• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Dragon Mounts Map Project by Blade2k5 & Heblem

Started by blade2k5, October 15, 2007, 08:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blade2k5

heblem and I will be joining forces and we are going to turn this hand drawn map, The Dragon Mounts into a series of SC4 maps.  This monstrous map will be done in sections of 3329x2561 in size [I'm guessing that would be 14x12 lrg tiles?], but not sure exactly how many sections there will be to complete this project. 

At this moment, Heblem is working on the grayscale that was traced of the north-west corner of the Dragon Mounts map, then scanned from onto my pc and will add in the terrain features and scales.  This entire project will most likely take a considerable amount of time, so there's no idea how soon Heblem and I completely transfer the map for SC4.  We will post periodical reports on our progress when we can.  Once he is finished with the grayscale, he will send it off to me to do my magic with wouanagaine's wonderful program SC4 TerraFormer.  So sit back and enjoy the ride as this project takes shape and progresses along.

blade2k5

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

Heblem

yeah thanks Blade, as i said in another post this week will be making maps, and of course im going to do that greyscale map thats a challenge for me  ;D

Shadow Assassin

Mmm, sounds good.

Don't forget to do a scaled-down version with the entire region on one map. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
See my uploads on the LEX!

Pat

yuppers Blade for this one im for sure gonna need your help getting this into game...  Cause dang i cant wait to get ahold of it....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Kitsune

For some reason that map looks familiar to me, but I cant put a finger on it. Where is it from?
~ NAM Team Member

Heblem

Well here is my work at the greyscale ive finished it, now this project is in hands of blade ;)
edited: image  ;D

meldolion

WOW that's a great map!!!!
how did you get from the map drawing to the grayscale?

blade2k5

Quote from: Kitsune on October 16, 2007, 02:27:16 PM
For some reason that map looks familiar to me, but I cant put a finger on it. Where is it from?

The map is something I drew up years ago and is not of any real world place, or derived from any other fantasy map.  It was drawn for use as a made-up campaign world for Dungeons & Dragons [which I still play once in a blue moon], and is roughly 2.5' x 2.5' in size, though it's not perfectly squared.

dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦

beskhu3epnm

I don't think there's ever been a more ambitious mapping project in the community. Glad to be on the same team putting forth the effort!

Looking forward to the results, from 2 of the most capable fantasy mappers ever. This is a massive project on an unheard of scale.

besk

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

blade2k5

Ok, here's what I've managed to get done so far on this first template Sample1 during a rather busy work week.  I have the next couple of days off after tonight and plan to have this template finished hopefully by tomorrow night for Heblem to work his magic on.  As you can see, I'm removing some of the rivers as there is just too many.  I had to link to the image as it is way to large to post here in the forums.