• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SFBT Streetside Mod vs JRJ Streetside Mod -> Compatibility?

Started by M4346, June 04, 2008, 11:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M4346

I think the subject ought to be quite self-explanatory, but I was just wondering if these two are compatible?

I'm asking because I normally use the SFBT SSM because it adds trees to roads and one-ways, but I want trees on SAM as well and only JRJ's mod allows for that (but then the original JRJ SSM is a dependency). Understand the dilemma?

Can I use both? Or should I keep just the road and one-way SSMs of SFBT?

Thanks!

-M-

PS. Move to more appropriate board if necessary, sorry. :)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Andreas

Generally speaking, Jeronij's and my streetside mod are not compatible with each other. Both were developed on the same ID scheme, that means they will override each other. However, both mods have a slightly different approach; and while Jeronij only concentrated on the Maxis streets (and the SAM streets later), I went for a very modular concept, and also added a few files that modify the street trees for roads and oneway roads (but only those that had Maxis trees already). I'm planning to cover the SAM with the SFBT Street Tree Mod eventually, but RL is holding back any modding work for the time being, unfortunately. What you can do is installing the DATs for road and oneway road from the SFBT Mod, along with the tree prop DAT(s), and then installing Jeronij's files for the rest.
Andreas

M4346

Thanks! :)

So, basically if I use both the last one loaded will work? I guess I should just test it and tell you (pl.) what the conclusions are. :P
New Horizons Productions

kassarc16

Andreas, I recently switched out the JRJ mod for yours. I found his a bit too cluttered after seeing the SFBT mod, and couldn't stand the bus props on some tiles.

A quick question, would it be possible to add parking to commercial and industrial zones? On street parking would make sense for those areas.

Andreas

Yes, it would be possible, it "only" requires to modify the T21 exemplar files in order to include commercial and industrial zones.
Andreas

Shadow Assassin

Andreas, is there a quicker way to change all the IIDs of all the stuff in the street mod than having to enter each exemplar and change the property? I have a total of 200 exemplars that I'm converting over to a SAM-compatible format... and it's proving to be a little tedious.

I was wondering if you know any shortcuts to doing it in the Reader?
New Horizons Productions
See my uploads on the LEX!

Andreas

Heh, if there was a quicker way, I would have released a lot more T21-related mods already. ;) In the Reader, there's a batch editor for the TGI's of the files in a DAT, but as far as I know, there's no way to batch-edit values inside a list of exemplar files (or elsewhere). I could really use such a thing, i. e. to adjust the Item Order of a bunch of lots and similar stuff. The only thing that comes close to this is the "Comparer" in SC4Tool, but it's limited to a selection of properties for lots (i. e. pollution values, building value etc.).
Andreas

Rayden

Quote from: Andreas on June 23, 2008, 06:41:06 AM
Heh, if there was a quicker way, I would have released a lot more T21-related mods already. ;) In the Reader, there's a batch editor for the TGI's of the files in a DAT, but as far as I know, there's no way to batch-edit values inside a list of exemplar files (or elsewhere). I could really use such a thing, i. e. to adjust the Item Order of a bunch of lots and similar stuff. The only thing that comes close to this is the "Comparer" in SC4Tool, but it's limited to a selection of properties for lots (i. e. pollution values, building value etc.).

Perhaps an idea for a future project for our wizzard Woua. &idea $%Grinno$%

Shadow Assassin

QuoteHeh, if there was a quicker way, I would have released a lot more T21-related mods already. Wink In the Reader, there's a batch editor for the TGI's of the files in a DAT, but as far as I know, there's no way to batch-edit values inside a list of exemplar files (or elsewhere). I could really use such a thing, i. e. to adjust the Item Order of a bunch of lots and similar stuff. The only thing that comes close to this is the "Comparer" in SC4Tool, but it's limited to a selection of properties for lots (i. e. pollution values, building value etc.).

Well, I figured it out... it seems that the Exemplar Analyser in the Reader allows you to batch-edit a whole bunch of files if they have the same IID.
New Horizons Productions

Andreas

Hmm, yeah, that works, but only if they have the same ID. ;) I guess I could hand out several orders to wouanagaine (such as an LE-like T21 editor), but I know that he's already more than busy...
Andreas

Shadow Assassin

Well, I did manage to get the T21s working for the asphalt, cobblestone and herringbone streets. Haven't done the others because well, I don't use them. :P

I won't release them though...
New Horizons Productions

Andreas

Did I say I'll never do T21's again? ;)

EDIT: No dirt circles for low density and parks:

Might need some flowering bushes for R-$$$, don't you think?
Andreas

sithlrd98

Quote from: Andreas on October 19, 2008, 01:33:22 PM
Did I say I'll never do T21's again? ;)

Never say never! Looking good , and yes it needs some bushes.

Jayson