• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

GWL workshop

Started by Gwail, May 18, 2009, 01:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dethsrow

NYPD SUV

NYC Subway Cars

NYPD 90's Caprice Cop Car

Lincoln Towncars

NYC Taxi cabs as of 2009 and also retro packages from the 90's

shadow221

Okay, 1)I agree with You on the Subway Cars

2)I think GWL is already working on something, but he maight be working on some of this not sure if he is

Gwail

I'd take (almost) any request of NYC automata, if there is enough photo documentation ;). The NYC subway cars are on my list, the couple of NYPD cars, too. I'm not sure if I will make any ordinary towncars, rather not.

Meanwhile, a small update. Brandon, it's a special delivery straight from the Philly ;).

It's a very early alpha (only one side made ;) ). The model requires small modifications (bike's holder, CNG module, rear display on the roof).
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

shadow221

I think I'm going to have tumor (in a good way)

shadow221

There are routes those buses run on in Philly for exaple: 18 to fox Chase L to Olney Terminal 22 to Willow Grove mall and 55 to Doylestown

nerdly_dood

About the taxi request: Swamper77 has already created a set of taxis almost identical to New York taxis.

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1709
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

SimNation

Love that side advert for that bus. Fantastic quality on the buses have have done so far. Simply cannot wait to see them released and running in my cities.

thingfishs

yeah agreed, that heineken ad looks fantastic. Great bus too

SimNation

Hey Gwail found a new bus for you that might peek your interest. Its a silent electric bus that uses a turbine to charge a lithium ion battery. The buses Operate in Brooklyn right now according to the article found here http://www.inhabitat.com/2009/12/07/new-york-city-unveils-new-silent-electric-bus/.

Here a front and side picture of the buses that run in Brooklyn right now.

Just giving you a lil heads up on something you might want to work on for your project in the future.

Dethsrow

Quote from: Gwail on December 23, 2009, 04:07:52 PM
I'd take (almost) any request of NYC automata, if there is enough photo documentation ;). The NYC subway cars are on my list, the couple of NYPD cars, too. I'm not sure if I will make any ordinary towncars, rather not.

Meanwhile, a small update. Brandon, it's a special delivery straight from the Philly ;).

It's a very early alpha (only one side made ;) ). The model requires small modifications (bike's holder, CNG module, rear display on the roof).

When I visited NYC 2 years back I learned that those black Lincoln Towncars are also taxi cabs thats why theres a ton of them hauling around the city. We got picked up by one on our way from La Guardia. These are not the ordinary taxies though there more of an exotic limousine service type.

Gwail

Glad you like such advert wrap buses. I'm considering if not to do some of them, both for NYC MTA series and for requests.

Nerdly, sure Jan has done a good job with these, but there are still some car models left to do :).

SimNation, thanks for the photos and info, I already have the DL EcoSaver IV on my to-do list.

Dethsrow, I didn't know, if so, I'll put such car in my queue.

The MCI D4500 is available now.
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

nerdly_dood

Quote from: Gwail on December 30, 2009, 02:15:46 PMNerdly, sure Jan has done a good job with these, but there are still some car models left to do :).

Right, but I was only referring to the yellow Crown Victoria taxis.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Gwail

A bit time has passed since last update. And now we've got a new year. New year - new challenges ;). How about a teaser pic, with something fresh?

*The el-rail mod taken from Buddy's pics, only for screening purposes.
My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

tamorr

oooo.... Something that looks rather nice, I wouldn't mind having that one... :)
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."

jmdude1

that looks amazing. both the pic and the elev. rail cars. very detailed! and it looks so good with buddy's elev. rail mod.

Gwail

My misc works thread:
GWL workshop

SimNation

OMG Gwail! I had no idea you were gonna do subway trains as well. Freaking awsome man. These will look fantastic in my cities via GLR and elevated rail. Simply cannot wait, I must say these are the finest work in my opinion.

thingfishs

wow, great effect with the shots with buddybud's track &apls
The train with the graffiti looks awesome as well.

Dethsrow

Quote from: Gwail on January 12, 2010, 01:19:52 PM
More teaser pics  ;D?

Ohh this is nice i can't wait to get these rolling on my elevated rail systems this is so nyc

Gwail

Another two months have passed and again nothing new to show... except a lil' batting, being made in "meanwhile", between RL work. Another part of the MTA recreation project:

My misc works thread:
GWL workshop