• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

PIMX Official support thread

Started by wouanagaine, November 04, 2009, 12:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyberius06

Thank you. I'll give it an another try, because the last time when I used the tool, 2days ago, the sc4 tool hasn't even recognized the basic maxis white texture on the same lot. I ran a scan through this lot and recognized the 258f2000 base and the dddd3660 overlay textures but in the location column only showed up the "not found" on both textures. I've already wanted to report, but...
By the way thank you!
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Andreas

Maybe you didn't set up SC4Tool properly. Check the program's settings in order to see if it found the path to your SC4 installation and to your plugins folder. If not, you have to set them manually.

When you start the dependency scanner, a little window should show up for a moment, telling you that your plugins folder is scanned for dependencies (might take a little while). If you didn't see it, or if it seemed to happen way too fast, it might be a path settings issue alright.
Andreas

mgb204

The mod with the sandstone texture I believe is Atmosguy's Sandstone mod.

Tyberius06

Thanks both of you the help.
@Andreas: the SC4Tool pathing issue was a good idea, it solved the problem, now it works properly.
@mgb204: I've actually never used that mod, but eventually I figured it out, that the "CP SCILT PAENG" mod uses these overlays.

By the way thank both of you the help!!!  &apls &apls &apls
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Edvarz

Hello!
I found something strange while editing some ploppable functional buildings with PIM-X. I couldn't find the building in the "Ploppable" category or the "Landmark with jobs" sub-category at the left menu, rather, it was in the "Unknown" category and when I right click to recompute the properties, the menu doesn't have that option avaliable. (It isn't greyed out or anything it just isn't there).
Since the lots weren't made with PIM-X to begin with, my guess is that this has something to do with the merging process of the desc and lot files. So how can I edit the file to be able to recompute it's properties in PIM-X? Is the file safe to use in game, or will it mess it somehow?

Thanks in advance! :)

Ducio

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has had issues with PIMX and Windows 10 and/or Origin? I downloaded PIMX, the new properties XML, and the multiarray.pyd bugfix.  I get an error message to check the log and when I do I get this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SC4PIM.py", line 1, in ?
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 96, in ?
  File "wx\__init__.pyo", line 45, in ?
  File "wx\_core.pyo", line 4, in ?
  File "wx\_core_.pyo", line 12, in ?
  File "wx\_core_.pyo", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

mgb204

Missing some part of Python usually, probably a DLL file. Have you checked the readme, you should have MSVCR71.dll installed, possibly others.

FrankU

Quote from: Edvarz on February 07, 2016, 03:26:56 PM
Hello!
I found something strange while editing some ploppable functional buildings with PIM-X. I couldn't find the building in the "Ploppable" category or the "Landmark with jobs" sub-category at the left menu, rather, it was in the "Unknown" category and when I right click to recompute the properties, the menu doesn't have that option avaliable. (It isn't greyed out or anything it just isn't there).
Since the lots weren't made with PIM-X to begin with, my guess is that this has something to do with the merging process of the desc and lot files. So how can I edit the file to be able to recompute it's properties in PIM-X? Is the file safe to use in game, or will it mess it somehow?

Hi Edvarz,

Could you give me a link to the lots you are talking about? Then I can download and check what's wrong. Maybe I can help you.

Ducio

Thank you mgb204, it works now with the DLL files! The DLL files aren't mentioned the User Guide.

mgb204

Well, if you check the first post of this thread, you'd find all the required DLLs listed with links. They are not dependencies in the usual sense, because they are not specifically SC4 content, rather libraries for your operating system. Some may already have them installed, others not.

The user guide is designed to explain how to use PIM-X, not how to install it.

Edvarz

Quote from: FrankU on March 11, 2016, 02:58:45 AM
Hello!

Hi Edvarz,

Could you give me a link to the lots you are talking about? Then I can download and check what's wrong. Maybe I can help you.

