• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

peterycristi's Bats

Started by peterycristi, October 23, 2008, 05:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sithlrd98

Awesome ... the roof is plain , but you'll come up with something  :)

Jayson

spa

This is coming along nicely. You have some nice details. I agree with that the roof texture int's really there yet. I think the yellow window frames at the base could also be toned down. They draw the eye too much. I think a slightly more washed out yellow would be better. Anyway, it's coming along nicely.

jmyers2043

Hello Peterycristi

Wow! This is a good start and I am glad that you posted some progress pictures here at SC4 Devotion.

I can see that you have a good technical understanding of gmax and I like all the small details you've done to the front. I like the columns, moldings, balusters, and dentils.  I like the block texture that you have on some parts of the front facade on the lower four floors. There are other parts of the front that look flat gray. You should consider using that same texture for all surfaces - or - attempt to use a gradient on those gray surfaces (if you have a paint program such as Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro).

Andreas said a long time ago, at another web site, that Sim City is a roof top game. But making a good roof is difficult. Those who have limited artistic skills or lack a good paint program should consider using gmax to compensate by either using roof junk (air condition units, elevator maintenance rooms, duct work, ventilation, skylights, etc.) or use artistic license and change the roof to a gable, hip, or mansard roof where you can add interest by introducing interesting shapes and corresponding textures like tar paper, shingles, slate, or terracotta tiling. 

good luck

Best regards - Jim Myers

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

peterycristi

Hi folks,

I think i'm definitifly posting too much  :P.

Anyway, some questions to you all. I like that kind of mosaik for the roof terrace, what do you think?

there are still some changes in some textures and details i need to do. What do you think about the marked roof down in the picture? Should I do it or not?

I also marked the part of the roofterrace...

thanks for all your very nice comments!

For all who are interested in the earthquake of 1985 and the destroyed Regis see this video on youtube: http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=qLOCOP6UyC0

saludos

peterycristi
H I S T O R I S C H E S   B E R L I N

tcx

Great job!! I really like this BAT and I think you should do the the roof sign "Hotel Regis".

art128

This is an awesome BAT peterycristi  :thumbsup: good luck for the continuation  :thumbsup: &apls
and looking forward to the development  :thumbsup:
Arthur
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Heblem

You can do the roof terrace but try to make it to not cover the entrance view of the building, you can make it "short"

As for the roof side, I agree with tcx, you can do the regis sign hotel  ;)

Or otherwise you can recreate the hotel as it was beginning of XX century..

Oh btw many other buildings like Hotel Carlo collapsed that day.. you can see this other video... And a mine uncle died that day in a hospital that collapsed &mmm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S_fZG5c-kY&NR=1

peterycristi

Ho folks,

today just a little progress. It's just a preview on how it's going to be... I will still do a lot of changes in the roof section, especially the Regis-sign needs to be more little.

@Heblem: I'm very sorry for your uncle. For luck my family didn't loose a member that day. Also thanks for the video.

saludos... especialmente a mi querido México

peterycristi

tcx

&apls &apls it looks great!! I agree with you, I think the sign should be smaller.

Great Job, can't wait to see nitelites!!!

Saludos !!!

Fatsuhono

Wow Peterycristi-san! WOW! And you just started the BATting? Amazing, I love all the detail and everything else. I really like both roof texture! :) :thumbsup:

gobo77

Sorry for my bad english....

art128

that building is awesome  :thumbsup: &apls you put some excellent detail  :thumbsup:
It's very fine  :thumbsup:
continue
Arthur
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

kimcar

&apls &aplsLook stunning. Super details that you put on . Keep it up :thumbsup:

Heblem

looking great! can't wait for more details  $%Grinno$%  :thumbsup:

serebii666

I will SO download this once it comes out! Exellent Job!
"If Kyle has 3 apples and is shorter that John who has 7 and if John is taller than Jenny who just graduated from Harvard, how old is Karen?"

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

SimFox

it is a great creation! but I think you should really use Helvetica or other sanserif font for the name...

peterycristi

Hi folks,

something i was making just beside the regis. a kind of european historic streetlight that is still missing in sc4...

maybe at the weekend a new update of the regis

saludos

peterycristi

Andreas

Heh, what a coincidence! I was just talking to Nardo69, and he said that the Maxis $$$ streetlight doesn't look that great in areas like on the pic below. Your streetlight should fit much better.

(And yes, I used a mod that completely replaces all Maxis trees - more information can be found in the SFBT Creations forum. :) )
Andreas

Nardo69

hi peterycristi!  :)

yepp, we both agreed that this nice little gem would be a perfect replacement for that horrible pseudo-barocque double headed Maxis lamp for the rich areas - don't know what's worse - the maxis palms or that lambpost *shiver*

As an alternative there are lamposts with a circle where the light is placed inside...  ()stsfd()

Take care and don't forget to make backups

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

Cubbies09

Your BATs are very pretty! I love all the detailing on the facades.