• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Vulcano Island

Started by klaascornelis, June 15, 2008, 07:11:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xxdita

Very nice work. What's the timber mill called? I'll get it to work.  ;)

Alfred.Jones

Quote from: xxdita on June 18, 2008, 06:38:01 AM
Very nice work. What's the timber mill called? I'll get it to work.  ;)

The timber mill that klaascornelis is using is the Original Slaytfork mill by Onlyplace4 found here. A revised version was made later (here)and this was modded by Barbyw to give IM jobs which is found here.

@Klascornelis, if you want the mill to give jobs I would suggest using Barbyw's modded version (you will still need the revised original for the model). This mill also allows the mill to go into maxis water, ploppable water or canals or anything your heart desires ;D

Cannot wait till the next update :thumbsup:

Sim City 4 Devotion

klaascornelis

Update 5
Environmentalists

Hi today I'm going to cover an other bad aspect of Imaginary Multinational.

Its not very clear on the map with the overviews but there is an other piece of land that's not connected to the the main infrastructure in Founder city, I mean the one on the left

Picture 19: Map of founder city

The harbor was getting pretty busy so there was a need of some control center to run everything as smooth as possible. Imaginary multinational also needed a HQ on the island to gain complete control over this land strip. So there was decided to build a bridge to this peace of land in order to create space for these things.

Picture 20: Building the bridge on the mainland.

Picture 21: After a completing the ferry construction materials could be transported to the other side.

Picture 22: control center

Picture 23: Control center and HQ

Now that the multinational have established a HQ on the Island they have much better control over the Island.
So the following events where inevitable.
I.M. was experiencing some troubles with environmentalists on the mainland. They had some pretty dirty industries very close to residential areas. To please these environmentalists they shut down these industries to the joy of the environmentalists. What these green People didn't know was that I.M. simply moved his dirty industries to Volcano city.

Picture 23: Industries starting to grow around the harbor.

These industries didn't only heavily pollute the air the produced a lot of trash. The multinational shipped tons of garbage off to be dumped in the sea. simply and cheap.

Picture 24: garbage dock

Concluding the terrible anti environmental policy of Imaginary multinational.
The arrival of these new industries mend that the workforce had to expand.

Picture 25: The first middle density  housing near the industries

And to conclude the update. The movement of the commercial area.
since the first residences on the island the function of the hotel was outdistanced and the hotel started to decay . Since the hotel was the main reason the commercial buildings flourished so well in that area they started to seek new attractive locations.
The new HQ was chosen for this and soon there was commercial development around that area.

Picture 26: Abandonment of the hotel

Picture 27: rise of a new commercial district

Thats it for the update.
As you can see the functional harbors are kicking in the seaport where the industries are located is already evolved to lvl 2 $%Grinno$% jeej!!

Comments
@ Gobo: Why Jpeg's it works just fine this way and saves me the hassle to convert every single image.
@ xxdita: i found it  on the stex Link

Edit: Thx for the useful links will give this a try right away

rhythmandjays

Hmmm....interesting updates.  :thumbsup: I'm starting to pick up on the corruption a bit more now. I wonder if the abandonment of the hotel is symbolism for the end of the good, pure government. Now we have a control center and a HQ as the tallest buildings....this is getting good. keep it up.

rooker1

klaascornelis,  you have some great updates here, but some of your pictures are pngs.  These take a long time to load for people with slower connections and are actually not aloud in the forums.  Please spend some time converting these to jpgs.  If you need any help, pleae PM me.

Robin (Moderator of this thread)

PS, please check your messages.
Call me Robin, please.

gobo77

Very good!

Can I buy a house in this city?  ;)
Sorry for my bad english....

klaascornelis

Comments

@rhythmandjays: Thx for the positivism  :P I Didn't even see the abandonment of the hotel that way but it's a nice metaphor  &apls

@Rooker: See I didn't knew that but thats all taken care off, I apologies  about slurping the precious bandwidth like that

@Gobo: You sure can just tell me where you want to live and work and I'll make a Sim for you  :P :thumbsup:

Greetings
KC

P.S Rooker i Really could use your advise on this one
Quote from: klaascornelis on June 18, 2008, 12:58:53 AM
@ Rooker: No This is the one I'm using. Now you confused me again  &Thk/( You think it cant hurt to use both, and i like to throw in the sam street side mod to.

Thank you very much, Robin

klaascornelis

Due some recently computerproblems and lack of time i will have to prospone the next updates. But i'll be back soon :P.

Greetings
KC

Simpson

Great update there very good port
Your city is looking very good
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

paroch

KC, Sorry to hear of your computer problems, I hope you get them sorted.

You've made a good start here and have picked up quite a few comments, so I am sure when you return you will continue to grow your MD.  The storyline is good and the pictures give a nice view of a new, growing city. 

Some suggestions for you when you post the next update - try turning the grid off (Ctrl-G, I think) as it will improve the pictures.  And where possible, try to eliminate the yellow pause bae. There is a mod (somewhere), but personally I just take pictures without pausing the game.

Good luck with the MD,

Paul

Earth quake

Great update. I like your city, Go on.

rooker1

klaascornelis,
You can use either one to make the sidewalks all the same colour if this is what you wanted to do.  You just have to pay close attention to the instructionswhen you install the mod.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

flame1396

Definitely above average city building. You have a lot of potential  :thumbsup:
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.