Hi FrankU! sorry I didn't reply, I completely forgot about my post here, this is one the files I was referring to:
http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/19153-lbt-fiesta-americana-hotel/

I decided to just create a new ploppable lot anyway, but any insight would be much appreciated!

ngpillow

Quote from: Ducio on March 10, 2016, 04:59:25 PM
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has had issues with PIMX and Windows 10 and/or Origin? I downloaded PIMX, the new properties XML, and the multiarray.pyd bugfix.  I get an error message to check the log and when I do I get this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "SC4PIM.py", line 1, in ?
  File "SC4PIMApp.pyo", line 96, in ?
  File "wx\__init__.pyo", line 45, in ?
  File "wx\_core.pyo", line 4, in ?
  File "wx\_core_.pyo", line 12, in ?
  File "wx\_core_.pyo", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

I got the exact same thing, in which i installed PIM too on my new comp that runs on windows 10. I need a solution as soon as possible thanks!

vortext

ngpillow, in that case you probably have to install the required DLL files as well. See the first post of the thread.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

ngpillow

Quote from: vortext on April 07, 2016, 01:01:21 AM
ngpillow, in that case you probably have to install the required DLL files as well. See the first post of the thread.

Naise it worked. Thanks!

mgb204

So you ask this same question on Tuesday at ST <link>, then come here despite being given the same answer to ask once more? What gives?

I'm sorly tempted to Neg you for wasting peoples time.

FrankU

Quote from: Edvarz on April 03, 2016, 03:57:53 PM
Quote from: FrankU on March 11, 2016, 02:58:45 AM
Hello!

Hi Edvarz,

Hi FrankU! sorry I didn't reply, I completely forgot about my post here, this is one the files I was referring to:
http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/19153-lbt-fiesta-americana-hotel/

I decided to just create a new ploppable lot anyway, but any insight would be much appreciated!

Hi Edvarz,
Sorry, I forgot about this thread for a while....
I did take a look and I have the same issues as you told. I don't know if the original lot will mess up something. I have the idea tha stats are not too strange, so it will be OK.

Best is indeed: make a new building out of the model file and then make your own lot. You know that it is easy to copy all props and textures from one lot to another?
The only thing is: make a new lot the same size as the original lot (obvious) then copy the props and textures and then go lot edit and move the building to the correct location. Maybe three minutes of work.
Making the icon is probably the most time consuming part of this procedure, but you could try to use the original one.

nos.17

Here again....

The other day I was playing around with creating prop families (which I used to do with the Reader), and in the process, I incidentally created a nice file I can't delete. Using an existing prop family I created awhile ago, under the "Unnamed Families" tab I renamed it, and everything appears fine in PIMX while its open; when starting up again the family is again unnamed. This appears as soon as the family was named.

It is literally a "file" of 0b, and I cannot rename, change the extension, or delete because Windows cannot find the file (says it is no longer located in plugins). Is there something I am missing or doing wrong? I can find nothing in the user manual...

Edit: Now there's two of them.  :troutslap:

vortext

When a family is named PIMX creates a cohort file with the prop family name, so an additional file in the plugins folder is to be expected. However, it ought to be another .desc file which it clearly is not here. My first guess is it has something to do with properties.xml, though I'm not sure if the one on the LEX actually is the most up-to-date, iirc there're a number of versions floating around in various threads as well.  &Thk/(
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

nos.17

Yep, that is sort of what I was expecting too... It turns out that the new_properties.xml and settings.ini that I had originally were only one day older than the link you posted, but I ran it again anyways and got the same result. Nothing new happened; the file just showed a current modified date.

Not a big deal as I was just experimenting and still have the trusty Reader, but I'm just puzzled. The only other thing I could think of would be the prop family i am trying to modify is not in root plugins - its in a few subfolders. But that shouldn't do anything, should it?

Mikey Knox

I'm just starting of with PIM making a very simple Forest Lot, but how do i change the size of the Lot. I use the default Pz1x1_Grass as starter and want to make it 2x2. With the MaxisLE i only had to change the size in the Menu (easy). But how do i do that in PIM?