• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Challenge Nr 4: I was just following orders, sir...(!)

Started by turtle, May 02, 2009, 02:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turtle

My name is Thomas...

turtle

Here is what I told RustyXL to do:

Quote from: turtle on May 03, 2009, 01:27:14 PM
"Things change.
It happens around us all the time. Sometimes they change for the better, sometimes for the worse. Often you get the feeling, that everything happens without you being able to affect it. But I knew from the beginning, that this was going to be different. Looking back at what had happened the previous week, I wish that some things had happened differently. I don't like violence, and though sometimes it seems as if it's the only way, it never is. But what is done, is done, and it can't be undone. What you can do, is to change peoples perception of what happened and why, but I'm not going down that road. Not right now, anyways. People rose to stand up against the former mayor, because they wanted something different, and that is what makes this different. This is the People taking over, this is us changing the cause of history.
We will build a better relationship to our brothers and sisters in the south, but first we need to realise the promise of the revolution. I give this to you, our new mayor Tom, because we have great faith in your abilities to carry out the demands of the People, to bring us into a new century of progress and prosperity."

Strategic map

My name is Thomas...

tooheys

Mayor Turtle, I have recently surveyed the north and have some concerns that need to be fixed immediately.

First and foremost, we are worried that we have no presence around the region's only remaining road crossing at
Bordertown. We could increase patrols to stop illegal crossings, but why not just develop the north side and rely
on the eagle eyes of our separatists and their families. So we now request that you commence work on the following:

1. Green A : Build a residential area, low density only.

2. Green B : Build a residential area, a mix of low and medium density.

3. In or near the above two areas build an elementary school to provide basic education
    for our young ones.

While it is expected that areas A & B are fully built out, we have no objection to a park or two being included for
the enjoyment of our people.

4. Blue : Build a small commercial area. No highrise allowed and include a supermarket/mall (no smaller than 4 x 4)
for the people to shop for food and clothing.

5. Purple : Build a riverfront walkway and park area for the people to relax (and scan the
  river for illegals). A statue of me would be an added treat, but is not essential, just
desirable.

6. Yellow : We need to improve our supply of weapons, barbed wire and televisions.
  Please build an industrial area here. Some of the required components do come from 
  dirty industry so it is expected to see one or two chimneys spewing out smoke and other
  toxic fumes. But not too may though, we have to look out for the health of our workers.

7. Build one fire and one police station. These can be placed anywhere other than the
   residential or riverfront park areas.

8. Brown ; We have control of the power plant so no additional plants should be required.
   However if needed a small plant can be constructed here to cover any shortfall. (top right corner, it's a bit hard to see)

9. A water tower may be constructed if needed and can be placed anywhere.

10. Please ensure there is a suitable bus network to transport people between the residential and commercial/industrial areas.

And most importantly, I need somewhere to live when I'm inspecting the area:

11. Green – Secure : Build me a grand home in a secure compound.

So that's it. I've set no population targets, this is all around development. I hope I've explained things clearly enough, but please let me know if you have any questions.

Now get to work Mr Mayor.

Dave the Separatist

turtle

I shall do your bidings, master. I will start planning right away.
My name is Thomas...

jmyers2043

QuoteA statue of me would be an added treat, but is not essential, just
desirable.

Hello Turtle. This may be your lucky day. I think I've got one. Let's see ... hmmm ... let me check my gmax folder. Nope not there. Now I'm sure I have a statue of a Toohey somewhere. Just a second. Let me look in my back up folders. Eureka! I found it.

Hey Turtle. If you need a model of a Toohey send me a PM and I'll email this wonderful statue to you. Let me know the size you need. Example - size of the impressive Maxis mayors statue? smaller?

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

tooheys

Not a bad likeness Jim, but you forgot my glasses  ;D

mrbisonm

Reminder:

The time limit is in about a little over 24 hours, remember this please!

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

turtle

GRVII: Challenge Nr 4: I was just following orders, sir...(!)

These were my orders for RustyXL:
Quote from: turtle on May 03, 2009, 01:27:14 PM
"Things change.
It happens around us all the time. Sometimes they change for the better, sometimes for the worse. Often you get the feeling, that everything happens without you being able to affect it. But I knew from the beginning, that this was going to be different. Looking back at what had happened the previous week, I wish that some things had happened differently. I don't like violence, and though sometimes it seems as if it's the only way, it never is. But what is done, is done, and it can't be undone. What you can do, is to change peoples perception of what happened and why, but I'm not going down that road. Not right now, anyways. People rose to stand up against the former mayor, because they wanted something different, and that is what makes this different. This is the People taking over, this is us changing the cause of history.
We will build a better relationship to our brothers and sisters in the south, but first we need to realise the promise of the revolution. I give this to you, our new mayor Tom, because we have great faith in your abilities to carry out the demands of the People, to bring us into a new century of progress and prosperity."

