• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Reginam da Domena Lorella [Last Update: 10/11/07]

Started by Dark_Jedi06, August 23, 2007, 08:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

WoW Dark_jedi yup yup defintly reallly above and beyond par wow!!!!!!!   you are a true newpaper master and also even better city builder and as yoman said and i re-up it " I just cant wait for the downtown now " - pat

btw welcome to page 2

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Jmouse

Very attractive update. You're good at spicing up the photos!  :thumbsup:
And, like the canals, your transport system blends in just as it should (wish I could learn how to do that!).
Even though I'm not a big fan of disasters, I'll enjoy watching your region develop just the same.

Until next time...
Joan

pipishere

Great 2 updates!! Such a picturesque capital and your railways are fantastic. Great addition with the "On This Day"...fab! :)

Xiziz

Nice update, i really like your railroads and the Autostrada going through town ^__^

Fachwerk/Alpine Houses, all the same to me :P you can see that the roofs are made so that the snow will fall right off them :P

bat

thundercrack83

Incredible work here, my friend! I just caught up with all the updates and I'm ready to follow along! I'll be looking forward to seeing more!

Dark_Jedi06

As the Altstadt begins to phase out, the Ossian skyline begins to form. Large tenements built during Domena Lorella's 30 years as a Soviet satellite still stand throughout the city and much of the country.

The large building shown here was once the Ministry of Defense under Domena Lorella's communist regime. However, after the collapse of Lorellian communism in 1974 and the restructuring of the government the building was left vacant. It is currently a candidate for the location SARF's (SCJU Allied Response Force) new headquarters and prominently displays a monument of the SCJU seal.

A glimpse of the Federal Parliamentary Chamber, home to the central democratic body of the Lorellian government. It was the former palace of the royal family but was heavily damaged during Red December, the communist revolution which took place during World War II. After the execution of the royal family, the palace was left empty and in decrepit condition as a symbol of the monarchies opulence. Imperator Kreshnik Steiner rebuilt the massive structure shortly after his crowning and declared it the home of the new government's democratic center.

Another shot of the Federal Parliamentary Chamber.

The front of the Federal Parliamentary Chamber. The large Alea da Crudar Fegl, translated to Avenue of Fallen Leaves, leads up to the massive building. A small glimpse of the avenue is shown here.

Yoman-Well you'll have to wait a little longer for the downtown. ;D
belfastuniguy-To be honest, I had no idea who was using in the picture. I just needed someone wearing a green jersey to match the Lion's colors. ::)
patfirefightr-Still now downtown...maybe next update. ;) I'm glad you like the newspaper, it took a few hours to get perfect. :satisfied:
Jmouse-Well there's quite a bit of disaster in Domena Lorella's future...so sorry you don't like it. :-[
pipishere-I thought the "ON This Day" would be a nice touch...not only that, but I absolutely love writing up my alternate history so the more detail the better. :thumbsup:
Xiziz-We do get alot of snow during the winter, so it makes sense. ()stsfd()
bat-Thanks alot! ;D
thundercrack83-Don't worry about getting behind, it usually takes awhile for me to get my updates together, especially when the school year starts up. :P

...this space to be filled soon...

Emperor Stormont

Lovely update indeed, the Parliamentary Chamber looks fabulous, one of my favourite BAT's ever.

I also love the surrounding area, btw good luck with the SCJU bid, again another lovely lot.  :thumbsup:

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

Jmouse

Nice photos which underscore the city's "foreign" flavor. (I'm a native of Houston, so anything uncommon to the deep south gets labeled as "foreign!") Anyway, I like the looks of the city and will enjoy watching it develop.

Until next time...
Joan

Xiziz

Sweet update! I like how the railway digs into the ground in the middle of the city, though maby vertical walls would suit it a little better*LE hint*, it becomes so wide with those slopes :P

I see you figured out the flags too, thats great, oh, and youll have to point me to / send me those tenatments :P there missing from my folder somehow, ive never seen them grow anyway ^__^

Cheers

rooker1

Fantastic update.  The Federal Parliamentary Chamber looks very nicely placed and the surroundings fit in very well.  I like the mosaic style pics and the over all feeling.  Super work.

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

bat

M4346

Wow! The amount of work put into this is amazing! You are out-doing yourself with every update! :D

I really like the consistency of the style!

Great job, and I will be back for more! Hopefully, soon! ;) But don't neglect your civilisations! :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

pipishere

Very nice indeed. The SARF candidate building is very nice....especially with the SCJU seal outside!   ;)

Pat

Dark_Jedi that was a fantastic update and it was very good!!!!!! OK i will hold it to you for the next update to see the downtown... - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

M4346

Quote from: pipishere on August 29, 2007, 01:33:54 PM
Very nice indeed. The SARF candidate building is very nice....especially with the SCJU seal outside!   ;)

LOL! Shameless advertising Pip! :P
New Horizons Productions

Yoman

Yay pip :P

Great update DJ, indeed Id also like to know about those apartments, xiziz will tell me though. By the way, your triangle plaza in front of the parliament or whatever is off center to the left by one tile :S

M4346

I believe those are SFBT pre-fabs? Correct me if I'm wrong :)
New Horizons Productions

CarmineHilton

That is indeed some fantastic work! I really love Domena Lorella ;)
It's all so beautifull.. haha

And all those 'Fachwerkhausen' look stunning, fantastic job!!

Giorgos

Oh god.
This cj is ridiculous. I mean, it puts every other cj to shame including my own!
I really dislike you at this moment...you most certainly made me feel like crap...well done!  :thumbsup: