• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSlark

Thank you, David! I'm glad to see that I'm the Shark of 3RR.  :D

I'm looking forward to more Atlas entries...

Cheers,
Kevin

Pat

Kalanc, true either way we look at its gonna cross somewhere as since its hard to tell emotions online...

Dragon I understood you was trying to make some fun about it and im glad you corrected it as well... Just sorry to see that the humor wasn' caught and we have to watch out since this is not only viewed by english speaking folks but of many nations...

With that we have to clearly think out what we want to see so it don't offend folks, thats what off topic is for where you can relax a little bit lol.... Honestly I re-read what i type and i edit it several times before im set where my post wont come across bad anymore lol.....

So on topic again David this is great times to think its been a year ago since Devotions started to get boards set up and then folks started to come on and chat.... That was a great tribute you did for Kevin (BigSlarK)..... OKies enough from me lol - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Jmouse

And a very special birthday it is. Hope some of the "old timers" will share their favorite memories during this time.

Until next time...
Joan

dragonshardz

Hey David, I think I found something that might be of interest to you:

That is the Wave3 Free-flowing Stream Generator, and it's pretty darn cool. It can make some pretty cool waterfalls and stuff like that. It can be found here [linkie]. It was made by none other than qurlix, the person who started the RHW project, I beleive. It could possibly be used with Jeronij's TPW for rapids and waterfalls.

Yoman

David - I highly doubt that a cake of that size will feed all the members this excellent site has attracted, maybe something more like this.

mightygoose

well 1 year of sc4d, and 45days till one year of 3RR at sc4d....
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

emilin

One year already? It feels like yesterday this site started. It really has grown though. And I suspect that 3RR has played quite a part in that.

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

dedgren

I love Canada, and in particular the Great Plains provinces of Manitoba and Saskatchewan.  It may be because I grew up in the northern midwest, and find something gently reassuring about rolling plains fading off into a distant horizon or the sight of an old grain elevator standing alongside the tracks.  3RR's location up on the border, so to speak, has given me the opportunity to look at things that evoke many memories of things Canadian seen during the 10 drives or so I've made through it headed "Outside" over the past 15 years.
Those memories, alas, did not include the proper spelling of Manitoba's provincial capital Winnepeg, er Winnipeg.

Now, Winnipeg is a properly beautiful place all its own

and certainly rates being spelled correctly...

...heh!

It took our Canadian friend and new 3RR Fact Checker Douwe to spot my error, though, pointing it out here [linkie].  I quickly corrected the mistake [linkie] and this is the promised recognition.

Douwe, your sharp eyes and specific knowledge have qualified you to be a 3RR Fact Checker.  Long may you be looking over my humble shoulder.

Oddly enough, I noticed this

as I was driving around downtown Pineshore.  Think it might be a cross-border forebear?

Thanks again, my friend, and thanks to all you other 3RR Fact Checkers out there...

...you know who you are- now get back to work!

Later.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

douwe

Thankyou, David.  Very gracious of you.  As you can see I still follow 3RR's progress very closely and not for the purpose of finding errors either.  Your attention to detail astounds me and leads me to think that you appreciate correction the rare times fatigue or hurriedness trips you up.  Keep up the good work.

I was named Douwe after a long line of Douwe's in my Paternal grandmothers family in Fryslân and therefore would probably fit in better in the Evergem MD where you will find the look and history of the area, although I will feel at home lending my name to anything Canadian in a region that reminds me very much of the Pontiac region of the Ottawa valley where I grew up.

I didn't intend to make a speech but once I get started...

Okay, I'll shutup now.

Douwe.
"As 't net ken sa 't moet, dan moet 't mar sa 't ken"
Old Frisian Proverb

Kitsune

Quote from: dedgren on November 05, 2007, 01:28:01 PM
I love Canada, and in particular the Great Plains provinces of Manitoba and Saskatchewan.  It may be because I grew up in the northern midwest, and find something gently reassuring about rolling plains fading off into a distant horizon or the sight of an old grain elevator standing alongside the tracks.  3RR's location up on the border, so to speak, has given me the opportunity to look at things that evoke many memories of things Canadian seen during the 10 drives or so I've made through it headed "Outside" over the past 15 years.
Those memories, alas, did not include the proper spelling of Manitoba's provincial capital Winnepeg, er Winnipeg.
David

Heh, rolling hills? I remember that quite well - the main reason why my best sleep on a road trip in came those two provinces, puts you to sleep  /wrrd%& Obviously, I never drived!

But, Winnepeg, its more common then you think - I've seen this spelling on everything from government files to sports columns.......
~ NAM Team Member

Jmouse

Congratulations on your tribute, douwe. And really, there's no reason to shut up - nobody else does! :D

Until next time...
Joan

thundercrack83

All this talk about Winnipeg and no mention of the Jets?!!? Dale Hawerchuk would not be happy! But, anyway...

Congratulations, douwe! And welcome to the 3RR Fact Checkers! And congratulations to Kevin (BigSlark) on his accolade, too!

Pat

David that was a great spot on Winnipeg.... got to spell it right now lol

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

kalanc69

I just wanted to wish SC4 Devotion a Happy Birthday and say thank you for a wonderful site where I can find everything I could possibly need related to SC4!!  &apls &apls I am looking forward to a very long and enjoyable relationship!!

jayo

Man-i need to see some of your SC4 pictures again  :'( :'(
I'm back

dedgren

Sorry about the mini-hiatus, folks.  I was in an out-of-town trial, then an all-day mediation Friday on a case that is set for a two-week jury trial starting the first week of December.

...whine, whine- I know...

A big honors post is in the works.  Here's a few teaser pics.

See ya' later today.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Pat

OK David somethins smelling a bit fishie here lol.... Hmmm i wonder what the big honor is gonna be and do love the boats btw... See ya's soon my friend - pat

calibanX

I'm looking forward to seeing what your honors post is all about. Welcome back.
Where City and Country Flow Together

dedgren

We're "cabining" tonight...

I've got some supplemental briefing to work on tomorrow for a trial Tuesday and Wednesday.  I should also have plenty of time to do some major stuff here (which is nice after last week's drought).  The owners have installed wi-fi since last year: that makes this just a perfect place.

Heather loves frogs- can you tell?

It's also snowing to beat the band.

Probably an inch or so an hour.

A great night to be inside.

Anyway, off to go get the dog and some dinner.

Later.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

threestooges

Reminds me of whe I lived in Reno, NV. Though we didn't get snow like that too often, it was great to watch when we did. NIce tease with the arsenal pic, good to know that we have a force like that patrolling the shores. I'll be working on a memo (see also: research paper) for much of the weekend, but I'll be in as often as I can to see what's going on. Take it easy and stay warm.