• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Candidacy Downunder.

Started by joelyboy911, November 09, 2009, 10:38:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joelyboy911

Wanna Join?

TD is, today at it's birth, a small team consisting just 3 4 5 members. However, we don't want it that way.

If you are a skilled BATter, have an eye for lot editing, are a keen mapper, or know all about modding, and want to join a team to make things in the Australian and New Zealand genre, then please write a post here, outlining what project(s) you plan to undertake.We will definitely consider you for membersip if you're starting out as a creator. Feel free to put your name down, and say some ideas you have. However, we don't want non-contributing team members.

Even if you're already in a team, here at SC4D or elsewhere, (and you think it would be appropriate to come here to show relevant creations) there is a place for you in the
Team Downunder.

We are also thinking of inviting some members ourselves... but don't wait for us to call you. Make the first move yourself.

SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

adroman

I agree, if you don't want to show yourself on this board, PM one of us... we won't bite, (speaking for myself here  :P)...

But seriously guys, if you've got talent with Custom Content Creation and a flair for the Down under Style, we'd love to have you.

Havva good one,
Adrian.
737s, Air Force, Australia... what next?

KoV Liberty

Do you have to be from Australia or NZ? I would like to join but I got work with the SCAG team. Is that okay as well?

I think you sort of do have to be from Australia or New Zealand, (that sort of is the point of the team) or prove that you are creating relevant custom content. I'm sorry to say that we won't be accepting you as a member at the moment, but feel free to appy a bit later on, when you can show some stuff from AU/NZ. You're doing some very nice stuff in SCAG, perhaps just focus on that for the time being.
Please understand, it's nothing personal -  Joel 

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

thingfishs

hey guys, hello again adroman,
I just wanted to say good on yas, nothing beats having familiar businesses/objects/maps etc. Though I am only about a week into learning how to BAT I am excited by the progress I have made so far and am certainly going to be continuing. About half of my ideas list at this point revolves around Australian things, although the great deadwoods and dale (I forget if that was his username, but that's the folder they're in) amongst others have created some excellent Australian businesses and residentials, there's so many more that could be contributed. As far as joining the group goes, I'm keen (though I don't quite know what it means; I definitely want to be able to keep following my nose with all this, and I don't intend for ALL my projects to be Australian) I will be starting a lex candidacy on my first project which is a lesser known Australian business, the family winery from Mclaren Vale in SA. hooroo ;)

joelyboy911

Hey thingfishs, I agree with you about how nice it is to have the familiar things in the game. If you were to join the team, we wouldn't expect you to devote yourself to it all of the time, hell, I'm probably still more involved with SCAG than here. You would be welcome to continue BATting whatever you like, showing your Aussie stuff here.

You're right about the fact that there are some really nice things already out, and one of the things I want to do in the team is to compile a list of them.

For the time being, your application is under consideration. When we see some progress from your winery, we will pass further judgement. You sound keen, so show some stick-to-it-iveness and there is a good chance you will be in the team before long. Perhaps I can recommend you to start a thread in BAT projects, if you haven't already, and there we can see your work. Good luck!
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

KoV Liberty

Quote from: Driftmaster07 on November 09, 2009, 06:45:31 PM
I think you sort of do have to be from Australia or New Zealand, (that sort of is the point of the team) or prove that you are creating relevant custom content. I'm sorry to say that we won't be accepting you as a member at the moment, but feel free to appy a bit later on, when you can show some stuff from AU/NZ. You're doing some very nice stuff in SCAG, perhaps just focus on that for the time being.
Please understand, it's nothing personal -  Joel 

K. ;)

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

thingfishs

cheers joelyboy,
the winery is still pretty rough at this point but it's been a short journey, and it looks a lot better than it did yesterday. If this trend continues.... BAT projects thread, okay that sounds right, I wasn't sure at what point one considers their work eligible for candidacy. So a lex candidacy candidacy it is!

adroman

Thingfishs...
We really just want to see how you're going, if you start a BAT thread, and if you get accepted, you can just move all of your stuff over here  ;)
I'm pretty sure if you show us some progress shots, we'll let you in... (Man, I feel like a Nightclub bouncer!)
I'm sure you'll be hearing from one of us in the future...  :thumbsup:

