• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAM - General Discussions

Started by RippleJet, May 01, 2007, 01:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HandsOn

Quote from: builder on May 22, 2008, 02:03:17 PM
If you want to call me, then I wonder if you still live with your parents, because it would be a really awkward situation if your mom picks up the phone, and I ask if HandsOn is at home. Very weird.
Let's just say if my mother was still alive, she'd be the oldest woman on the planet by far  :P
Besides, if there was anyone here, they'd know my handle  ::)

Not to worry, call any time..

Why not visit The Empire MD
Just updated on July 2nd, 2008
And after the game's done.. - The Storyteller's Logbook

builder

Oh, well, yeah, I can call you.

Back to the point, where should I make the downloads folder, because I already have a folder that has the name downloads, and if I try to make another folder the computer asks me if I want to replace the original folder.

HandsOn

Quote from: builder on May 23, 2008, 01:57:39 AM
Oh, well, yeah, I can call you.

Back to the point, where should I make the downloads folder, because I already have a folder that has the name downloads, and if I try to make another folder the computer asks me if I want to replace the original folder.
Builder - you don't HAVE to make one, you can use any folder you like - Downloads was wimply an example I used. Where ever you download the ImageCfg to, that's where you ought to run it

builder

Well, see, the ImageCfg doesn't work. Nothing happens when I click on the program.

HandsOn

Quote from: builder on May 23, 2008, 02:10:09 AM
Well, see, the ImageCfg doesn't work. Nothing happens when I click on the program.
Builder - you have to first read what I wrote a couple of messages back (the one with the DOS window screenshot - on page 49) - this is not a clickabble program but one that needs to be run - as I described it - on a commandline in a DOS window! Please read the message first.

builder

Well I tried that, and that didn't work. Maybe I just have to try again.

builder

Uhh, there was a blank lot something download. I can't remember the entire name, but I know it exists. I found it somewhere here on the forum, but I can't remember exactly where. If anyone could make a link, I woulf be thankful.

RippleJet

builder

Thank you  :thumbsup: But Oh my God, I just looked into the downloads on my computer for SC4, and saw that I actually don't have the datpacker! Can you please send me a link to download that file. I can now remember that last time I tried to download it, there was something wrong, and I couldn't download it.

RippleJet

builder

I read through the page, and saw that this wans't my issue. My issue is somehat similar, but not entirely the same. My issue is that buildings, be it growable landmarks or normal buildings, sometimes aren't jsut there, and instead, a plaza-like, or paved area is in its stead. I really wnat my buildigns to show, and this bugs me.

And thanks for the link to the Dat Packer  ;)

RippleJet

Quote from: builder on May 24, 2008, 03:35:00 AM
My issue is that buildings, be it growable landmarks or normal buildings, sometimes aren't jsut there, and instead, a plaza-like, or paved area is in its stead. I really wnat my buildigns to show, and this bugs me.

You mean like the middle one of the three lots in this picture? ::)

builder

Yes! That is exactly what I'm having an issue about. And to add to everything, almost half my buildings look like that. It is just annoying

RippleJet

builder, that picture is from the thread called Growing Empty Lots and How to Correct them... ::)

I suggest you go back to it and read it thoroughly, and download the Cleanitol file that's attached to the first post.
Before running the Cleanitol, you should bulldoze all such blank lots in your cities though.

builder

builder

Oh, and BTW, the intro:off thing doesn't work. It seems that I have to have saved in a specific region for it to work. Otherwise, the EA and Maxis logo appear as normal.

OK, quadruple post  ;D

Anyways, I have deleted some of the ploppables, apparently I missed some of them when I went through them the first time. Also, it appears that intro: off is only working sometimes. I don't know why, but I assume it might have to do with Vista. and I would aslo like you to watch this nice little video I saw a couple of hours ago  :P http://youtube.com/watch?v=fTrK4VQG93Y

builder, I merged two of your posts and moved one to the thread about Landmarks growing on empty lots.
Please modify your own post if you have more to add shortly after your previous post!

RippleJet

Quote from: builder on May 24, 2008, 06:00:52 AM
Also, it appears that intro: off is only working sometimes. I don't know why, but I assume it might have to do with Vista.

Where did you add the -intro:off ?
For the shortcut in the Start menu or for the shortcut on the desktop?
Are you starting the game from the same shortcut each time?

builder

1) Yes I am.
2) Ok, I will modify instead of making new posts.
3) This is where I put the intro:off - "C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4\Apps\SimCity 4.exe" -Intro:off

HandsOn

That's the correct place - and if you only have one short-cut the introductory video (not the logo) should never come on.

builder

Ok.

You guys have helped me so much. I would still be wondering why I got brown boxes dotted all around my city if it weren't for you guys. Thank you very much  :thumbsup:  &apls