• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

PIMX Official support thread

Started by wouanagaine, November 04, 2009, 12:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas

Quote from: thingfishs on May 31, 2010, 03:22:16 PM
why, sometimes when I make a new exemplar, is a ._LooseDesc file created instead of a .SC4Desc?

As mentioned in the readme file, this "LooseDesc" file is only there to cache the properties for a ploppable lot, which are merged with the SC4Lot file once it is created, so the "LooseDesc" should be deleted after creating the lot.
Andreas

wouanagaine

And at least should not be included in any download. You can keep the loosedesc as long as yuo intend to create more than one lot for the same plopable examplar. If however you delete the loosedesc, you can still use the examplar included in the lot to create another lot

To know if you have some loosedesc floating on your plugins folder, in PIMX go in the 'unknown/unused' category, there will be there

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Biriali

I think I may have a problem with this otherwise excellent tool.

I am trying to create a building family (it has to be buildings, as the family consists of boats that are to be plopped on water). The problem is that instead of making .sc4desc files, PIMX makes ._loosedesc files. Normally, this is no problem at all. But when I then select the "create a ploppable lot from this building" and select to use the entire family, only one ._loosedesc file is merged in to the lot. This means that there's no building family associated with the lot, only the one building I selected.

I did study the manual, but it doesn't mention this problem.
Thank you for your help. By the way, this is the first real issue I've had with this program. It's a really helpful addition! :thumbsup:
Nemo sobrius saltaret

CasperVg

I'm not 100% sure, but I think making building families for plopable lots is not possible. It only works for growable lots, if I recall correctly.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

BarbyW

You are correct, Casper. Ploppable lots cannot have a building family.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

LordLucifer

Hello,
I created some lots with mediterranean buildings for my cj "Royaume Bourgogne du Sud" at simforum.de.

all different lots:

R$$1x3:

R$$1x2:

To create the lots i used the original Loteditor. After lotting i wanted to start modding these lots. I installed PIMX, downloaded the dll-files, deactivated windows aero and started the programm as administrator. Now, if i try to create a desc-file this message is popping up:
QuoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 3051, in OnBeginDrag
File "SC4Data.pyo", line 50, in __getitem__
KeyError

windows 7 professional
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS

re-install or compatibility mode doesn't help.
~My german CJ at simforum.de: Royaume Bourgogne du Sud~
~Lucifers Lotfactory~

sorry about my english, i am german

BarbyW

What building exemplar have you used for the lots? Normally you would make the building exemplar first then make the lots.

LordLucifer

for the lots i used the original building "Villa Vipla", then Fluggi told me that i have to create a new desc-file and exchange the building on the lot. With his help i tried to create a new desc-file with PIMX, but the error-message popped up.

Now i have deleted PIMX, re-installed it and deleted all of the following dll-files:
    *  GLU32.dll
    * GLUT32.dll
    * GDIPLUS.dll
    * MSVCP71.DLL

after that i downloaded the dll-files again from the internet and now it works. No new error-message.  ()stsfd()
~My german CJ at simforum.de: Royaume Bourgogne du Sud~
~Lucifers Lotfactory~

sorry about my english, i am german

BarbyW

Good to hear you have solved your problem.

Lowkee33

Excellent program here!  I am new here, and I especially appreciate the "filling degree" tool.  I have a few questions though.

1)  How compatible is this with Ilive's Reader?  I have had some trouble when I make a .dat in PIMX and then mod it in the reader and then go back to pimx to LE.  I haven't pin-pointed the problem, but it seems the Reader doesn't change data properly for pimx.  One example was when I made a landmark with IR jobs and changed the wealth and occupancy(?) with the reader.  The landmark had no jobs in-game, but when I changed them in pimx it worked.

2)  I am also having trouble with making Passenger Ferries.  Is there a way to make lots rest on water in pimx?  In X-tools i changed the proper tile from land to water (and also gave it water capabilities).  The Ferry plops correctly, but nobody uses it.  I understand a certain water depth is required for a ferry to work, but the CSG basic ferry pontoon works on the same tile.  In fact, I have tried to copy the bfp as well as possible with no avail.

3)  In PIMX one can change the tile-set, and I have quickly confused myself as to which buildings will grow :).  I also have some buildings that were made improperly in-game and don't want them to grow anymore.  Is there anything wrong with setting the tile-set to be none?

4) Lastly, I am trying to reduce the visibility of the diagonal road grass.  I have made a lot that the yellow-prop-square serverly overhangs the tile border.  Is this wrong?