Havva good one,
Adrian.

thingfishs

:D that's funny
slight misunderstanding, I was intending to start a lex candidacy anyway but was confused as to which was the proper place. (in fact I asked hooha this very question earlier today as I had noticed he had his parking lots as a project page and his mayor mode stuff as a candidacy) Then joelyboy made his comment and it seemed to answer my question (and kill two birds with one stone). Also I couldn't help but see the humour in there being another level between me and the lex. (btw you're far too nice, and coherent, to be a bouncer)

Edit: Yes, as I said, just open a BAT Projects thread and show us some progress, (that's how I got into the SCAG) then bippity-bobidy-boo we'll let you in... By the way, flattery works excellently here :P
Adrian.

adroman

Welcome to our newest team member, thingfishs:thumbsup:

Remember, if you want to join up, just post here.

Havva good one,
Adrian.

Diggis

Hey guys, great idea.  I'd join, but I have enough on my plate with NAM, NUTs and BSC.  In saying that, if you need any help, I'm here for you.  And can I just say, love the team banner.

joelyboy911

Thanks Shaun.  :) Hope you'll stop by and take a look at what we're up to, and be a good critic. None of us are really skilled BATters yet, so we could well need some advice.

Are you sure you don't want to join? Its 3-1 Australians lead...  :D
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Diggis

Quote from: joelyboy911 on November 13, 2009, 02:01:05 AM
Thanks Shaun.  :) Hope you'll stop by and take a look at what we're up to, and be a good critic. None of us are really skilled BATters yet, so we could well need some advice.

Are you sure you don't want to join? Its 3-1 Australians lead...  :D

Quality over quantity mate.  1 kiwi beats 3 Aussies any day.

adroman

Ohh reeeaallllyyyy? &sly
::)

Great to have you around Shaun!

Havva good one,
Adrian.

ophiuchus14

Hey, I would like to be a member of TD, but I would like to learn how to create and BAT models first. It would quite frankly be awesome to have the ability.

BTW, I'm born in New Zealand (the South Island)  but currently live in Western Australia. I have maps of Wellington and Mandurah on my current game.
I am the ANDYMAN

raynerlim36

Hi :)

Just to let you know, I'm not from Australia or New Zealand (I'm in Singapore now) but I've stayed in Perth for about a year.

So I'm interested in creating AUS/NZ road textures if you need them.
Yeah, I know this is like my second post and you won't accept my membership now but draw me a rough sketch (road markings and colour) of streets/roads in AUS/NZ and I'll have the straights ready in a day, then you can see whether you like them or not.
Or would you like a freeway texture? ;)
I'm attaching a picture of a street texture I created, just to let you see my quality of work ;).

So yeah, if you want road textures I can provide them :D.
And yeah, no worries if you don't accept me.

Rayner
Rayner

thingfishs

Wow, thanks for your generous offer Rayner :thumbsup:

More appropriate forms of/greater diversity in road textures is always desired - and I have no doubt I can speak on my teammates behalf when I say we'd love to see what you might come up with.

Personally, whether you do roads or highways, I'd love to see the white shoulder lines like in this photo:

raynerlim36

Thanks!  ;D

I think I'll show you a RHW-2 texture, but with dashed lines instead of double solid lines, because that's already available in Maarten's Euro TRM for RHW.  ;)
I'll post again when I'm done.
For now, I'll have to Google Street View some NZ (That's New Zealand, isn't it? Somewhere near Auckland I think, because that last time I went there, that was the only motorway) highways and see the common road markings and how dirty the asphalt is, etc.  :P
Anyway, the picture I posted was a texture for a Singapore street. ;)
Rayner

thingfishs

Yeah dashed lines would be better; I was just using that photo to reference the shoulder lines. Yep NZ stands for New Zealand. Your texture looks great and it would be great to see some Australian versions.  :)

adroman

Hello raynerlim36  ;D

It's coincidental you should offer road textures, another of our members is doing a SAM set of Australian streets  :thumbsup:

They look good so far, but as thingfishs said, it'd be great to get some Australian and New Zealand textures.

I'll let you know shortly on the team's decision on your membership.  :thumbsup:

Thanks for your interest,
Adrian.