• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SFBT-Project: Realistic Modular Containerterminals

Started by Sam Johnson, May 13, 2009, 08:02:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

allan_kuan1992

looking good... the arm on the ship side might be a little short though.  ;)

- Allan Kuan

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

antn

You got something big going on here, keep it up! Maybe you could add a crane for loading containers onto trains, like this: link. If you intend to make cranes that can load the largest ships remember that the largest Super Post-Panamax cranes have an outrach of over 60 meters. Have you thought about modelling the largest container ships like Emma Maersk or MSC Daniela?

sithlrd98

I agree with everyone...these look fantastic!

Jayson

Sam Johnson

Thanks for the comments  :)

@allan_kuan: Mh I don't think that the arm is too short I testet the length of that arm at one of my ships,maybe the arm at the container terminal side is too long  ;D

@antn: Well I thought about to bat those large container ships but I think those will be too big for the sc4 scale, my ships are based on the design of in RL much larger ships, especially in the wideness. And please notice that the Emma Maersk would be in sc4 25tiles long and 3,5 tiles wide, I don't think that many people would build ports which have a size like that, We have to come to an compromise between realism and usability, I think  ;) The arm of the current crane is ~60m long and this is by comparision to other cranes a common sized crane

A crane for loading onto trains is of course in the planning  ;)

I think as the day progress I can show some progress at the crane  :)

Sam Johnson

sorry for doubleposting

But I think I have some progress on the texturing of the current crane  ;)

And here is a photo of the orginal

Of course I will do a version with the arm up  ;)

Criticism and suggestions are welcome   :)

rooker1

If you are going to show us pics of progress like that, you can triple post!!

Awesome work!!  &apls

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

allan_kuan1992

Thanks.

If you have the spare time to do so is it possible if you could make other cranes of different colours/designs? Again, this is if you have time. Otherwise your work is great so far =)

- Allan Kuan

tag_one

Very nice work on the crane Sam  :thumbsup: I especially like the textures on the arm of the crane!

heitomat

Be gentle with me - I'm Norwegian

Sam Johnson

@Robin (rooker1): Thank you  :)

@Pat: thanks  :)

@tag_one: thanks, Im glad that you like the crane  :)

@heitomat:  Thank you, too :)

@allan_kuan1992: I did yesterday some more coloar variations of the container crane which is based on the design of the cranes in bremerhaven, in near future I will do some colour variations of the last crane, and today I plan to start another crane, which has a design, what can be found all over the world ;)

Well, I started many things the last days but just something, what I did yeserday is this time presentable :D
I reworked the nightlights of the "bremerhaven crane" and I did some colour variations of this crane:

If you have some other colour variation ideas, just suggest it  ;)

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

jmyers2043

Hello Sam

I can only restate what so many others have said. These are wonderful bats. The modeling and texturing is very impressive. The folk at Maxis should be gratified if or when they come to SC4Devotion and see that their game is alive and well because of the efforts of people like you.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Ennedi

Excellent nightlights! They were missing in all previous BATs of that type, now seaports will look even more realistic!  :thumbsup:
Fantastic models and texturing  &apls

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

tag_one

Great and colorful nightlights! I especially like the last color variation of the crane, it looks really cool  :thumbsup:
Hows work progressing on the other crane?

art128

Wonderful work on these cranes my friend, they looks splendid !! And like Io_bg said, the nightlights is awesome ! &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

ShadeSlayer

FrankU

SamJohnson,

Your cranes look fantastic in any colour you presented.
So I really would use them in any colour you decide, but I have one remark:
PEG's cranes are blue, Yoman's cranes are blue, Tag_One's are grey (as far as I know), so I ask you to make yours red or orange, just for the sake of variation.
But thanks anyway. Lots of claps:  &apls  &apls  &apls

heitomat

I have to agree with FrankU. A little variation won't hurt.
Be gentle with me - I'm Norwegian