• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAM - General Discussions

Started by RippleJet, May 01, 2007, 01:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RippleJet

Quote from: mightygoose on December 23, 2007, 06:12:34 AM
:P soon as ill post some pics of my CAM experiences...

I am looking forward to it! ::) :thumbsup:

Yorkie23

Hi

What civic buildings can be used with the CAM are there any you recommend on the BSC Lex.

thanks and have a good christmas to all.

pkremer

Hey there! I realize that you probably need permission to do so, but I would love to see this new building added recently on the STEX as a CAMeLot! This building wants to be in my city, but I don't want to add more stage 8 CO buildings into the mix, as it is recommended to take them all out, isn't it? Anyway, just a request!  ;D

Aon Center

xxdita

Actually, I believe that permission is only required if you include the model in the upload, or you use the original lot. But if a new lot were created, modified to CAM standards with XTool, then the lot could be uploaded, with the building model listed as a dependency.
Until the XTool is finalized for release, it is possible to tweak buildings in Ilive's Reader program, to modify growth stage and capacity, though it would only be an estimate (or the values that you would want for the building).
I've done this for a couple of Residential lots, making them Stage 15 R$$$'s, just to make sure that my CAM cities would support the growth.

pkremer

Is this something I would be able to do myself?  What is the X tool, and could I even get it if I wanted?  I would be very happy to make buildings into CAMeLots if I knew how to do so!  :thumbsup:

BarbyW

As yet the X Tool is not on public release but we have hopes that wouanagaine will have it ready in the not too distant future.
Until it is available you can ask for lots for your use to be made for you. All you need to do is say which models you would like CAMelots of and one of us will make a bare lot for you to prop yourself.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

RippleJet

Quote from: Yorkie23 on December 24, 2007, 08:21:27 AM
What civic buildings can be used with the CAM are there any you recommend on the BSC Lex.

thanks and have a good christmas to all.

I hope you had a merry christmas as well! At least I did! ;)

Basically, you can use any available civic buildings with the CAM.
However, if you're aiming for huge skyscraper cities, then you might want some bigger ones.

And if you want civic buildings with capacities and other properties in line with those that Maxis made, I'd recommend the following recent uploads:

Simgoober Education Lots BSC
SG Health BSC
Taunton State Hospital
Mattb325 Bathurst St Police Station
Mattb325 Eastern Hill Fire Station

BarbyW

I was testing out a new CAMeLot today and look what grew for me ;D

One of the SOMY I-HT lots - the 4x7  :thumbsup: See they do grow.

SC4BOY

WOOOOT!! You go girl! :).. you just posted that so I wouldn't ask you later, didn't you? hehe...

xxdita

OK, now I'm jealous Barby. Is this with CAM 1.0 though or a beta?

RippleJet

Thank you, Barby! :thumbsup:

Quote from: xxdita on December 27, 2007, 08:07:26 AM
OK, now I'm jealous Barby. Is this with CAM 1.0 though or a beta?

It's with beta 1.0.2 ::)

LoneRanger

Quote from: BarbyW on December 27, 2007, 07:31:11 AM
I was testing out a new CAMeLot today and look what grew for me ;D

One of the SOMY I-HT lots - the 4x7  :thumbsup: See they do grow.

I hate to spoil your fun  :D but this picture was posted somewhere else by Loerelau:

I don't know if he plopped it or grew it but he wrote it was stage 10.

BarbyW

Not spoiling my fun, LoneRanger. I was just pleased to see this rare building appear. There have been many questions about the SOMY CAMelots so I just showed one that had grown.
Where was this picture posted?

LoneRanger

Ah ok, didn't know about the trouble getting somy's to grow.  :)

It was posted at gathering.tweakers.net wich is mainly a [dutch] tech forum and "we" got a small corner devoted to SC4.

http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_message/29302588#29302588
Forth picture in that reply.
Loerelau is a member here too. [same person, same nick]

BarbyW

Thanks for the link, LoneRanger. I wish I could read the Dutch ;D

xxdita

Quote from: RippleJet on December 27, 2007, 09:11:40 AM

At least there's hope for me to see it grow, as soon as 1.1 is released anyway.  $%Grinno$%

wouanagaine

Quote from: RippleJet on December 27, 2007, 09:11:40 AM

Damn where is 1.0.2 ??? I'm sticked with 1.0.1

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

RippleJet

pkremer

Barby, I was thrilled when I saw you had CAMeLotted the new NVIDIA Center!

I don't suppose you might be willing to CAMeLot this new Simtropolis creation, the Aon Center?  It is a stage 8 building I am assuming, and I was hoping not to add new stage 8 buildings with the CAM installed.  Any chance?  I would love to do it myself, but I simply don't know how!  :'(

Thanks!  :)

BarbyW

I would relot it for CAM but I can't download at the moment as the sTEX is odd again. No images and an error message when I try to download.