• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

ÆRDEN ~ new streets!

Started by vortext, May 31, 2013, 11:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vortext

Hello everyone! The second installment of Potyomkins' travels which is less story driven and more, erhm, action-packed I guess?!  :D

Anyway a quick recap; the brothers were banned from their community for reasons better left unmentioned. Once informed by a traveling salesman they decided to set course to Ærden. To get there, however, they'd first have to tackle a pretty challenging descend of a former mountain stream. So guess what we'll be looking at today?! Enjoy!

03-01 | The youngest brother, Benjamin, was visibly shaken by the daunting prospect and had chosen to stay behind, for now at least. He looked on nervously as his siblings slowly dissolved into the depths. 

03-02 | Giant boulders flanked the narrow gorge left and right, making it impossible to keep sight of each other. They'd occasionally let out a shout though, which eerily bounced of the steep slopes and made it hard to tell where it came from. But at least they'd each know the other was still alive.

03-03 | Coming around the bend, the oldest grew more confident and straddled the horse. The animal felt otherwise though and was reluctant to move his feet more than a single step at a time.

After a while the gorge leveled off a bit and they decided on a quick break to work out the logistics.

Obviously someone had to go up again and take down Benjamin along with the other two horses, of course. Then two of them would have to go up again to bring down the first wagon, rinse and repeat for the second wagon. In short it'd be pretty time-consuming so we're going to fast-forward a bit.  ;D

Yay the first mosaic! Click for full size.

03-04 | They're halfway through with the second wagon, which gave less trouble than anticipated. Gravity worked in their favor and the brothers just needed to steer clear of obstacles. Their primary concerns were the axles, if one would break they'd be literary stuck between a rock and a hard place.

03-05 | A bit further down still and the oldest brother again takes the lead. It requires a great deal of his skill to keep both the horses in check, let alone steer them in the right direction.

03-06 | Despite the inherent risk he orders to make haste soon after as daylight already starts to fade. The last thing they want is to spend the night trapped in here.

03-07 | Finally the steep mountain flanks recede and the riverbed broadens. Suddenly Benjamin, now in the lead, stops. 'Do you guys hear that?!', he yells while at the same time gesturing for his brothers to be quiet. They listen closely for what seems an eternity. Then out of the forest below arises a faint, yet familiar sound. . .

Quote from: sim_link on July 21, 2013, 11:30:20 AM
Wow, great flora and great scene - watching the seasons turn is awesome! ;D

Agreed, seasonal flora is pretty neat.  :D  Thanks!

Quote from: rooker1 on July 22, 2013, 03:20:21 AM
Great work on that seasonal animation!

Robin

Thanks Robin!

Quote from: art128 on July 22, 2013, 05:08:34 AM
Fantastic gif.... You're truly a master.

Thank you Arthur!

Quote from: Schulmanator on July 22, 2013, 05:21:45 PM
Delightful nature :D

Thanks!

Quote from: RepublicMaster on July 22, 2013, 10:09:44 PM
Great GIF, I look forward to seeing the seasonal flora too! :D

Glad to hear, thanks!

Quote from: Gugu3 on July 23, 2013, 03:42:59 AM
Great GIF!amazing rural scene!!!

Good eye! Though they were out of frame cows are actually nearby!  :D

Quote from: Simcoug on July 23, 2013, 08:11:21 AM
Great .gif! 

Thank you!

Quote from: Swordmaster on July 23, 2013, 09:10:18 AM
You're truly a . . . wait for it . . . GIFted player, Erik.

Now, you didn't see that one coming, did you? :D

Cheers
Willy

Teehee!  :D That made my day Willy, thanks!

Quote from: evarburg on July 24, 2013, 12:48:48 PM
Oh very, very nice ! Wonderfully wild places...

Hey wait a sec. . . I didn't even know you had an account here Tariel! ;) Thanks for stopping by!
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

whatevermind

Whoa zoom lens! It works though. Actually I spent a few minutes just admiring the new banner, let alone the rest of the pics.  ;D

Mr.Lin

THE CITY OF DANYARD ! SCCN
THE CITY OF DANYARD ! SC4D (Click on the pictures below)

人们都知道的,是生活;人们不知道的,才是艺术

RepublicMaster

The stream bed looks great! It all fits together so well. :)

The photo shopping also adds to it.

kelis

Fantastic job as always my friend !! It's a pleasure to read the history looking at the pictures, all those fantastic pictures !! Congratulations and keep up the good work.

