• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SFBT Creations @ SC4D LEX

Started by Andreas, April 25, 2007, 05:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrisim

I have no problem with these sets, therefore no clue about the problem you face. I suspect a conflict with another download.
Do you still have the problem, when these two sets (and the SFBT Essentials) are the only contents of your Plugin folder?

SC4BOY

Quote from: Chrisim on December 09, 2007, 02:42:07 PM
I have no problem with these sets, therefore no clue about the problem you face. I suspect a conflict with another download.
Do you still have the problem, when these two sets (and the SFBT Essentials) are the only contents of your Plugin folder?

Umm.. if you mean the construction lot? Yes I am sure it is a conflict of some kind.. but to me it is the SFBT one that conflicts.. at any rate I use the BSC construction lot and am playing happily on.. I don't have the time to go through a binary search of my 2GB plugins.. It worked before, crashed when I put it in, and stopped crashing when I took it out.. and with the BSC construction set it doesn't crash..

If I had time, I am confident I could zero in on exactly the file that has some conflict with the German lot.

In the meantime I'll go on enjoying the great other SFBT lots :)  .. can't wait to get the XTool on those nice looking large building for CAMpatible adjustments.. or maybe someone else has already done it by now.. At any rate they look great..

DFire870

I did some diagnosing and apparently Swamper77's Airport Support File is the culprit. I'm not sure how it would conflict with the sets unless it has something to do with them being in the airport menu?
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

Andreas

Thanks for the hint, DFire870. The SFBT Construction lots were moved to the airport menu because it was the only one that wasn't overcrowded at the time they were made, and apart from the "Building: Airport" occupant group, they don't carry any airport properties at all, but are merely eye-candy parks. I don't know how exactly Swamper's airport support file works, but considering that most of the modular airport lots are merely eye-candy as well (and only one building, like the tower, has actual airport functions), I don't really see why the construction lots should affect the game, but not the modular airport lots.

Are you a bit familiar with the modding programs, such as the Reader? Open the MML DAT and try to edit the occupant groups in all exemplar files in order to move them back into the park menu by removing the "Building: Airport" occupant group (0x00001508) and adding a "Building: Civic" and "Building: Park" occupant group (0x00001005,0x00001006). Don't remove the "Building: Landmark" occupant group (0x0000150A) from the construction lot, though, since this one is necessary for the MML functionality.
Andreas

DFire870

I've never used the Reader before, but later today I'll download it and try it. So do I only need to edit the MMLs?

-- John

Andreas

Yes, the MML DAT will override the original lots, if it's loaded after them (that's why I placed it in the "zz_BSC MML Mod" folder). Open the DAT in the Reader, click on "Fill the list", and then click on the exemplar file that is included in the list on the left. Look for the "Occupant Groups" property in the right pane, double-click it and edit the hex values in the input field at the bottom (be careful not to delete any comma accidentially). Then click on the "Apply" button right of the input field, followed by another click on the "Apply" button at the bottom of the window. Repeat this for every exemplar file in the DAT, and then don't forget to save the file.

EDIT: Here's a screenshot that illustrate the process, hopefully, it helps. :)

Andreas

DFire870

That did it. :thumbsup: I edited only one of the MMLs to see if it would work, and it didn't crash when I tested the MML and the individual lots.

Thanks!

-- John

Andreas

Sweet, thanks for the confirmation. I'm still unsure why it would be affected by the airport support file, but I'll create a workaround for that in the next release.
Andreas

SC4BOY

Hmm.. I have a problem. I am trying out the SFBT "GLR Tram Mod" as it looked pretty cool. After setting up my GLR tracks, I cannot plop these color stations on the GLR track.. it only will place "crosswise" .. which of course doesn't work very well.. :)

Is there a trick to placing these particular stations? I have other GLR stations which seem to place just fine.

Andreas

Which version do you use? The one available at the STEX, or the LEX version? The first one is designed for the GLR puzzle pieces, whereas I updated the other one for the draggable GLR.
Andreas

SC4BOY

I believe I have the LEX version.. how do I tell? The docs and the file neither one have any revision number or any other distinquishing notes.

edit: Oh I do recall one thing..The first thing I tried was the puzzle pieces (I had to learn how to place the stations by tracking down info on GLR usage.. I've never used it before).. And when I used puzzle pieces I could never get the station to connect to the tracks.. it looked ok, but a train didn't seem to ever go through the station. And when I tried to "activate it" by dragging el rail thru it it would drag only thru the station pieces and would not go onto the puzzle pieces.. I don't know if that is normal or not.. as I say I'm kind of new to using the GLR in an actual city.

The tracks I have I made by a combination of draggable and puzzle pieces.. I was sort of learning as I went.

When I try to plop a station on the tracks it goes ACROSS the tracks making an "X" instead of in line. If I line it up inline, it shows red and won't place.

(edit2: I just looked and the LEX shows I have downloaded the lot one time so it is highly likely that I have the LEX version)

Andreas

Check the edit dates of the lot files. They should read "2007/06/08" if you have the LEX version that plops onto the draggable NAM. Also, the dependency list in the readme file should show "Network Addon Mod June 2007 version". Those stations will only plop on a stretch of draggable GLR. If there are any puzzle pieces in the area where you want to plop them, it won't work. Try to bulldoze your puzzle piece network and recreate it with the draggable GLR. For most situations, that should be done very fast - I was able to replace an entire GLR system in my city in under 15 minutes, while building the puzzle pieces took several hours before.
Andreas

SC4BOY

Yes I have the LEX version.. and that does seem to be it.. if I clear out puzzle pieces so NONE are withing about 2 tiles of the station spot, it places ok.. thx.

Any idea why the other stations will place, but the SFBT one requires all draggable? The stations I used turned out to be the modified Tonkso and Marrast versions for no particular reason..

Edit: Hmm.. now that I'm getting some to work, why is it that if I place near a curve (not beside but even 2 or 3 squares away) does it cause the drag network to revert back to el rail?