• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedgren

Took Tristen out for an Alaskan ride this afternoon.

Our local animal shelter was having a benefit and giving, in exchange for a donation, sled dog rides.

It's about 18 below (F - about -28 C) here, so the rides were short and brisk.

That was taken at about 2:00 p.m. AST.  You can see that the sun is already setting by the shadows.  We are gaining, though, about four minutes of daylight each day.

Why walk when you can ride?

The dogs seemed to enjoy the whole thing tremendously.  I know we did.

Back home for hot cocoa and, while Tristen and mom work on assembling the Millenium Falcon out of several thousand Lego pieces, I'm going to finish up some switches.

Back in a while.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Ryan B.

Wow.  What a surprise to see my avatar as part of a guessing game.  It doesn't feel that long ago that we started here at SC4D.

Jmouse

Quote from: dedgren on January 14, 2012, 04:35:47 PM
Took Tristen out for an Alaskan ride this afternoon.

Wow! How much fun is that! Hitch the dogs back up - I'll be there in the morning. :D

dedgren

Couple of TTR Switches to celebrate SC4's 9th birthday.

More to come tonight.  We'll hit 900,000 page views tomorrow and kick off the "Predict A Million Views" contest.

UPDATE:  Told you.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

mike3775

Shadow Assassin

The FA3 switch looks surprisingly compact, I was expecting it to be larger :P

Anyway, I'm looking forward to trying out the new RAM stuff soon :)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Will12

Depending on when you guys want (I'm on vacation untill the 27th jan) I'm happy to do some beta testing for ya!

calibanX

I love the dogsled. I'm envious. We don't have any snow yet here in Minnesota.

Where City and Country Flow Together

dedgren

Year 10 starts for SC4.

I think it will be a big one.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

catty

...sled dog rides...Back home for hot cocoa..

I want snow   :'(

the TTR switches are looking great   ()stsfd()
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

mike3775

Quote from: catty on January 15, 2012, 01:28:00 AM
...sled dog rides...Back home for hot cocoa..

I want snow   :'(

the TTR switches are looking great   ()stsfd()

I finally got some snow, but only 4 inches of the 10 inches predicted and it was a powdery snow, thus no fun in the snow for me(like snowmobiling, snow ball fights, making snow forts), plus its going to be above freezing all next week so it will be gone by this time next week  :(

Things are definitely looking great for the next year of SC4 for sure, especially if things keep up at the pace they have in this thread

JoeST

Quote from: dedgren on January 15, 2012, 01:01:47 AM
Year 10 starts for SC4. I think it will be a big one.
With you still in the game, its sure to be massive.

EDIT:  It's all the better, Joe, knowing that you and all the other long-timers here are still into this with me almost six years down the road. -de
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

noahclem

SC4's 10th year should be an exciting one indeed! And though I'm beginning to feel like a broken record, I'll again say great TTR work  &apls

I actually went on my first dog-sled ride a couple weeks ago when I had family visiting--fun stuff! You're very fortunate for finding a "free" ride as we had to pay 50 euros a person (~$70), which was 33% of of normal price!

And I can certainly can identify with those short winter days! We've already added more than an hour to our days after a low of ~3.5hrs--and it's only 4 months until darkness takes its summer break  &dance  I enjoy keeping track of it on this website: http://www.gaisma.com/en/location/taivalkoski.html

Take care!

EDIT:  Noah, thanks for the link!  I compared Taivalkoski, Finland, which is where I presume you live in or near...

...with my hometown of Wasilla.

Man!  You are way up north!  About an hour and a half less daylight than we have, but at least you are gaining seven minutes a day to our four.  Stay warm, my friend.  Only a few more months to the midnight sun
. -de

FrankU

........lurk...... :-X

EDIT:  Heh!  Shame on you, Frank.  Really, though- have a great weekend- I know you are never far from 3RR. -de

Gaston

Bet ya'll thought I was gone forever.   Nope.   I'm still here.     :satisfied:

EDIT:  Al!!  You've pretty much made my year. -de
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Tarkus

It is actually snowing right now in Western Oregon.  Been going for about an hour.  Not sure it'll really stick, though.

Those switches are looking amazing as always, David!  They actually inspired me to pick up a little something NWM-related I've been meaning to do for awhile (for which I'll hopefully have some in-game results to show shortly).

And Gaston, good to see you around! :thumbsup:

-Alex

metarvo

The best way I can think of to celebrate this milestone is to play the game and enjoy the community.  I'm sure the TTR is going to be as beneficial of an addition to the game as STR was back in the day.  I'm already planning railyards, and I'm sure some others in the community will be too.

Quote from: catty on January 15, 2012, 01:28:00 AM
I want snow

I know what you mean.  It seems like David up there in Alaska took all of the winter weather this year, from what I've heard.  Coats and snow shovels aren't selling well here in the lower 48, but BBQ grills are showing some promise.

Quote from: noahclem on January 15, 2012, 09:40:41 AM
And I can certainly can identify with those short winter days! We've already added more than an hour to our days after a low of ~3.5hrs--and it's only 4 months until darkness takes its summer break

I guess this is one thing I can be thankful for here in the contiguous U.S.  I wouldn't want it to be dark all the time in the winter, but I really don't want it to be light all the time in the summer either.  Here, I get a more rounded mix of both (although there's still too much sunlight in the hot summer for me  ::) ).
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

dedgren

Roll on, 3RR odometer, roll on!

Just before two this afternoon (Alaska Standard Time), the odometer was just about to have 900,000 page views click into place.

The thread was quiet, with just me and one of you anonymous types on.

A minute or so later...

It turned out to be the site's member Sunset_baby lurking.

My evocatively named friend, please come out and formally join us.  It would be great to count you among the 3RR Regulars*.

So, that leaves us less than 100,000 views away from the million mark.  How long will it take us to get there?  Some perspective coming up, along with today's work on the TTR, in an update to this post later this afternoon.  Thanks for checking back by.

UPDATE:  The first of today's TTR work.

More to come.

UPDATE2:  Told ya.

I'll knock another one off tonight yet.

UPDATE3:  Last one before bed.

Later, folks.

Al (Gaston), you have been sorely missed, both here and on SC4D.  Welcome back, my great friend!

David

* Sunset_baby, along with anyone else, could be a 3RR Regular by making at least one post here at SC4D.  Please feel free to join the hundreds of folks who have done that over the past five plus years.  Thanks in advance!

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

mike3775

David, I don't know whether to pity you or what about living in Wasilla, home of you know who  lol

catty

Quote from: metarvo on January 15, 2012, 02:53:45 PM
...It seems like David up there in Alaska took all of the winter weather this year, from what I've heard.  Coats and snow shovels aren't selling well here in the lower 48...

Much as I might like the idea of snow, I don't think our 100,0000 plus Alaska visitors would be too happy if it started snowing here, just when they have arrived for their summer holidays   ;D
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.