# Jonathan
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

vester

*Coming out of lurking mode*

Been enjoy your MD a lot. Great work all along.  &apls

Will be lurking around the corners. So if you see a shadow....
*Back to lurkning mode*

Schulmanator

Very nice! I think I need to outsource my nature work to you! :D
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Simcoug

Great flora work once again - The extreme close ups are a nice touch.   :thumbsup:

Faint sounds.... hmmm... thunder?  Wolves?  Bigfoot? 

Looking forward to the next installment :)

vortext

Quote from: whatevermind on August 09, 2013, 05:10:17 PM
Whoa zoom lens! It works though. Actually I spent a few minutes just admiring the new banner, let alone the rest of the pics.  ;D

You should've seen the first few tries, they almost induced motion sickness! :D Thanks!

Quote from: Mr.Lin on August 09, 2013, 06:55:41 PM
AMAZING works !!!

Thank you!

Quote from: RepublicMaster on August 09, 2013, 07:12:25 PM
The stream bed looks great! It all fits together so well. :)

The photo shopping also adds to it.

Thanks Will for the kind words. Glad to hear you like the photoshopping too.

Quote from: kelis on August 12, 2013, 06:36:53 AM
Fantastic job as always my friend !! It's a pleasure to read the history looking at the pictures, all those fantastic pictures !! Congratulations and keep up the good work.

# Jonathan

Thanks Jonathan, the pleasure is mutual! *imagine high five emoticon here*

Quote from: vester on August 12, 2013, 03:38:33 PM
*Coming out of lurking mode*

Been enjoy your MD a lot. Great work all along.  &apls

Will be lurking around the corners. So if you see a shadow....
*Back to lurkning mode*

So that's what I saw from the corner of my eye all this time. Thanks!

Quote from: Schulmanator on August 13, 2013, 07:53:23 AM
Very nice! I think I need to outsource my nature work to you! :D

Hm, sounds like a viable business plan. .  $%Grinno$% Thanks!

Quote from: Simcoug on August 13, 2013, 09:45:02 AM
Great flora work once again - The extreme close ups are a nice touch.   :thumbsup:

Faint sounds.... hmmm... thunder?  Wolves?  Bigfoot? 

Looking forward to the next installment :)

Thanks but I've gotta ask: you're familiar with the sound a Bigfoot makes?!  ???  :D 

Not much for today. First of all Vester's comment reminded me a few years ago Dedgren / David  proclaimed the 31th of August No Lurker Day. And what do you know, it's the 31th of August today, so. .

. . lurkers, come out of the shadows, go to your favorite MD and/or BAT thread and leave a comment. It'll be appreciated for sure!  :thumbsup:

The seasonal mmps then are ready. In addition I've made a Horse 'n Carriage mmp pack. Both are ready to go and will be available as soon as I figure out how to actually upload stuff to the LEX. In the meantime, enjoy the breakdown of content below.

Get ready for the dreaded invasion of unscrutineerd stuff!   ;D

Finally, there were great teaser posts recently which reminded me this MD has been in the running almost three months and I haven't posted a single teaser yet! Time to set the record straight.

Bye for now! Erik.
time flies like a bird

sc-4

It looks....interesting , i can't wait to see more of this ! :D

Call me Ludo

art128

Interesting indeed! Nice picture. :) 
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Flatron

I like what you composed there :) The sheep and the carriages and the photoshopping. It's great!

sunv123

Looking forward to using the MMP pack! :D

Great work here Erik :thumbsup:
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

Kergelen

That's a great set of MMP.  :thumbsup:

The last update is very nice and I like the atmosphere with the frog. I think I was in a lurking mood the day I saw it $%Grinno$%

Links to SC4 websites

vortext

Thanks everybody, proper replies will follow later. Just wanted to let you know the MMPs have been uploaded!  %BUd%

Here's the seasonal flora and here're the carriages and horses!
time flies like a bird

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

sunv123

Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

nbvc

Gugu3

rooker1

The last two updates are amazing.
In the last update, very last pic....where did you get the fence?

Robin
Call me Robin, please.