• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

MAP Request: Welcome to my Sardine Can

Started by DMG-42, October 06, 2010, 04:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMG-42

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is Pentricial, it's a lovely little hobby of mine to see how many people I can cram into an area and still have them all live. However, there is a tiny problem, I'm running out of room. In fact I'm totally out of room.

I want to just keep building on this region and not start a new one, so this is the help I need. I could use somebody to create just a simple expansion of this map, I could use it to be fairly large.
The region is based on Map 53 by blade2k5 with a custom division scheme of all large tiles. The only things I need are a larger version of the map, with large tiles. I should be able to just overlay the existing region on top of the new map
and have it look like it continues logically. I'd really appreciate any help you guys could provide.

Link to the current map:
http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=16508

blade2k5

:o 223M Sims ()what()  Wow!  Amazing.

It would be extremely difficult to extend this map beyond it's borders because once I saved the grayscale and reopened it, the varying shades blended together making it nearly impossible to differentiate the separate shades of gray.  If I increase its size [stretching it out], you won't get the same detail you have now.  I can understand why you would want this map made larger though.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

Lowkee33

You could make the config.bmp larger and then terraform the new tiles as you want.  You could also make a new region and then import the cities one at a time to it.  Definitely need to back up first.

DMG-42

I didn't even think about the shades. I don't need the existing map stretched out I just need something that kinda looks like a continuation of the map. It doesn't have to be detailed or anything just simple/quick stuff. I do alot of terraforming by hand but when I try to do it from scratch things look obnoxiously bad (i.e HI WELCOME TO MOUNTAINS). I'd be willing to compensate you if it would be difficult.