• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

PIMX Official support thread

Started by wouanagaine, November 04, 2009, 12:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RippleJet

Could you attach that lot to a post, so that wouanagaine or I could take a look at it? :)

Andreas

It shouldn't matter if SC4Tool's TE Editor is able to display the textures or not, as it doesn't touch them at all anyway. They are only there to serve you as a visual guideline which tiles should be TE'd. Make sure the texture pack is located within your plugins folder when starting SC4Tool. And yes, please attach the lot in question here, so we can have a look what might have gone wrong.
Andreas

SimNation

Quote from: RippleJet on March 04, 2010, 12:16:42 AM
Could you attach that lot to a post, so that wouanagaine or I could take a look at it? :)

First here it is with the textures on the lot showing up in the lot image on the left

Here is set lot in game

Now...here is the same lot with the textures but after I had decided to change the base textures but then
change them back to the ones I was using previously. The textures showing on the lot but not showing up in game and
in the view list on the left happen with other textures from different sets as well. These are BSC Mega Pack Texture 1 and I get the samething
with Ndex Textures and others. It mostly happens for some of the base textures(mostly the tiled like ones) from what I can tell.

The lot was created from a model that was in a .dat with the stations name and I had deleted the lot that was inside the .dat so that I could make a new lot completely from scratch. And No I did not put the newly created lot in the .dat file which contained the lot the creator made.

RippleJet

The textures seen in the game, seem to be the default ones that SC4 PIM puts on a newly created lot.
Thus, could this be a case of the lot having two base textures on each tile?

Always delete the base textures in SC4 PIM before adding any new ones.
There is an error in the program, disallowing you to replace existing textures, it only adds another set of textures...

SimNation

Quote from: RippleJet on March 04, 2010, 10:28:41 PM
The textures seen in the game, seem to be the default ones that SC4 PIM puts on a newly created lot.
Thus, could this be a case of the lot having two base textures on each tile?

Always delete the base textures in SC4 PIM before adding any new ones.
There is an error in the program, disallowing you to replace existing textures, it only adds another set of textures...

The lot had no base textures when I created it....I put a model in to use the lot there was no textures at all.I stated that I deleted the textures and replaced them and it still did it already.Also can anyone tell me why I cannot edit the lot in SC4tool TE portion? It refuses to un-gray the save icon.

RippleJet

Quote from: SimNation on March 05, 2010, 06:38:35 AM
The lot had no base textures when I created it....

Every lot created in SC4 PIM gets a default Maxis base texture.
Unless you excluded the folder "Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4\" upon starting SC4 PIM, they should show up.

Any chance you could attach that lot of yours to a post here? :)

SimNation

Quote from: RippleJet on March 05, 2010, 06:54:17 AM
Every lot created in SC4 PIM gets a default Maxis base texture.
Unless you excluded the folder "Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4\" upon starting SC4 PIM, they should show up.

Any chance you could attach that lot of yours to a post here? :)

I fixed the problem it was that I the sc4.dats did not get checked....the PIM guidelines did not say you needed it checked at all. Once I checked the folder those base textures that you said load were there and the problem was fixed.As for the Transit Enabling I also fixed that as well.I decided to make a new one and see if that bug you mentioned screwed up the Transit Enabling and it either did or something else did because now I can save the transit enabling on the lot.

Thanks for the quick help..but for future reference someone should put that whatever sc4.dat that contains that texture MUST be among the stuff you are using. So that no one else runs into the same headache as me if they do not want to load all the maxis stuff.  :P

gtaki

Hi there.

I would like to know if there's any special procedure on making multi overlays. The user guide says LE_X handles multi overlays as WYSWYG, but it seems nothing different from those made in MaxisLE (after testing my lot) ()what()

I create lots in MaxisLE first, and then change to LE_X to place textures, save then go back to MaxisLE and put props.

colinfang

how were the effect of properties discovered initially? Does is come from some official editor released by maxis?  Is there a brief history about the building up of the property names from property id?

in other words, does property.xml come from blank or it was constructed on solid fundation built by others?

e.g property: constant monthly income.  who discovered it and who named it as such?

thank you in advance if you can fulfill my curiosity.

RippleJet

The original XML file was by Maxis, and is called SC4Exemplar.xml.
That can be found in the "Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4\Apps" folder.

colinfang

oddly, i don't have xml files under apps, the only things there are simcity4.exe/ini secdrv.sys loteditor.exe drvmgt.dll dbghelp.dll 000000.016/256

RippleJet

I believe SC4Exemplar.xml was included with Maxis' Plugin Manager (which in turn came with the BAT).

joelyboy911

I have a suggestion for the PIM-X team: I would like to be able to copy the UVNK property from one prop exemplar to another, because they have the same name, it would save (only a little, admittedly) filesize by not having to have duplicate LTEXT files. Of course I can do this task in Reader, but to be able to do it in PIM-X (when I'm making the prop exemplars) would be really great.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

joelyboy911

OK, don't worry about replying to me at all.  &mmm

Anyway I have a new and more important problem.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 3367, in OnClose
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 3370, in ShowMain
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 2798, in __init__
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 3161, in LoadDatas
  File "SC4Data.pyo", line 1300, in Finalize
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 406, in UpdateEntry
  File "SC4DatTools.pyo", line 506, in GetProp
AttributeError: Examplar instance has no attribute 'link

This occurred after a PIM-X crash when I clicked save after adding a prop to a family. It also corrupted all the exemplars I had edited prior to the crash.

Edit: sorry, i forgot to say that that message came up at start up during the 'Initialising' phase. Initialising stalled and the application did not open. Removing the corrupted file solved the problem but since the application caused the problem I thought I would bring it up.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

wouanagaine

Unfortunatly, I think your only solution is to remove your latest edited file from your plugins

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

joelyboy911

That's OK, if I can replicate the error that occured first, I'll post the information here to see if anyone can figure it out.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

fafalone

I encountered something interested regarding the OpenGL 1281 errors.

I was going through my latest project updating every lot with a couple extra props. Thing were going along fine, then I got to one particular lot from my pack that produced the error when opening the Lot Editor. The only difference between this lot exemplar and the others was that the others already had a prop on them, and this lot didn't. Sure enough, when I manually added a prop by copying a LotObjectData line over in Reader, it opened up in the LE when I switched back to PIM-X.

Even weirder, NONE of my lots would open in LE if I selected the Program Files\Maxis folders when PIM-X first starts. All gave the OpenGL 1281 errors.

---

Related to my earlier posts, rolling back the display driver to the earliest version that supports my resolution didn't help.

D583087

I was trying to change some of the building exemplars I've downloaded so they are CAM converted, following the SC4PIM User Guide from pg. 12-14.  The issue I'm running into is with setting the CAM occupancy groups.  The "How to Create a Growable Lot" step 4 says you should be able to double click on the Occupancy Group and be able to add the respective Occupant Group codes... however, when I double click on Occupancy Group, nothing happens.  Am I missing a step somewhere?  I have the new properties XML download already too, if that matters.

Great tool otherwise though...  :thumbsup:

DCMetro2834

Hello,

Had a question....are you supposed to put the dlls in Computer --> Program Files --> SC4PIM? I dled all of them, put them in there, and also reinstalled....but I still get the startup error. The dlls are still in their extracted folders, but I figured it shouldn't matter....
I have Win 7 32 Bit.

Is there anything else I could do?

-DC

thingfishs

Hi,

why, sometimes when I make a new exemplar, is a ._LooseDesc file created instead of a .SC4Desc?