• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

New NAM??

Started by Alek King of SC4, January 03, 2007, 07:33:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thundercrack83

Quote from: Gaston on January 04, 2007, 06:49:42 PM
Oh well, as someone important (John F. Kennedy) once said linkie "Ich bin ein Berliner."   Wait doesn't that mean I am a doughnut?   Hmmmm,   Well you are what you eat they say.

I saw a very funny stand-up clip about this by Eddie Izzard...

Anyway, one question: What are the elevated pieces in the last picture?

Alek King of SC4

uuuggghhh no ground highway onslope pieces  :thumbsdown:
totally weak sauce.  :angrymore:

-the curved rail is nice but very impractical in use (imo) for urban/semi urban areas.
will be very nice for making farms, rural areas.  :thumbsup:

-the street pieces are kinda cool, i like the slope conforminess. (one of best additions)  :thumbsup:

-the dual networking stuff i am not a fan of, always have had issues with.
(very crashy and can't get traffic to flow right)

-the new highway ramps are pretty cool but not amazing.

Overall new NAM review 5/10

some nice upgrades (curved rail, diag street, ramps)
some key pieces missing  (trumpet interchanges, ect)

jeronij

The new NAM is being released now to this site as well, as a registered members download  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Rayden

Is that the english version?

jeronij

QuoteIs that the english version?
Yes it is  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

steVie

:thumbsup: Thanks a million to all who helped put this gem together and to jeronij for hosting it.  I couldn't imagine SC4 without the NAM.
Hi there..

jeronij

Quote from: steVie on January 05, 2007, 01:41:26 PM
:thumbsup: Thanks a million to all who helped put this gem together and to jeronij for hosting it.  I couldn't imagine SC4 without the NAM.
You are welcome twice  ;) . Some of the custom bridges are mine as well #stsfd·

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Gaston

Thank You sooooo much Jeronij.   :thumbsup: I am DLing the English version while I type this.   I couldn't tell what I did wrong while installing the German version but it doubles some of the stuff in the menus and didn't load some other stuff.    So I am gonna uninstall the German version and reinstall the English version. (Already uninstalled.)   At least then I'll know what the heck I am doing.     I am REALLY happy I joined this site all that time ago.    And I am even happier that I really started participating in stuff here.    You have got a great place here.    Thanks for hosting it and making it available to us all.     &apls

---Gaston
Edit:  (Still only 60% DL'd.   I hate dial up.  /sad¬¬)
Okay maybe this is a stupid question but here it goes.
    Do I need to uninstall my original (OCT 200?) version of NAM or is this just an ADDON to that one?    I was thinking that might explain why I have 2 sets of RHWs and 2 sets of puzzles pieces for a bunch of the items.   I'll wait till it finishes downloading and the read the read me.   Maybe that will tell me.    I know what everyone is thinking.   ("Sheesh, what a noob question that was." )    Well maybe someone else out there was just too afraid to ask it, so I did.   LOL   Anyway thanks again, Jeronij.
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

meinhosen

You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

Alfred.Jones

I was also hoping for highway onslope pieces and glr onslope pieces. But nice work on the new NAM everyone who helped :thumbsup: Thanks for uploading it here Jeronij

Sim City 4 Devotion

Gaston

Okay I answered my own question about the uninstall.   But now I have another.   Is anyone else having a problem with NAM not letting them use either the dual network(undergroung train) or the train curve if they have the Rural Highways installed.    I've tried several times last night and when I had the rural highways in there, I can't access either of the items listed above.   When I take it out, no problem, they are there.    Anyone have any suggestions?

---Gaston
白龍

WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Rayden

I had that. Either you remove the Rural Higway (you don't need it any more) or you install the NAM inside a folder greater that the letter "R", for instance on a folder called ZZZ or similar.

Gaston

Thanks Rayden,
I kinda figured it was the problem files.   As far as not needing it.    NAM doesn't have a RHW that I have found.    Does it???    Do I have another issue I didn't even know about?.    I sorta like the RHW but I suppose I could just as easily use ground highways and maybe add the asphalt texture to them.   Thats if that texture won't mess up something too???   I suppose I'll try loading the RHW in a file that is lettered less than "N" (aphabetically).

---Gaston
白龍

mjig_dudy

there is going to an update for the Rural Highway soon. this will make it compatible with the new NAM. keep checking the RHW thread on Simtropolis as the update will most likely be posted as a link in there.

Gaston

Thanks mjig_dudy,
    I keep jumping back and forth between this site and that one hoping someone will let me know.   Rayden said that the RHW was part of the knew NAM already.   I can't seem to find it, if it is.   Do you know if that is the case or not?

---Gaston
白龍

mjig_dudy

Well if it is part of the NAM i haven't found it yet.

Ive used both the German and English version and all there was was the ANT and it simply displayed normal road textures

Gaston

Well mjig_dudy,
    I have actually answer my own question over at the ST rural highway developement thread.    The answer is no.   But there will be a new RHW out very soon (according to the thread) that will be fully compatable with the new NAM.   I think it will be out in just a few days!!!!    I hope.   

---Gaston
白龍

Rayden

After a few attempts I managed to have the new NAM and still have the RHW, you have to install the new NAM in a folder that loads after the RHW modd.

Fukuda

Quote from: Alek King of SC4 on January 05, 2007, 06:14:45 AM
some key pieces missing  (trumpet interchanges, ect)

No BATters, no interchanges... Batting an interchange is a real pain in the.... neck, and no one is interested  :-[
Back to europe ;D

Alek King of SC4

yeah i thought i had seen a BAT model of one in the NAM development thread on ST a while back all the things i mentioned of missing were things i had seen in that thread.