• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

beskhu3epnm's Mapping Projects

Started by beskhu3epnm, December 15, 2006, 01:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beskhu3epnm

This thread is basically a preview for some of my projects, some of which are actually completed. I would like to thank my teammates at New Horizons Productions for giving me the inspiration, and the need to make these kind of maps.

Kinbasket Lake, north of Golden, BC, Canada. jplumbley has already accepted the large task of modifying this beauty. I changed some tiles, but not all of them, as I just DON'T FEEL LIKE IT! Anyways, this one is likely a future upload.

Next:

This disaster is pure fantasy. Apparently, blade2k5 says it is a Minocqua Lakes (Wisconsin) template, which I later butchered by placing Mount Assiniboine (Alberta, BC) in the lower left corner, followed by an exaggerated Arizona Crater in the top center. This map is clearly out of this world. It is not nearly complete, and will take a great SC4TF user to complete it properly (I'm thinking wouanagaine!!). Anyways, this map is kinda a disaster to look at, but textured with the painted desert mod, it looks fabulous!

NEXT:

Well this map is already completed, however I thought it would be neat to showcase it to members of this site that have never seen it before. I've gotten a ton of positive feedback from this map, and apparently it was the map that went ahead and landed me a trixie (from what I'm told, anyways!!).

NEXT:

Mount Robson, West of Jasper on the Yellowhead highway. This monster is the king of the Rockies. I wouldn't upload this map (unless someone thinks I should...). It is 1025x1025, and I will more likely be dropping Mt Robson on a map that I edit for someone on SC4TF. This looks extremely accurate, especially on SC4TF using the 3D viewer function. It looks exactly like the pictures I have!!

Last, but not least:

The Columbia River Valley south of Golden BC. I have sent this off to jplumbley awhile back for modification of the valley floor, and have been blown away by the results so far. He definitely takes his time. We actually have a City Journal at ST dedicated to the modification of the map, and a showcase of some great comparison shots. I will post some of these shots on one of my next posts!

I have tons of maps on the STEX at ST now. I would like to share them with this portion of the community (most members here are from ST anyways..). Interestingly enough, I have some great projects coming down the pipe:

Grand Teton National Park /w Jackson Wyoming
Zermatt Switzerland (Including the Swiss Matterhorn)
Banff National Park
The Princiapality of Andorra (Rayden knows this one)

These projects are primarily done, and I am waiting for the correct time to upload them.

I hope you guys enjoy this post!

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

TheTeaCat

wow

I spilled my Tea.
picks cup back up off floor, gets cloth to mop up my spilt tea :'(

I was that amazed by your pics.     &apls &apls

Its not often that I let good tea go to waste but on this occasion well..

Putting the kettle on       want one?

:satisfied:
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

jeronij

beskhu3epnm, amigo, I never seen these pictures before  ??? . Simply amazing  :thumbsup:. Specially the third picture. The big mountain. I just cant imagine how long would it take to build that map (planting trees mostly).

Great showcase. Indeed  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Alfred.Jones

Stunning maps Beskhu3epnm. You are very skilled! Looking forward to more :thumbsup:

Sim City 4 Devotion

Rayden

Great maps mate, after the one you made for me, the fourth one on this thread is my favourite. If you wish, you can show a preview of the one you gave me, as I can already announce here, that next month, when I am in holidays, and just after I come back from my snowtrip to the exactly same region (Andorra, Pirinees), I'll be moving my Els Pirineus CJ from ST to here, and introducing your map on that thread. It will be like an updated region from my small map to your massive one ;)
I will also need, if you still have, the exact coordinates of that map, so I can lay down the roads exactly where they are in RL.
I'll be enjoying this thread a lot, I love maps, specially yours ;)

beskhu3epnm

Rayden,

It's usually comments like these that will keep me sticking around for a good while!! Happy to be of service to my community (here and elsewhere)!!

Andorra will be released after your CJ has debuted, (probably a good while after it has debuted). I know it will be a hit, as I have now checked out some photos of the area - incredible views abound.... I can't believe it. I feel as though I should travel there one day.

I will provide some screenshots of the map, as well as some 3D shots using the terraformer. Unfortunately, my hardware problem will not be rectified until a little later next week (sigh).

I get a feeling that you have some sort of attachment to Andorra. I find this similar to the way I have an attachment to my vacation area, The Columbia River Valley (Invermere Valley). I know the importance of accuracy, that's for sure. I have trouble deciding on how to release the map. Thanks to jplumbley, it got a little easier.

As for the co-ordinate points, I may have a problem. That data was stored on the terragen file that I made during the process of creating that map. That file has since been lost due to my hardware malfunction. I can always attempt a re-make of the map, if you would like these co-ordinates, as I still have the DEM data. I can even provide you a grid out of WGS84 - no problem.

New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

metasmurf

bat

Rayden

@beskhu3epnm - That would be just great.

BarbyW

A question for you please. BSC have started a new "Let's all play the same map" and the map picked was your original Mount Robson map which has now gone from the STEX. Colyn did a modified version which he uploaded to the BSC site. As your original is no longer available, may BSC upload the modified one here for anyone else who wishes to join in in? This is a Region Census image of the region as I have modified it further.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

wouanagaine

Besk orignal map is still on STEX, it is here : http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=17182. But we all have modifed it :)

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

BarbyW

That map is not the same as it is smaller in area and why I ask if we can post the modified one. The one modified by Colyn is the same size as the original but the terrain was lowered somewhat.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

beskhu3epnm

Hello Barby,

For sure you can use my map in this project, and upload it accordingly. I would much rather keep the original for the STEX (which is active - wouanagaine has the link above).

At this stage, the map is different enough than mine to warrant your own release. The terrain has been lowered to accomodate sea level, and it has been compressed so that Mt. Robson is a shadow of it's former self!!

Where it remains similar is the section of map where it was taken from, and the data used to create it. At that stage, it was still created by me.

Just post a credit that the original map was designed and uploaded by me, and that the BSC version is a modification (improvement?!?) on that map. That is all that I ask!

I'm going to check out your thread now. It is a very very good idea,

beskhu3epnm

Alek King of SC4

pvarcoe

The best maps out there, imo.

I have used several of beskhu3epnm's maps and love the results.
I'm currently working on the Teton map, planting trees and plopping water.
Maybe, it will turn into a journal. I'm hoping so, if I can get the ploppable water looking decent.

TheTeaCat

Stunning maps stunning what more can I say :thumbsup:
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

beskhu3epnm

Kind of cool to have a thread with my name on it. Might as well take advantage of it. These are comparison shots of maps that I have done that are already on the STEX, but I can't help sharing these here! Other NHP members will have seen these before, (no big deal for them, I suppose). Anyways:

I had an image where wouanagaine isolated the climber from the Howser Tower and placed it on the SC4TF comparison shot. Unfortunately, it is lost, but it was pretty funny.

This 16bit mapping stuff is pretty cool. I never imagined it was possible until lately....

You guys don't have to reply to this if you don't want to, I'm just finding things to post... no sweat!

Rayden

Incredibly look a like. You don't cease to amazing me ;)

bat

Alek King of SC4

i can't believe how accurate the terrain representation is on these, your trixie was well deserved, these maps with the SC4TF have changed the game.