Strategic map

This is how I realised your master plan, my master.
An industrial area arose to the east, focusing most of the production in electronics, big screen tv's has been the big hit lately. A couple of polluting industries grew as well to accomodate some gearing industry. I also constructed a secure site for you in the designated spot. A small force is guarding the gate.

4.1 Industrial area and secure mansion

A plaza with a statue of our great leader Tooheys was also erected. Allthough quite popular, he rarely shows himself in public, and there is some discussion about the likeness of the statue. The designer of the statue is the quite controversial artist known as jmyers2043, and the more conservative audience argues that "it's too modern". The other side argues that this just show how "bleeding edge" we are, here on the nothern side of the river. Look for yourself, and judge the resemblance:

4.2 Tooheys Memorial

As per your orders, we have build an elementary school in your name.

4.3 Toohey Memorial School

Here is the riverfront park and walkway. To the right you see our watersource, a large and very nice watertower. Across the street (Route 1) you see the main shopping center. In the top right corner you see the newly constructed police station and fire station. On the riverfront we placed some vantage points for our citizens to spot illegals from.

4.4 Park and mall

Finally, here is an overview. I hope you like how it turned out. I also gave our citizens plenty of parks and public transportation options and I followed your zoning orders.

4.5 overview

On the other side of the river, mayor turtle has been absent for some time. Rumour has it, that he has been involved in some revolution in a place called Abony.
Here is some pics from the dirtier side of the south. A recent addition is a new trash incinerator transforming the souths garbage into power! Built by Simgoober inc. The Garbage gets transported to Downland River by train.

4.6 Downland River Trash

Also some residential expansion here in Downland River. Here is the overview.

4.7 Downland River overview

Mayor turtle did build a park with a monument. It is a Cerulean Tower, from where my sims can see the north side, so they never shall forget the families and friends that got separated.

4.8 Cerulean tower

There you have it! I hope you liked it! Comments are most welcome.

Thomas
My name is Thomas...

mrbisonm

Glad you were able to finish this challenge without too many difficulties again, now did you?. We have taken notice of your pictures and your separatist demand. Thank you.

Now we will take the time again to judge it properly which may take a few days. We will have the time enough to do so since the next challenge will have  two weeks to be worked on.
You still have no right at all to touch the separatists side of the region, but you can build whatever your desire is in your half, of course with fully respecting the general Rules.
Thank you and Good luck. Lynn already started judging some days ago.

Lynn and Fred

tooheys

Thanks for that fine looking estate turtle, I should be very comfortable there (or my successor).

QuoteA plaza with a statue of our great leader Tooheys was also erected. Allthough quite popular, he rarely shows himself in public, and there is some discussion about the likeness of the statue. The designer of the statue is the quite controversial artist known as jmyers2043, and the more conservative audience argues that "it's too modern". The other side argues that this just show how "bleeding edge" we are, here on the nothern side of the river. Look for yourself, and judge the resemblance:

Very nice  :D

Dave

mrbisonm

Judgements for challenge 4.

We have been away from judgements for the summer, first because of some illness of Lynn's mother and then missing some free time, after we took an almost two month vacation, but now we're back judging. Most of these judgements were done since quite a while, but only on paper.
This challenge was a bit harder to judge than others, because orders were given by an adversary, so we will judge it so, putting ourselves in the shoes of the adversary. I must say that we also were very generous with points at this time, something that we will change a little bit for the next coming challenges. Don't worry, we won't start giving bad points now..... ;) Please go and judge my challenge 4 now. Thank you.

1.  Orders are very good and nicely presented, 5 points are added.

2.  The challenge of your neighbor was well fulfilled. We like updates like this, very detailed and well presented. The details of the seawalls (riverwalls) were especially appreciated by us. 5 points have been added.

3.  Funny, the monument is hilarious (good work jim).....lol. Very well situated close to the town and surrounded by the park, the monument challenge gave you 5 points also.

Generally very well done and one of the better updates of this challenge. 15 well earned points were added to your total. Keep it up.

Fred and Lynn