• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Map Request

Started by Colyn, January 17, 2007, 12:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmyers2043

QuoteI hope to start my BATing career sometime later this year

good for you! You will soon know our pain  :D

Drop a line if you need any help. Woananagaine is plugged into the BSC and can draw our attention to your questions if need be as I don't get to any of the help forums. Not enough time.

thanks again.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

moganite

Dont worry about whos map you pick we're all in the same group and well a sucess for one of us is also a sucess for the group and it saves you guys time having to create one. the only reason I was able to make that map was I had annother in the works that came close.

Besk you forgot MallowTheCloud could use it also but he doesnt have the time at present. we have alot of our members on hiatus at present for one reason of annother RLS computer trouble being the main ones.
That reminds me better do a couple of tutes for the colour scheme, colour tempates incorporating data from multiple sources, sizing sat images, and datasources that we often use.

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Heblem
jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ Vandy
wouanagaine

moganite

Possible final release version of unammed request map I really need a name for it ;)
Same process as before but connected river channels yes they are very shallow in places but that can be fixed. The thing is asutralian rivers are different to rivers in alot of other countries in terms of character very steep banks and narrow. The satelite data at 90 m has trouble picking them up at all.

New Horizons Productions
wouanagaine

Colyn

Thanks ... this looks like a good base for the SF Farming tests. I will obviously modify the maps a bit to create proper testing locations for us.
Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

Colyn

Just an update ... I have reworked the map slightky and have presented it to the BSC as an option for doing the Farming EP Upgrade.

I will wait for their responses. If it is accepted I will place the MAP on the LEX for you ... it will be uploaded as Wakabul BSC under your name.

Thank you ... I will certainly play this map ... even if it is just for myself.
Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

callagrafx

Well, the only crop I know is the one in photoshop, so I shall exclude myself from the Farming Project, but I had to say congrats to David (Moganite) for a great canvas with which to play on...the delta area is really nice.  I gave up mapping and joined the Dark Side but I still appreciate the time and effort that goes into it..after all, what do we place our BATs on?
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

moganite

Thanks callagrafx
If you havent noticed i do the odd BAT every now and then just no where near as good as yours
Without all of the BATers and modders our maps would look alot blander with just maxis content.
There is only one dark side TMs.

If you have a look at Dubbo you can see roughly where Wakabul boundary is.
I had  a map that was available and it was a short project compared to the Dubbo one where I was creating a water template on a area about 3.5 times the area.

New Horizons Productions
wouanagaine

Grneyes

I love that last map! I like both of them actually, but esp the last one.

Is it possible to request something real? Like Ireland? Or maybe just the city of Dublin? I know there is a Dublin map on ST but it needs a terrain mod and when I try to render, nothing happens. Also, is it possible to get a region with varied city sizes, like in SC4? Or do all the cities have to be the same size tile?

MaryBeth

P.S. Is there a possible release date on either of the two maps shown in this thread?

moganite

Wakabul has been released at ST and if requested here also with 5 mins of finding out
Wakabul was based on a real world terrain Dubbo and overlaps the Dubbo region.

you can find both Dubbo by using the search phrase mog as that is my account over there.

You can use other city tiles just make your config.bmp in your region file before importing ising SC4Mapper or SC4TF.

Most people use one size or the other as it can take alot of time to create a valid config.bmp file and it is rather subjective on the tile arangement used.
New Horizons Productions
wouanagaine

el_cozu

Can someone please make a map for the yucatan peninsula please!!!

when you have it done... please email me and send the link please!

mightygoose

i have always wanted to have a go at this as its a beautiful shaped island with lots of interesting variation.... this is the biggest greyscale i can find, i was wondering if one of you kind people could upscale it and maybe make it more sc4 compatible... i dont know how it would turn out. some artistic liscence is favourable too, maybe somewhere around the 8x4 large city tiles.... anyway thanks if anyone takes it....
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

blade2k5

@ mightygoose - Take a look at my Erewhon Isles map and see if that would work for you.  It's located on the LEX and STEX :thumbsup: and is a 6x6 lrg tile map :)

Nice work on the Wakabul Map Mogs :thumbsup:

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

rusummer1

I have a request, could you do an accurate scale Philadelphia-Wilmington Metro region.
Check out my SoundCloud https://soundcloud.com/russmass

blade2k5

I got this PM from bighead99999 a couple of days ago.  Since I've yet to learn how to convert DEM data to greyscale, I was wondering if one of our talented map-makers could tackle that part of the project when they have time to do so.  I would be able to do the rest once the data is converted to greyscale.

hi blade3k5, Dave here.

This is generally a wider request to your fellow nhp team members, and of course yourself.  I'd like to request a map of Adeilade South Australia, Australia when you have time that is.  the city would be ideal for SC4 due to its grid shape network of roads and suburbs.
it would be great to have the hills on the map to(this is really why im requesting it).  also in the zip the original gray scale image could be included for those who want to change the orientation of the map if you choose to  release it on the lex/stex. however, really due to real life and etc the image would be great on itself even if you don't have time to release it as a file etc.

please foward this onto  your nhp party if you think they are interested
thanks

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.