Maybe that last question doesn't belong here.  Thanks again.

RippleJet

Quote from: Lowkee33 on July 09, 2010, 05:44:07 AM
1)  How compatible is this with Ilive's Reader?  I have had some trouble when I make a .dat in PIMX and then mod it in the reader and then go back to pimx to LE.  I haven't pin-pointed the problem, but it seems the Reader doesn't change data properly for pimx.  One example was when I made a landmark with IR jobs and changed the wealth and occupancy(?) with the reader.  The landmark had no jobs in-game, but when I changed them in pimx it worked.

Basically you shouldn't change the wealth of an I-R building in Reader.
I-R buildings need to be low wealth in order to be correctly categorized in PIM-X.

2)  I am also having trouble with making Passenger Ferries.  Is there a way to make lots rest on water in pimx?  In X-tools i changed the proper tile from land to water (and also gave it water capabilities).

Water/land constraints unfortunately cannot be set/changed in PIM-X.
Wouanagaine is aware of this, but we're not sure when he'll find time to add the feature.

3)  In PIMX one can change the tile-set, and I have quickly confused myself as to which buildings will grow :).  I also have some buildings that were made improperly in-game and don't want them to grow anymore.  Is there anything wrong with setting the tile-set to be none?

Nothing wrong really... that's how blockers are made.
If you remove all tilesets, existing buildings in your cities will still function and upgrade, but no new ones will ever grow again.

4) Lastly, I am trying to reduce the visibility of the diagonal road grass.  I have made a lot that the yellow-prop-square serverly overhangs the tile border.  Is this wrong?

Everything diagonal needs to be overhanging props, yes. ;)

CityMEX

Quote from: joelyboy911 on April 14, 2010, 09:19:16 PM
OK, don't worry about replying to me at all.  &mmm

Anyway I have a new and more important problem.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 3367, in OnClose
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 3370, in ShowMain
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 2798, in __init__
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 3161, in LoadDatas
  File "SC4Data.pyo", line 1300, in Finalize
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 406, in UpdateEntry
  File "SC4DatTools.pyo", line 506, in GetProp
AttributeError: Examplar instance has no attribute 'link

This occurred after a PIM-X crash when I clicked save after adding a prop to a family. It also corrupted all the exemplars I had edited prior to the crash.

Edit: sorry, i forgot to say that that message came up at start up during the 'Initialising' phase. Initialising stalled and the application did not open. Removing the corrupted file solved the problem but since the application caused the problem I thought I would bring it up.

Hi everyone...Yeah i got the same delicate situation. The Msg is showen during the initialising-phase. Was trying to figure out which file it is by loading the pimx with and without my plugin folder. in my case it seems the corrupt file is located ingame as a file of sc4deluxe and i can't remove it. big problem i guess. do i have to reinstall sc4? thats really the last option i'd like to do..... :-\

Quote from: fafalone on April 15, 2010, 12:36:24 AM
I encountered something interested regarding the OpenGL 1281 errors.

I was going through my latest project updating every lot with a couple extra props. Thing were going along fine, then I got to one particular lot from my pack that produced the error when opening the Lot Editor. The only difference between this lot exemplar and the others was that the others already had a prop on them, and this lot didn't. Sure enough, when I manually added a prop by copying a LotObjectData line over in Reader, it opened up in the LE when I switched back to PIM-X.

Even weirder, NONE of my lots would open in LE if I selected the Program Files\Maxis folders when PIM-X first starts. All gave the OpenGL 1281 errors.

---

Related to my earlier posts, rolling back the display driver to the earliest version that supports my resolution didn't help.
<<
.. and here the same. same prob like u have fafalone. if i want to create a lot by using the building i chose i get an error (openGL.dll).The LE doesn't start and the pimx creates just a loosedesc-file in the plugin folder. nothing else....was trying it with diffrent building exemplar to create a new plop but it doesn't helps...
if anybody has a solution or idea to fix it, just let us know....have an itch to fix it, really  ()stsfd() ...

wouanagaine

Are you sure you haven't any plugins in the Program files\Simcity 4\plugins folder ?
And if not what is the last modified date of the various simcity_x.dat files, just to make sure you or any other program have modified the files

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

CityMEX

Quote from: wouanagaine on July 22, 2010, 05:08:13 AM
Are you sure you haven't any plugins in the Program files\Simcity 4\plugins folder ?
And if not what is the last modified date of the various simcity_x.dat files, just to make sure you or any other program have modified the files

