• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Rob's ghetto!!!

Started by tragicomicus1, October 27, 2008, 02:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

callagrafx

I'm not sure but I think the compatibility issues are related to Mental Ray and FG....Scanline shouldn't have any issues, as long as you don't use photometric lighting and exposure control.  Certainly worth a try  :thumbsup:
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

tragicomicus1

Well I scrapped that first BAT I posted. I was just trying to get my feet wet again so to speak. In the vein of the w2w idea though here's something I've been working on today. A seedy looking rat infested hotel.

When I am as good at texturing as Glenni and GC this sort of thing will look much better.

tragicomicus1

metarvo

This is very good. :)  It looks like something I would want to use in an inner city R-§ or C-§ area.  It does look a little run-down, but I assume that's what you were aiming for, right?

:thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

papab2000

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Visit my mapping thread: linkie
Post pic's of your NHP Mapped Regions linkie

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

tragicomicus1

QuoteIt does look a little run-down, but I assume that's what you were aiming for, right?

Indeed.....

I need to do a bit more texture work and I think I can wrap this one up. The roof access is all whacky. And I don't really like the font on the neon sign. Other than that I think it is pretty ghetto fabulous. This type of building is good for honing my texturing chops...

I'll update in a bit.....

tragicomicus1

Alrighty,
Here it is, rooms for rent by the hour. I think this would look good next to some of Goober's adult themed shops eh?

Time to render and test. That is, unless anyone has further suggestions (besides the floating roof junk that I just noticed)

tragicomicus1

Well,
I suppose NDEX is still sort of a team. I will continue to post my projects here until I hear otherwise. Here is a Lakeside Resort I have been working on in 3dsMax. Starting to figure out bump maps and other texture trick as well as sub-object modeling and texturing. Check it out

Later
Rob

RippleJet

Quote from: tragicomicus1 on December 01, 2008, 08:39:40 PM
Well,
I suppose NDEX is still sort of a team. I will continue to post my projects here until I hear otherwise.

That's the spirit, Rob! :thumbsup:

Quote from: tragicomicus1 on November 24, 2008, 10:22:56 PM
Alrighty,
Here it is, rooms for rent by the hour. I think this would look good next to some of Goober's adult themed shops eh?

I'd like to see some action in those lit-up windows in that case then... ehm... maybe not... $%Grinno$%
The nightlighting could probably be improved though. Seems like the windows are all blinded? ::)

tragicomicus1

Hey,
It's already being lotted and modded. I was ready to move on. The lights on the side didn't show as well as the ones in front. I kind of intended it that way. Theoretically it will be a w2w buiilding so it will be between two others and you won't see them anyway  &Thk/(
What? No comment on the new one?

Later
-Rob

RippleJet

Quote from: tragicomicus1 on December 02, 2008, 07:55:21 AM
What? No comment on the new one?

Sorry, Rob. Your picture showed up as a red cross for me at work today.
Now I can clearly see the Lakeside Resort!  :thumbsup:  It's :o

Too bad we won't be able to see the texture that well in the game.
Looking very good in 3dsMax though. :)

squidi

great work is going on here :thumbsup:
i love that opened door with the light going outside from your hotel.
also exelent brick on that lake house i first wanted to ask if you used bump mapping but than i first red your text ;). i think i will try that out too although i dont think you will see that in game

-paul

tragicomicus1

Quotealso exelent brick on that lake house i first wanted to ask if you used bump mapping but than i first red your text Wink. i think i will try that out too although i dont think you will see that in game

Paul-No sadly you won't be able to see it in game. But it is sure cool to look at eh?

Quotei love that opened door with the light going outside from your hotel.
Kind of creepy I think. Like "What could be going on behind that door?"

Tage-I was just giving you a hard time. I remember when they were about to release sc4 I thought it was going to be full 3d like an fps. I was a little disappointed when I realized it was constrained like it is. Oh well, Cities XL looks like it will be what I was hoping for from sc4 (maybe.... &Thk/( )

callagrafx

Quote from: tragicomicus1 on December 02, 2008, 11:22:26 AM
Oh well, Cities XL looks like it will be what I was hoping for from sc4 (maybe.... &Thk/( )

Don't bank on it, unless you know how to texture bake, create normal maps and are willing to hand over any models gratis to Monte Cristo.....
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

RippleJet

Quote from: callagrafx on December 02, 2008, 01:30:25 PM
Don't bank on it, unless you know how to texture bake, create normal maps and are willing to hand over any models gratis to Monte Cristo.....

And since I don't bat make models, I will never have anything to hand over to Monte Cristo... $%Grinno$%
I will keep modding SC4 though, as long as this site is still running and my computer is still compatible with SC4. ::)

squidi

for me the point is just that there will be no way to make bats with the actual amount of details in citiesXL. and i think computer will have to be much much faster to render simcity4 buildings in realtime. and this will take some time ;)
i only wished there would be a better quality of the fsh files

tragicomicus1

Quote from: callagrafx on December 02, 2008, 01:30:25 PM
Lee,
I was referring to the actual gameplay not the custom content creation. I realize that we won't have near as many capabilities in XL (most of us probably won't even have a computer that can run it  :'( ) But I am having so much fun with Max that I want to learn about texture baking and normal maps and anything else I can find :) If I could just figure out how to export from Max I'd be doing well.!.!
-Rob

callagrafx

Quote from: tragicomicus1 on December 02, 2008, 05:24:48 PM
If I could just figure out how to export from Max I'd be doing well.!.!

File > Export   :D :D :D

sorry, couldn't resist

squidi

did you mean export to sc4model?