• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Sam Johnson's BAT Bunker

Started by Sam Johnson, February 09, 2010, 12:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sciurus

Just WONDERFUL! I've never seen blocks like that before (maybe Delija make some like those). And the opera :o :o, fantastic!

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Sam Johnson

@SimNation: they really remind you to playes of the Bronx? Interesting, because my commie blocks are based on some from Moscow :D

@Guillaume: Thanks  :)

I just added some more details on the connections pieces, and I was trying out one of many possibilities how to put these block-props together :)

Now I'm gonna work on some Prop and Building families for these commie blocks ;)

Sciurus

I would say "Sehr schön!!" &apls
It's still wonderful, and the little building between the big ones, it's nice for transition :thumbsup:

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Gilikov1994

Woow, Sam!
looks absolutly great, can't wait for the release :)!

- Giel
Check out my LOT thread, and also the EBLTeam!

==> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=10509.msg318190#new <==

cubby420

Holy cow! I can't believe I never stopped by here before. Suffice it to say, I want everything you are working on...very badly...

Fantastic work and keep it up. Your texture and detail work is amazing. Some of those commie blocks are other worldly good, especially upon close inspection of the more minute details such as terraces and windows.

kwakelaar

Excellent work both with your modern blocks as well as the more historical buildings.

Girafe

Lot of interesting stuffs  &apls &apls

I really enjoy the Kremlin wall so realistic have you plan to do the churches inside or just the walls ?  :thumbsup:

hope to see more soon  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Sam Johnson

Thanks for all those nice comments  :)

@Girafe: I'm glad that you like the Kremlin walls. I'm not sure If I gonna bat those churches as well, but I gonna keep them in mind ;)

After I had to solve some problems with my PC and 3dsmax, I started another (really ugly :D ) commie block.

Girafe

I like Russian style and the churches in Kremlin are very beautiful and I think some people are interested by these kind of buildings for their cities.

I think about batting shop "goum" in the red square but I haven't started it's for this reason I like the work you have done about Kremlin  :)

In another part, the last building is so nice  :thumbsup:

Girafe
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

art128

I agree with Girafe, I also like the russian architectural style (mainly commie blocks  :D :D ) The two last pictures of the blocks are really awesome, excellent work with the manipulable one, I think this will come one of the most awesome thing over the exchanges. Great work too with the Kremlin walls, can't wait to put my hans on this !
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Sam Johnson

@Girafe: Wow you're reallay thinking about batting the GUM? That's something I've been waiting for (If there weren't all those ornates I would try it myself, but thats nothing for me  $%Grinno$% )

@art128: Somehow I love this monotony of hundreds of commie blocks, there and well that is what I'm trying to make possible ;D

Well after I was otherwise engaged, I grabbed my latest block and worked a bit on it, and here is the current result.

rooker1

I'm always up for buildings that look like this one, but the roof top is too repeatative.  I would suggest you get rid of all the roof top doors except for two or three of them.  And maybe even add a cellular tower on the roof.
Just a suggestion.
Robin  ;)
Call me Robin, please.

Gilikov1994

Awesome Sam, just awesome ! &apls

- Giel :thumbsup:
Check out my LOT thread, and also the EBLTeam!

==> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=10509.msg318190#new <==

WC_EEND

Quote from: rooker1 on April 20, 2010, 12:03:29 PM
And maybe even add a cellular tower on the roof.

I have to agree with that, and maybe a satellite dish as well?

Although Commie blocks are not really my cup of tea (too repetitive in my opinion, I prefer Parisian and Belgian architecture), I do like the look of it.

Xander
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

SimNation

Great work. These look like they will be quite nice in game to see.

Sam Johnson

First, thanks for all these comments   :)

@rooker1:I also wasn't sure about the roof, but I think the ways up there are needed to get from every staircase to the rooftop. But I added some small antennas to break out a bit of this reapeating. But the roof is still not final ;)

For everybody who is also interested on the original Blocks from moscow which, my block are based on, here is a picture of them

rooker1

I think it looks much better now.  Adding in the entrances to the bottom now makes the roof top stairs more sense.
&apls
I look forward to thier release.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Sam Johnson

Well the block is allmost done ;)

Girafe

Beautiful work Sam, very realistic so Russian  :thumbsup:
The Floraler

xenofeel

Awesome. Looks like my own house. I'm living in Kursk and we have uglier blocks than in Moscow =\

PS what about some playgrounds, small asphalt (yeah, Russians have hard childhood=)) soccerfield between buildings in your big block?