• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

VDK Tranports Inc.

Started by vester, January 19, 2012, 09:24:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vester

Time for doing the installer:

deora

Woah, those are real beauties.
Too bad i now have to decide between these and your oreviously released set.
Say, is there a way to make a ferry spawner?
I mean there are already spawbers for road traffic and also for most boats/ships but not for ferries.
I ask because ferries don't seem to be the favoured public transportation for my sims.

vester

Quote from: deora on November 03, 2014, 12:07:01 PM
Too bad i now have to decide between these and your oreviously released set.

Who told you had to choice between the two ?
You can use additional (add) mods from both packages together, but still just one replacement mod (rep)

Spawners ? That is not something I know anything about.

What I do ? I set a side, small villages where the sime doesn't have any other option than take the ferry  >:D

The installer almost done, checking, rechecking, check, rechecking

....rechecking....

vester

deora

OMG vester, you are a genious. &apls
It's good to know that i can have both models ingame.Maybe i thought that the replacement fike  carries all the mayor information for the mod and is mandatory.

Well, now i only have to see how i can trick my New York Sims into using the ferry more odten instead of the subway...

noahclem

Awesome work on the new ones Arne  &apls

Ferry-spawning lots would be awesome to have ferries are strange beasts and I suspect that even if someone were to make one it would have trouble working without an existing ferry route. Maybe if a marina boat was replaced with a ferry model lots that spawn marina automata would then spawn ferries that would wander aimlessly  ::)

If you're looking for a new project  ;D http://www.economist.com/news/science-and-technology/21629224-ground-effect-vehicles-are-clever-idea-whose-time-has-never-comeso-far-phoenix

deora

@ noaclem: Wow,what a freaky crazy looking construction.
As for the ferry spawner and routes....maybe there would be a way to plopp down some kind of invisible "Route" the spawned ferry follows or just a mod that makes the Sims to choose ferries more without moaning about long commuting times.But this might maybe cause a commuting chaos ball of doom and the game explodes....I don`t even have the teensie tinyest idea of SC 4 modding (it`s all Rocketscience for me),so sorry for my weird thinking.

romualdillo

There are a lot of novelties here!!! You're doing a great job!!  &apls  The Torino or the Altino would be a great addition to the game (and they match perfectly my plans  $%Grinno$%)

vester

Think it was Ripptide that did a boat spawning lot. Marina of a sort.
Have to have a look......

Almost done with the base for the skins now:

[Click to enlarge]

A few bumps that needs to be ironed out.
All the railing and the two holes on the lower deck walls just in front of the chimneys are done with alpha channel in the texture.

vester

Started to play around with colors:

deora

Beautiful as always dude.And Staten Island Ferry-Livery  :thumbsup: &apls
Love the newest pictures,i`m sure this one will be a beauty when it`s done.

vester

TY deora.

Been working a little on the small car ferry:

noahclem

That bigger boat is really exciting! Love how the car ferry is progressing as well  &apls

vester

Almost done with the model itself.
Some of its is going to be render onto low poly planes.
Then there is all the railing which is going to be done with alphas.

deora

The big ferry gets better and better every time.Love the very detailed antenna / Radar Unit.
I`m just wondering a little thing:since the MAXIS Car Ferry has some Car Props on it,i wonder if you are also placing some cars on it.I wonder if there is a way to randomize them....

vester

Have an offer from Rivit to help with the car part.
That is a bit of technique that I am not sure I would be able to get my head around.

My plan with all the roft junk, is to render a lot of it to the textures on to a lower poly models.
Bringing it down from 4744 triangles / 2502 verts to maybe 18 triangles / 24 verts.

Here is a picture of the RL ferry with two predecessors:

Found this pictures that shows how long (or should it be short) the route is:

That is the other ferry landing you see on the other side of the water.

vester

Someone want to use my ferries as props. You could have a look at this file:
Have a look at this file: Ships at Anchor 2 by SimGoober

You will need to do you own lot or modify one of the lot to your liking.
The file SG_Props_MaxisWatercraft.dat is where the automata mods are made into props.

vester

Slow but steady progress been done:

Now to the railing along the stairs. A bit harder than the other due to the sloping.

EDIT: Updated the pictures. Added a ambient occlusion map set to 50 procent to the diffuse map.

vester

Been working a little on the Venice Motonave / Motorship:

That odd shadow (not the circular) on the chimneys is coming from the Milkshape's shading.
Its gone at some angles. :D

I have just rearrange some of the UVs a little again, for the last time I have.

vester

Someone request some safety equipment