• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The residence of prussia's kings - building the historic Potsdam

Started by peterycristi, February 10, 2010, 05:56:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manchou

My BATs or here but it is in french ;)

kimcar

FrankU

CabraBuitre

Looks like I missed this thread for about a month... Great work!

Check out Abelfarei!

armagin

This is magical stuff here! I am planning to do a bit of recreation of an "unspecified" Germanic city at this time so I will be watching this with keen eyes.
Check out a journey through Heavenshire over on Simtropolis: http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=716

C.Scott

I would Love to see an attachment for your wonderful Alter Markt buildings so the wider community could download and use them.
If not then maybe release them for The SFBT Advent Calendar 2011.
CS

Dantes

namspopof

It's fantastic !  &apls
The colors and atmosphere are perfect.
STRATEGIUM ALLIANCE
The French site for strategic simulation in real time, member of French associative network Jeux-Stratégie.com
My BAT for SC4
ToutSimCitiesFrench site for SC4.

peterycristi

Hi folks,

a long time since i didn't post here and a long time i didn't bat any Potsdam building... but now we are back to topic. Thanks to an MP on simforum.de i was going on a little working on Potsdam. Concerning the Stadtschloss i considered retexturing it. In the new colours i followed the just finished reconstruction of the original building which opened its doors this year as the state parlament of Brandenburg:

Another Potsdam building i wanted to do since a long time was Garnisonkirche. This military church was a famous landmark of the city until the ruin was blown up by GDR authorities in the 60s. The reconstruction is also forced but there is a controversy about it, because in 1934 president Hindenburg and chancellor Hitler came together in this church at the "day of Potsdam" celebrating the "marriage" of old Prussia with Nazi Germany. Well, i don't think that one day makes the history of a building and architecture shouldn't be political...

Hope you like it so far...

saludos

Peter

I resized your pics, click on them for full size. - Robin
H I S T O R I S C H E S   B E R L I N

vester

Really great work Peter.

That church reminds me of one I am thinking of doing: Christian's Church
The copper might be a little to dark.

Could you please add some dimension to the images (height/width)
[img width=800]http://...../image.jpg[/img]

EDIT: Thank you, Robin. A lot better.

Swordmaster

Good to see you back here Peter. Very nice work!

Cheers
Willy

agunter999

Removed sig, as it linked to a site that promotes unauthorized "modpacks" (see #10 on Site Rules). -Admin

rooker1

Call me Robin, please.

FrankU

Welcome back! And although I think architecture is used in political ways very often and therefore we cannot deny the relation, I think that this occasion is not a reason to curse this church. I will gladly use it in my cities. If I have a neobaroque neighbourhood, that is.

whatevermind

Beautiful work on both buildings! The new color scheme on the parliament building looks great. You might get more versatility out of leaving that wall/gate at the one corner as a separate prop, if you hadn't already planned to do that.  :)

peterycristi

Hi folks,

well, after checking the previews of castle and church i noticed, that the dimensions aren't the same. So what started as a resizing project ended as a rebatting project ^^...

more details as before. Hope you like it so far...

Peter
H I S T O R I S C H E S   B E R L I N

rambuckel

Brilliant! I actually think the first version was perfect as well but the new version is incredible!

Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

FrankU

noahclem

kelis

Really beautiful work !! I like so much this type of buildings and I think we need more buildings like this, it's perfect for the European cities !!

BTW what about the Berliner Stadtschloss ?

Saludos compañero, es un placer verte por aqui  :thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||