Of course i have. but to find the issue i did copie the files i work with (airport stuff) to an other direction outside of my plugin-folder. first of all, i tried to find out,which file(s) is/are corrupted and where it is located. i deleted the whole pic-DB and started pimx just with some files in the Program files\Simcity 4\plugins folder which i have there placed since i installed pimx (AC-team files, voltaire airportfiles,some essential texture pack and so on). ok, the prog started up normally without issues or crashes. then... i did the same but just with simcity-files (checked the box of the folder: maxis\Simcity 4\plugins when i started the pimx in the first conf-window)...and with some files of there i get problems. but i guess there is nothing to fix up. i just have to reinstall the whole simcity again...

anyhow,what do u mean by this? ::)  $%#Ninj2
Quote from: wouanagaine on July 22, 2010, 05:08:13 AM
...what is the last modified date of the various simcity_x.dat files...
am not sure, i never modded something around there. in fact, since now i never created my own plop with pimx...i just get to use with it and its really a great program with a lot of options.. am sure i will gonna fix that issue...finally there is a possitive side-effect..as more as u try to solve something as more u have to look into a subject and learn a lot about it....

anyway, thnx....:)

xxdita

Make sure that you're using the latest XML file from the LEX. Sounds like a problem another member was having a few days ago.

CityMEX

Quote from: xxdita on July 22, 2010, 05:02:50 PM
Make sure that you're using the latest XML file from the LEX. Sounds like a problem another member was having a few days ago.
yeah thnx. am using it :) i guess there is a registry problem on my maschine and has nothing to do with pimX.. anyway, tomorrow i will get back my laptop and sunday the machine will be ready for use. will install everything new from ground up and start with a fresh vigin win7,nice graphic card and quard processor. am sure the actual problems will be things of the past $%Grinno$%...
keep cool.mex

Lowkee33

I didnt get much help with this in the LE Help threads.  So here I am with a picture.

The two lots in the center are the same lot and have the same problem.  The top lot grows and does not loose its construction texture.  When I go to zone view and back I am left with the bottom lot.

This problem happens pretty randomly with all buildings.  Am I opening PIMX with too much stuff (SC4 + 300mb of plugins)?
These houses are found in CSX Mega Vol 04.

I did the following: 1) Open PIMX with just CSX and made the models into .desc files, which I then added to the same family and gave a euro tile set. 2) Re-open PIMX with the SC4 and plugins, made a growable, opened the LE and deleted the base textures. 3) save, quit, play.

I am really in the dark with this one as I cant seem to make it happen on purpose.  So far my solution has been to add base textures when I see this happen.  Thanks.   

BarbyW

You cannot have a growable with a transparent base texture as the zone colour will show as it does in the bottom lot.

Lowkee33

Thanks BarbyW - your sureness  made me wonder why it only happens to some of my lots.  The answer is overlay textures.  So far my conclusions is that if a lot has at least one overlay will not have this happen.  However, a void on that tile will eventually appear.  That void can be removed by a quick data view change. As you can see in my pic, every other growable appears fine without base textures.

Edit:  However these lots have their own problems which I have not isolated.  Sometimes these lots will behave like an immortal lot, but in this case the overlay textures will be seemingly immortal.  I say seemingly, because plopping a grassy park and then demolishing it will remove the problem (I would imagine any lot plop would do, but I have not tested it). 

I will add a PIMX tip:  I have found that moving to quickly into the LE will cause many "no preview" boxes to appear.  I opened task manager to see if anything was happening, and indeed PIMX was using the CPU.  So, if you want the best experience out of PIMX it is best to wait until it is done with whatever it is doing (which I imagine is loading the pictures) and then start Lotting.     

j3shafer

Can't get it to work.

********************* ERROR *********************
in examplar 0x6534284AL 0xCF2BDCF8L 0x516BD80AL
located in C:\Users\Owner\Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\BSC.dat
Unknown prop type
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 3367, in OnClose
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 3370, in ShowMain
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 2798, in __init__
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 3161, in LoadDatas
  File "SC4Data.pyo", line 1300, in Finalize
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 397, in UpdateEntry
  File "SC4DatTools.pyo", line 388, in __init__
  File "SC4DatTools.pyo", line 466, in DecodeBuffer
  File "SC4DatTools.pyo", line 457, in DecodeBinary
  File "SC4DatTools.pyo", line 457, in <lambda>
  File "SC4DatTools.pyo", line 120, in __init__
KeyError: 9216

I've tried to re-download and install it. I've tried downloading and replacing the .dll's. I'm just a casual gamer so python script errors are sort of lost on me.