• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

3-lane one-way roads

Started by Crissa, December 16, 2007, 04:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crissa

Hey, does anyone have a mod for 3-lane (tight) one-way road sections?  Or double-tile-wide four/five lane sections of one-way road?

-Crissa

Tarkus

Hi Crissa-

5-lane dual-tile OWRs are already in progress [link] (it's probably time that thread got moved to the NAM Board), though the project has been on hiatus, since we've been focusing on other projects lately (RHW, SAM, etc.).

As far as 3 or 4-lane setups, those are doable.  It's funny you bring up an OWR-3, because I would actually be able to reuse a lot of my work on the TLA-3 for it. (both texture-wise and modding-wise) ;) 

Hope that answered your questions.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Crissa

Yes, thanks! ^-^  It's hard to keep track of all the sources and threads.

School's over, so I'm back to fiddling, though this weekend is shot 'cause I made Maya and Photoshop incompatible.  Ohwell. x-x

-Crissa

cammo2003

I'd like to see 3-lane OWR's also. Glad to hear it's a definite possibility. They're so common in Sydney's CBD it's ridiculous.

Owen Luby

Quote from: cammo2003 on December 16, 2007, 09:28:33 PM
I'd like to see 3-lane OWR's also. Glad to hear it's a definite possibility. They're so common in Sydney's CBD it's ridiculous.

Yes I was in Sydney the other day... I was astounded by how many one way roads there were. There are none at all in Melbourne. Guess, we don't need them - our city was planned ::)

I would love to see this become reality.
I want SC4 back!!

nerdly_dood

There's just a few one way roads in my city, but there are PLENTY in Washington, DC.But DC was given plenty more planning than Melbourne probably was It was intended to be, to confuse invaders and such.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

A200

Quote from: cammo2003 on December 16, 2007, 09:28:33 PM

There are heaps of one way roads in our CBD too, but probably not as many as yours as our CBD is quite small...

Shadow Assassin

QuoteIt was intended to be, to confuse invaders and such.

Are you sure the invaders would follow the road rules? ;)

Well, if they were Soviets, maybe... but not today. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

j-dub

5 lanes are great, but I think 3 is more realistic. The only thing I can do is take a regular highway before its connecting to anything else, and split it up with a railroad track, so that way its like a one way, because traffic only flows one direction and its 3 lanes wide. The only down side effect is you can't build anything off directly this way because theres the walls, so the cars can't get on.