Not when I can dish you up some
Unbelievable amount of eye candy!  Here I sit, 'retired' and can not for the life of me figure where you find the time.  You must have discovered the secret to time and space.  In Ben Franklin's autobiography he said that he managed to manage evey aspect of his life but his time.  I think you've solved his dilemma.

On to other things.  I am awaiting the iLive reader tutorial.  The little I've played with it has been frought with lack of knowledge, and I am looking forward to soaking up yours.  Knowledge that is, not the lack thereof.  Thanks David, for all your hard work for us.

edit:  Oh yes, and thanks for the great TOC.  I can bounce all over the place and never get lost!
Carolina Tar Heels... National Champs again!

Gaston

David,
   Just some eye candy cause you are bushed ? ? ? ? ?    :o   Give me a break.   LOL   &Thk/(  You obviously have more energy when you are bushed then when I am fully rested.  LOL   Thanks for the eye candy anyway.  Really great stuff.   I'm looking forward to seeing how to take my single little seasonal lots that I am trying to create with my new toy (Lot Editor) and make them into big seaonal lots.   BTW   In case I didn't say thanks for helping me with lot editor.    ;)   Thanks for helping with lot editor.
    For anyone not knowing how much I appreciate David's help, follow this link --->[ linkie ]
    Have a great evening.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Eddie

Wow! That river looks clean enought to drink from! *drinks from river* *gets fresh water virus*

Livin in Sim

:shocked2: Picks eyes up and tries to put them where they were before they popped out...discovers eyes won't fit back in head because they have gained 10 pounds from eating too much CANDY...

Hi, David, this will be a short one because Ms Fatty Eyes here can't see jpq ti tuow...

Makes eyes get on the eliptical machine, "That's right you greedy, shameless eyes, go, go, now you must pay!"

--Liv

kalanc69

I have to say that I am very impressed with your work. Where do you get all of your information regarding what types of trees to plant where? I remember you saying back in the ST that you got some of your information from a website. Either way, fantastic work on the tutorial and the eye candy!!

Kalanc69  :thumbsup: &apls :satisfied:

Flipside

Quote from: thundercrack83 on February 16, 2007, 12:18:14 AM
Wow, that's some Eye Candy. Those pictures remind me of that PBS show, "The Joy of Painting" with the late Bob Ross. "All those happy little trees..."

Have a good night!

LOL! I think of Bob Ross intermittently when plopping trees myself ... I thought I was the only one!  :o

Btw, more great stuff, David ...  :thumbsup:

dedgren

It snowed a bit in 3RR yesterday afternoon, I had a few shots left on the roll...

3RR Art Corner

(caution, Photoshopping ahead)

Simon and Garfunkel: A Hazy Shade of Winter
All rights reserved in the original copyright holder/publisher
Used under the fair use doctrine on this non-commercial website
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Eddie

That snow would be welcome here in California. We're having 80 degree (F) weather currently. Anyway, excellent effects, D. Edgren! The snowy terrain, the frozen trees, the rushing river...it's all very scenic.

Rayden

Very nice David, have you used the "snow" cheat or have you dropped the snow line on the terrain modd?  ;)

bat

fantastic pictures of the snow... :thumbsup:

Zaphod

are those the new SFBT trees?

that is by far the best snow landscape I have ever seen in the game
War Kittens !?

dedgren

I wish, seeing the comments, that I could take any credit whatsoever for the snow.  For example

QuoteSteve (Zaphod): that is by far the best snow landscape I have ever seen in the game

QuoteSilvio (Rayden): David, have you used the "snow" cheat or have you dropped the snow line on the terrain modd?

But it's "none of the above," Silvio.

Rather than make you folks wait until the next planned post, here's the short walk around the block.

For my winter pics, I've wanted to do snow right down to the game "water line."  I thought that what I would do is further mod one of jeronij's Columbus terrain snow mods [linkie if you're registered on the LEX].  Knowing nothing about what I was doing, I looked at the readme in the DL.  There, I struck gold. Jeronij made reference to a tutorial at ST by thalassicus on adjusting terrain parameters.  I found it after some hard searching [linkie].  While the tutorial is very well detailed, and I got the concept almost right away, I could tell that changing things was no quickie task.  In reading it though, I saw a reference to Teirusu's snow mods and I thought I'd check them out, just to see if they were anything like what I wanted.  I had an old link to Teirusu's page, Teirusu's Niche, in my favorites [linkie], clicked on it, and downloaded his "Arctic/Snow-Capped Mod."  I then installed the "Arctic Terrain" option, fired up 3RR, and... well, you see the rest.

Now if I can only figure out how to connect that mod ('cos I am not reinventing the wheel) to the game "snow" cheat optional feature to make the snow line go up and down with the seasons, I'd truly be in heaven.

Oh, and Steve, thanks for the nice comment- welcome to SC4D, and those are the trees in cycledogg's Prop Pack 1 [linkie].  That's been around for a while- if there's new seasonal trees out there, I'd like to find them.

Later.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

kwakelaar

Snowmod and seasonal trees makes a fine combination, brilliant.

Rayden

Well my guess was 50% correct, you didn't pull the snow line down, somebody else did that for you :D I know that tutorial very well, actually I have 2 different terrain modds made from the Columbus Terrain Modd with different snow lines, one about 300 meters high and the other around 700/800 meters that I used on my CJ Els Pirineus over at Simtropolis, made with the help of that tutorial. That tutorial is very good, it helps to understand how the terrain and its components are organized, how to control the growth of the vegetation, etc. Give it a good look and do some experiment with it, I'm sure you will be surprising us in no time ;)

Gaston

WOW David, that sorta looks like Iowa right now.    :P   Very nice stuff.     But you know me Iam waiting on the next tutorial.   LOL

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

threestooges

I'll back Eddie up with that snow comment... today was a bit warm (not that it's a bad thing, but when you are wearing a dark-colored suit for your "mock trial" competition and have to put up with it makes for a rather interesting experience). But I digress (what else is new), the pics look great, especially the first pic of the most recent showcase. I am assuming those are your plop lots, and for that I must say they look very natural, and especially so with the trees lining the railroad. I would be curious to know why the "jaggies" don't rear their heads here (is it because the snowline goes to/under the water level, or is it just something that is different in the mod). If you find out, please let us know.