• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Atlantis

Started by skullzao, January 29, 2009, 11:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullzao

Hello everybody,

Here is my first post even if I have been reading the forums for a while.

Hope you guys enjoy it, I tried to go for a american style city with lots of suburbs, learned a lot from it and I`m in the process of starting a new one.

But I`m having problems with getting skyscrapers, you can look for the main downtown area that I dont have many of the best ones, being trying hard but not even residetal high density building are coming up anymore and I would look for the downtown to go up especially commercial.

If anybody can help or need any more pictures with more information let me know and I ll post, thanks in advance =)

enjoy.

jigsaw

i like it, it look real. keep up the good work &apls
insert signature here

Sciurus

Yeah...nice, but take away the scale ;)
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Battlecat

Nice looking area!  I'm looking forward to seeing it get bigger!

It's been a while since I've developed a city as large as you have there but here are a few possible problems you may have hit:

First, the largest towers will only develop if you hit a critical mass of population region wide.  Keep in mind that this critical population is idependant for all three wealth levels.  In other words, you can get low wealth skyscrapers without getting the high wealth skyscrapers.  I think you're getting closeEven once you hit the minimum threshold, you'll only have a 5% chance of getting one of the large buildings.  That chance goes up as your region continues to grow. 

Secondly, on a given map there are residential population caps.  Basically it is the upper limit to the population of a given job type on a given map when all other factors are left out.  To relieve the residential population caps, build parks and other recreational services. Neighbour connections, particularly airports will provide a similar effect to commercial and industrial development. 

Third, I think the largest towers are 4x4 or 5x5 in size so make sure you have blocks of high density commercial

I'm sure there are other factors, but that's all I can think of off off the top of my head.  You'll most likely get residential towers before you get commercial towers.  My initial recommendation if you're shooting for towers would be to continue pushing the medium density residential outwards from your core to build up demand for commerical. 

Good luck!