• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

New Nam - New EuroTextures

Started by frimi, January 17, 2007, 06:59:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas

Well, I'm sure frimi will update the Euro textures as soon as possible, but lately, he has been caught up by RL a bit. The turning lanes haven't changed, but maybe you forgot to install the turning lanes plugin? For performance reason, the road turning lane plugin isn't selected by default, so you have to do that manually while installing the new NAM.
Andreas

Shadow Assassin

It seems there's a very minor conflict in the Euro mod with the road roundabouts. They will still draw as the default intersections, so people will need to be reminded that the plugin should load after the Euro Road Mod.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Yoder7652

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on June 02, 2007, 09:37:07 PM
It seems there's a very minor conflict in the Euro mod with the road roundabouts. They will still draw as the default intersections, so people will need to be reminded that the plugin should load after the Euro Road Mod.

I've found the same effect...as long as they are loaded after nam...the vast majority of the textures are fine for use.

Andreas

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on June 02, 2007, 09:37:07 PM

The road roundabouts haven't been changed since the last NAM version. And the Euro Textures need to be loaded last, of course, otherwise the roundabout textures will show up with the US textures. I talked to frimi about an Euro road textures update, and he said he'll look into it soon, time permitting.
Andreas

cammo2003

Quote from: toxicpiano on June 02, 2007, 03:28:10 AM
Hmm, with the June07 Nam, the euro textures on the turning lanes aren't appearing, is this just me or is anyone else having this prob?
I assume there will be a new update to this fantastic mod due to the new amazing nam including the curvey roads? :) ;)

I WAS having a bug like this, but adding a z_ to the folder name of the EuroTexturesMod folder (whatever you've called it) seems to have fixed the issue. ERTM is loading after the NAM and I'm having all of zero major bugs (roundabouts look fine, I've drawn them, they had Euro roundabout textures).

Andreas

*dusts off thread*

Since frimi has some serious RLS at the moment, I'm in the process of updating the Euro Road Textures Mod. So far, I have completed the GLR crossings for the draggable GLR, and I've also created some new textures for GoaSkin's underground rail puzzle pieces. Quite a few people suggested to get rid of the red sidewalk textures, so I added some regular concrete textures, like they are used virtually everywhere in the game. GoaSkin used those red textures to indicate the position of the puzzle pieces in a city, but I figure most people want to integrate them as good as possible into their cities.

What is still missing are the gentle road curves that were created by dedgren and Tarkus. dedgren once mentioned in the forums that he's working on better textures for them, so I hope he is able to create some Euro textures as well, since I'm not exactly the greatest texture artist on earth. I'm also working on new textures for Marrast's road underpass, but ran into some issues that need to be fixed first. I will have a look at the double-decker puzzle pieces, as ebina pointed out some time ago, as well.

Due to the new modular NAM, I will change the structure of the files for the Euro textures as well. But by using a NAM-like installer, you shouldn't have to worry about that. If there are more problems or things that need to be improved, please let me know.
Andreas

rooker1

This is some awesome news.  I can't wait until it all comes together.

%BUd% %BUd% %BUd%

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

thundercrack83

These look wonderful, Andreas! Fantastic job!

mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Andreas

Well, as I mentioned earlier, I ran into some kind of roadblock with the Marrast Underpass. But first, a picture:

As you can see there's a problem with those black bars; Geoffhaw told me that this could be fixed by applying an alpha map to the textures (as far as I can see, the alpha map of the original textures is just plain white). I'm not exactly good when it comes to creating textures; I can merely copy & paste stuff, and applying simple lines, which still takes a lot of time.

Geoffhaw also told me that for BAT textures, I need to edit all zoom levels manually, since the quality suffers if I simply reduce the size by 50% for each level. Also, the night textures need to be changed. So if anyone wants to take up the challenge (editing some 20 textures or so), please drop me a note. :)
Andreas

Shadow Assassin

You will need to add extra to the textures to prevent them from bleeding - that is, you will need to actually add a little bit more of the texture to ensure they blend in smoothly.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Andreas

Well, I followed Geoffhaw's advice, and the result turned out pretty well. :)

I need to adjust some of the textures, since the white lines don't match up, but now that I have a template, it shouldn't be too hard to do the rest myself. Thanks to anyone who offered help! :)
Andreas

bat

That's looking very nice, Andreas! :thumbsup: Great work on these textures!

Serkanner

Great job Andreas on both the ERT textures and fixing the underpass textures. Looking forward to have them in the game again.  :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

Great work, Andreas! The underpass looks amazing!

Ramona Brie

I have the Euro mod and turning lanes sometimes will appear US and sometimes Euro: onslopes still have yellow lines. Is this a simple "add a Z" problem?

Andreas

The Euro Road Textures Mod should be loaded after the NAM and all other road texture mods. So yes, this might be a "z-problem". Put the ERTM folder inside the NAM folder and add one or two "z" in front, then it should be loaded after all NAM-related content.
Andreas

Ramona Brie

Quote from: Andreas on September 16, 2007, 10:49:24 AM
The Euro Road Textures Mod should be loaded after the NAM and all other road texture mods. So yes, this might be a "z-problem". Put the ERTM folder inside the NAM folder and add one or two "z" in front, then it should be loaded after all NAM-related content.
I found a duplicated texture file, so I've updated that part.