• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BigBerta - Officially dead :(

Started by bigberta, November 22, 2007, 01:21:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

warconstruct

very nice your city! with a good European air, your city breathes and is to do up in details!

&apls &apls  :thumbsup:
Province of Acadia since 2020
Province of Zillerthal (2014)
Port Aux Captes (2009-2011)
Province of Trieste (2006-2010)
Since SC4D 2007-2022

Jmouse

Good update, bigberta, but photo #3 stands out for some reason. I can't explain why, but I just like it! :)

Until next time...
Joan

suplado!

amazing pics...really like the bats used...very realistic and the color effects is really cool!!

bokrif

Really good job! I like the lots that you used. The walkways are nicely laid out. The w2w blocks are also well done.
But I can't see any traffic.

Badsim

Hi BigBerta ,

I'm watching eagerly this MD since the beginning , your suburbs are a model of european ones and a model of ... what I hope to do myself one day . Many pictures saved in my personal album . Congratulations ... and thank you for the inspiration . Like ejc said ; I'm definately gonna follow this MD .

:thumbsup:   &apls &apls

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

bigberta

Hi all!

I hope you've all had a great time during the holiday season. I have been visiting my parents and just got home yesterday. I haven't been able to play the game during that time, it's been really hectic. I plan to pick up the game in the following days, but until then I'd just like to reply to all your great comments.

Replies:
sebes - Thank you very much. The suburbs were actually created using some of the suburbs in my home city as reference.
like this area called Tybble, not far from where I live:

Xiziz - Man tackar :) Kan inte annat än hålla med om tågstationen.
-translated- Thank you (kind of :)) I have to agree about the train station.

warconstruct - Thank you sir.

Jmouse - Thanks. My favorite is the last picture :)

suplado! - Thank you, and may I just say that I'm a big fan of your work as well.

BoKriF - Thanks. I know that there is a lack of traffic. I'm working on it.

Badsim - Thank you, very kind words. It's an honor to be an inspiration to someone whose work you admire.

Thats it. I will try to update soon, I don't want to disappoint you :) See you soon.

Mulefisk

Thank god for virtual earth, huh? Where would we be without it?:P

Looking forward to your next update. :thumbsup:

kimcar

Well i`m new on your MD and i`m enjoyed to came here. Very nice work you have done . I really like how you structure your city and layout.Your definately are a good builder.  &apls &apls Looking forward

thundercrack83

Excellent work here, as always, my friend! I'll be looking forward to seeing what you have on the table for us next!

calibanX

Your work is fantastic BigBerta. I love your attention to detail. You've photoshopped the color it seems also. I love the effect.

Keep up the great work!
Where City and Country Flow Together

nova vesfalo

:thumbsup: , amazing details on the bridge (little stairs to the pedestriant path ...) Wow ! and the bunch of custum BAT you've choose make a whole urban asthmospher !! Amazing !

tcx

this is the definition of BEAUTIFUL!!
&apls &apls &apls
Love every pic, awesome.

bigberta

First of all I'd like to thank everyone who has ever viewed or commented my MD. I know some people were hoping for an update soon,  but, alas, it brings me great sadness to announce the official death of this MD...
The reason for this is that I recently moved away from the hell that is windows and made the transition to linux instead. Now this obviolusy presents a problem since I can't play Simcity in linux. Well actually I can using Wine or Cedega, but if I add any plugins at all, the game wont start. And it can only be run in software mode, and where's the fun in that?  :)

So until I can run simcity in linux, with plugins, or I get a mac :), there will not be any new MDs from me.

So, thanks to everone again, I hope to be able to pick up the game again soon.
Love Gustaf

kimcar

Feel very sorry for you , but i hope you came back shortly  ;)

Jmouse

Sorry to hear the bad news, Gustaf. Why not post this in one of the support forums - maybe here and at ST - and see if there are others who have had this problem and solved it.

Until next time...
Joan

squidi

hi big berta
i had the same problems with linux and with my old ati graphic card i was also only be able to play in software mode but its possible to get hardware support with nvidia.
now i changed back to windows  :)
i hope you can solve your problem
your pictures are nearly photorealistic and i love the residantial areas
good luck,
paul

JoeST

I have a "solution" of sorts.... its a bit extreme, but if you get Virtual Box or a similar Emulator you can run real Windows on it... bit naff considering you just escaped it, but it works for things like SimCity and office things...

also have you tried running it in OpenGL? you might be able to get these drivers

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

bigberta

Quote from: squidi on February 19, 2008, 10:13:14 AM
hi big berta
i had the same problems with linux and with my old ati graphic card i was also only be able to play in software mode but its possible to get hardware support with nvidia.
now i changed back to windows  :)
i hope you can solve your problem
your pictures are nearly photorealistic and i love the residantial areas
good luck,
paul

Thanks for the kind words. I have an ATI-card. I also heard somewhere that it should be possible to get hardware mode working using a card from Nvidia. But the hardware mode isn't really my biggest problem. I would play it in software mode if I could only load all my plugins. The only thing I'd have to live with if I ran in it software mode would be slightly undetailed shadows. But right now, I can only load a few plugins, too many and it wont start.
I guess I'll just have to wait until they improve the wine-engine.
Or dual-boot with windows, but that really is a last resort...

Quote from: star.torturer on February 19, 2008, 10:17:54 AM
I have a "solution" of sorts.... its a bit extreme, but if you get Virtual Box or a similar Emulator you can run real Windows on it... bit naff considering you just escaped it, but it works for things like SimCity and office things...

also have you tried running it in OpenGL? you might be able to get these drivers

Joe
Thanks for the tip, strange how I never thought of that :). That would probably work, but I still wouldn't be able to get hardware mode working, since VirtualBox doesn't give the guest OS access to the actual hardware. Well not yet anyway. But, it's definitely something I'll have to try. I might get the plugins to work.
I tried to run in Opengl mode, but it's really not playable.

sebes

Quote from: bigberta on February 19, 2008, 01:46:58 AM
it brings me great sadness to announce the official death of this MD...
(...)
there will not be any new MDs from me

That is very sad. I loved your pictures - each and every one of them... Hope one of the above tips will help you in being able to game again.

If not: I did not play myself for almost a year now  ()sad()  But thanks to this site you can still feel connected with the game as if your are playing it yourself. Hopefully I will be playing myself again soon and can only hope the same will be the case for you Gustaf.

Greetz from Amsterdam,
Sebes
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

thundercrack83

Sorry to hear of your troubles, bigberta. I'll move your MD to the Inactive section for now, but if you get things up and running, just send me a PM and we'll get it back into the Active forums.

Good luck, my friend!

Dustin