• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Moganites BAT works

Started by moganite, January 25, 2007, 05:02:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moganite

As some people know i have been BATting. However most of these have been simple structures.

This is a project I modeled about 3 months ago before I had computer trouble.

While I am okish at modeling and maybe textureing this is one of my first attempts at lighting a model and it took alot of frustration to get all the lights to sort of work.

This is the cooling tower that is now lit

As you can see I still have alot to learn about lights
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Heblem
jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ Vandy
wouanagaine

kwakelaar

The model is looking nice, is this a finished bat or part of something bigger?

moganite

Thank you for you coment its part of my solar power plant large version all I have to do is the building electrical lines and revisit the storage vesselsi hvae taken a dislike to the textures i used.

The project was intended to be released about the end of november /halfway through december.
New Horizons Productions
wouanagaine

Yoder7652

looks like a nice model to me...lighting doesn't look bad, I look forward to see the other compents of your power plant.

bat

moganite

Thankyou yoder and bat
Most of the structures are already BATted but the offies and circut breakers arent.

My solar panel prop will be arrayed toso that i dont have to place 200 of the buggers
But first todays BAT is now thats early in the modeling stages.

It is the offices and control room that i have been modeling at this point only 1 hr has been spent on it  and only the external walls and walkway are present. I will need to model the internal walls and some of the furniture other parts. I got the idea from  an industrial plant I worked at.

This is a work in progress.
New Horizons Productions
wouanagaine

callagrafx

Hi David,

Lighting wise, not a bad start...nightlighting is fairly subjective, some (like me) spend ages trying to get the right night effect while others just use the BAT texture, either is fine as it's all a personal preference.

One thing I would say is don't get bogged down making internal detail as most of the time the BAT angle wipes out any visibility into windows..and the game graphics engine also makes what is visible in BAT is a blur in game..unless you have glass roofs you are better off getting external details perfect.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

moganite

Thank you cal.
Hopefully I will get better doing the lighting.

Thats interesting how the BAt wipes out interals but either way I have to experiment myself but some of those rooms are going to have night lights in them. Also the smaller building at the ned of the walkway will have a bank of computer monitors just under the windows. very simple modeling there and  maybe a few night lights to make a slight blue glow.

Anyhow internals done very basic walls,  floors, roof windows  next external doors guttering downpipes air con and vents.
Images will be up later one thing i have learnt is make your windows standard sizes there are 7 different sizes of windows in this building :o I could of got away with 3.
New Horizons Productions
wouanagaine