• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RealRailway (RRW) - Development and Support

Started by Swordmaster, June 14, 2013, 08:42:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan_Waters

The curves and FARR do not contain Catenaries?  &ops

mattb325

Nice one...I love the work you're doing on the rails  :thumbsup:

woodb3kmaster

Quote from: Alan_Waters on September 20, 2018, 01:54:24 PM
The curves and FARR do not contain Catenaries?  &ops
The catenary project is still unfinished and will probably not make it into NAM 37. It will, of course, include catenaries on curves, FARR, probably everything. Stephen can tell you more about that.

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

Simmer2

...crossings on curves... :bnn:

Nice going Stephen &apls

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

Seaman

Quote from: Simmer2 on September 20, 2018, 09:36:17 PM
...crossings on curves... :bnn:

wait a second, it's really hard to tell because of the smoothiness of the curve, but I thought the crossings are actually at straight FARR sections, connected by FARR curves? So the new feature would be the crossings on straight FARR pieces in various angles  ()what()

eggman121

Seaman you are correct.

The Level crossings are on the straight sections. The wide radius nature gives the impression that the road is on a curve but is actually not the case.

There have been thoughts and even prototype showing exhibit R3 crossing RD4 made by Swordmaster (Willy) Founder of the RRW project.

I have limited the amount of new content for NAM 37 with bugfixes and Flexpiece instead.

So post NAM 37 I think delving into these sorts of crossing discussions may be fruitful in the evolution of the RRW.

-eggman121

Tyberius06

Oh, more fun for RRW, thanks Stephen, this will be really nice!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

AsimPika3172

I loves Sim City forever!

fantozzi

But ... this ... is amazing!

eggman121

Thanks everyone for the comments :thumbsup:

I am going about a refit of the code and IIDs and am yielding some good results.

May take some time and depending on scheduling may not be available until Post NAM 37. It will be worth the wait however.

I am looking to make the RRW more efficient in terms of coding and IID allocation.

In the meantime...

And yes the standard pieces will work in tandem.

The refit will make it easier to add things like signals and much anticipated catenaries. Getting a consistent allocation of IIDs is the first step.

-eggman121

rivit

useful piece esp given the inclination to jump tracks on the diagonal X at times.

noahclem

Awesome work man! I didn't even realize those kind of switches were common until fairly recently when I made a point of studying railroad switches--Willy would doubtlessly be shaking his head in disbelief :D

Awesome as it is though, it seems too sharp an angle most situations. I imagine distinguishing between the two but something more along the lines of the STR link between parallel rails that currently exists at an FA2 angle. Perhaps these slip switches could be implemented at FA3 or at FA2, probably forcing the STR FA switch to move to FA3? I'll be happy with anything of course; this is a really exciting development  :bnn:

eggman121

Thanks Noah

Slip switches for wider geometry already exist in flextrack for NAM 36 using the appropriate patterns.

Willy would have mixed opinions but keeping options open for end use is the way I am doing thing at the moment.

Kinda silly how the trains jump paths and quite annoying as well. I have some plans to mitigate it however  $%#Ninj2

-eggman121

eggman121

:sleeping: ....... %%Order?/

Well I suppose I have your attention now.

I have been going upon a reorganization pattern for the RRW that will incorporate new functionality into the RealRailway Project. I have some of the fundamentals in place and I would like to share an update.

Here is what this edition brings....

(Macrocurves)

These curves have the same footprint as the minicurves but are more realistic in geometry...

(Comparison to minicurves)

They are based on flex pieces that will be customizable to a variety of turnouts as shown below...

(Yard with macrocurves)

Finally I will showcase the trainset...

(Trainset with the R type macrocurves)

So there you go.

To compliment I am going to make the whole thing really customisable in the way of detail.
That is that If you want Catenary poles as a BAT all you have to do is match the IID to IID read by the T21, Bit of Geek Speak here &smrt

This is such an awesome project and I have been hanging out to show you the stuff that is coming.

RL has hit real hard on the NAM team last and this year. I would not anticipate all of the functionality at once but I will use what time I have to get this mod up and running smoothly.

-eggman121

b22rian

Eggman :),

I really love the new Macro curves and this has indeed added a lot to the overall functionality of the RRW
Thanks so much for all your efforts here  :thumbsup:

fantozzi

Thanks to you most realistic part of SC4 is rail traffic.

At this point I'd like to post a picture of the legendary 360 degree viaduct in Brusio (Swizzerland) of the Bernina-Rail, a UNESCO world cultural heritage and one of the most beautiful railroads of the world.

You're getting close creating a UNESCO cultural heritage too, my friend!

&apls &apls &apls &apls

noahclem

Wow, that looks fantastic  &apls &apls  Great  work!!!

dedgren

That's K-point worthy if anything ever was.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

matias93

Even more improvement!? On the same footprint!! This is unbelievable, you should have to be hacking reality to make all of this possible!

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

Girafe

QuoteTo compliment I am going to make the whole thing really customisable in the way of detail.
That is that If you want Catenary poles as a BAT all you have to do is match the IID to IID read by the T21, Bit of Geek Speak here &smrt

love that :D :D

Thanks for the awesome work on that project  :thumbsup:
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    *