• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAM - General Discussions

Started by RippleJet, May 01, 2007, 01:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas

Quote from: High5Tower on August 11, 2007, 04:02:59 AM
I have looked at my list of skyscrapers and its :) not going to be too difficult to get the job done. Now what I really want to learn is how to use the new startup manager. This tool I can see is essential for having fun with lots of special  regions and cities. I am trying to figure it out but not getting very far. Is there any special tuturials for this program?  Maybe I should get my son to help me with it. I really want to use that program! Any help from the community on stratup manager would be appreciated. Thank you :)

The Startup Manager v3 contains a detailed help file that should answer most of your questions. It's not that hard to use, once you understand the basic principles. There's also a help thread in the modding tools section of this forum, so if you have a question, just post it there.
Andreas

Diggis

Actually
Quote from: Kitsune on August 11, 2007, 04:31:30 PM
Colossusal?   My God, I realized tonight, after thinking I'm nearly done installing this huge mod, I still have  "$Deal"$ 135 files (!) left to download. All I gotta say is wow, the impact this is gonna have is huge. And for those wondering, I never really downloaded any buildings before, I was content with the Maxis files. Thats coming back to haunt me now.....
Actually Kitsune, I'd say that would be an advantage for you, as you do not have to remove any files, if you never had them

Kitsune

Quote from: Diggis on August 15, 2007, 02:30:53 AM
Actually Actually Kitsune, I'd say that would be an advantage for you, as you do not have to remove any files, if you never had them

Thats true.

Another question, is there a list anywhere of what stages grow on what denisity? I'm finding I'm not getting anything really that big growing, except for a 50-60 storey tower on a medium density tile, which looks very odd cause nothing else is getting higher then 10 storeys, but I havnt zoned any high density yet. And I know the CAM is working because I have recieved a few stage 4 industrials.......
~ NAM Team Member

shoreman905

The type of growth you are looking for with CAM can only occur with high density zoning. All the commercial and residential CAMeLots will appear only when zoned that way. Idustrials work differently of course as do Ir (farming) lots. Give a try with high density and you will see a big difference.

Rafonc

I have been playing now few hours CAM,and i am thinking about 1 thing. When i see querry for some buildings in corner i see CAMeLot. Ok,i understand its from CAM. But some others have for example NDEX, SUperstar etc...Could this be because i installed something wrong? Because i copied all files from zip to plugins. Perhaps i need to delete something, but everything else works perfect :thumbsup:

Bluebeard

Maybe I asked this question before so sorry for a repeat question.
  Can you just get your toes wet without getting fully soaked?.I like the idea of CAM but I would like to skip the Residental part.Thanx :)

RippleJet

Quote from: Kitsune on August 15, 2007, 06:13:17 PM
Another question, is there a list anywhere of what stages grow on what denisity?

The recommendations for the different stages as developed for the "X Tool" are:

Residential Stages 1-3 - low-, medium- and high-density
Residential Stages 4-6 - medium- and high-density
Residential Stages 7-15 - only high-density

Commercial Stages 1-3 - low-, medium- and high-density
Commercial Stages 4-6 - medium- and high-density
Commercial Stages 7-15 - only high-density

Industrial Stages 1-5 - medium and high-density
Industrial Stages 6-10 - only high-density

Quote from: Kitsune on August 15, 2007, 06:13:17 PM
I'm finding I'm not getting anything really that big growing, except for a 50-60 storey tower on a medium density tile, which looks very odd cause nothing else is getting higher then 10 storeys, but I havnt zoned any high density yet.

Which building is that? Sounds like it shouldn't be growing on medium-density... ???
It's probably a pre-CAM building, since all CAMeLots are set to grow only on high-density lots.

RippleJet

Quote from: Rafonc on August 16, 2007, 04:28:22 AM
But some others have for example NDEX, SUperstar etc...Could this be because i installed something wrong? Because i copied all files from zip to plugins. Perhaps i need to delete something, but everything else works perfect :thumbsup:

That means you still have the pre-CAM versions of those lots in your plugins.
You may use the CAM Remove Lots BSC Cleanitol to remove pre-CAM lots that were included in the "starter packs" at LEX.
However, I would not remove those that you may already have had growing in your cities.

Quote from: Bluebeard on August 16, 2007, 04:41:08 AM
Can you just get your toes wet without getting fully soaked?.I like the idea of CAM but I would like to skip the Residental part.Thanx :)

I wouldn't recommend that, BB.
Theoretically the residential developer exemplar file that is included in the CAM could be removed in Reader.
However, that would cause residential development to proceed faster than commercial, giving residential stage 8 skyscrapers a lot sooner than commercial ones.

Diggis

Quote from: RippleJet on August 16, 2007, 05:18:54 AM
Which building is that? Sounds like it shouldn't be growing on medium-density... ???

Come on, you guys wouldn't have made a mistake, while editing those hundreds of lots.  $%Grinno$%

Bluebeard

Thanx RJ.
  I don't to mess with a fine program like CAM It's I don't want to download the the Residental Lots nothing againist the lots but I ain't into Residental skyscrapers except for Cobb.Thanx

Diggis

If you don't download them, they will not grow.  $%Grinno$%

the other option is not to zone high Density.

RippleJet

Quote from: Bluebeard on August 16, 2007, 05:41:28 AM
I don't want to download the the Residental Lots nothing againist the lots but I ain't into Residental skyscrapers except for Cobb.Thanx

Then I would download only the cobb32118 updated lots BSC package, which contains CAMeLots for most stages featuring only bat models by Cobb ;)

Bluebeard

Fast replies to help and awesome lots no wonder SC4D is the best SimCity site around.Thanx again :thumbsup:

Rafonc

THanks,now its ok. I just forgot about that thing &ops

JoeST

Is there any chance of altering the health and education buildings with this mod so that they can cope more readily with the huge demand created, or do we just have to download existing ones. It would be nice if you created a set of civic buildings that fit in different situations that had demand to satisfy these situations, cause at the moment it feels like I need to include a Clinic and a School for every 2 or 3 skyscrapers
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

RippleJet

For the time being I can only recommend to download existing ones.
There are some civic buildings in the pipeline, but they will not be uploaded right away...

Changing the capacity of in-game civic buildings is not recommended, since that might trigger the Phantom Funding Sliders bug.

JoeST

its ok anyway, i can live with it, the filters all say i have green health and education anyway so it doesn't really matter. the more problematic thing is the transport lol

Joe

RippleJet

Quote from: star.torturer on August 16, 2007, 12:55:25 PM
its ok anyway, i can live with it, the filters all say i have green health and education anyway so it doesn't really matter. the more problematic thing is the transport lol

We are aware of that too.
However, a solution might appear on the LEX tomorrow. :)
Cogeo will upload version 3.5 of his RoadTop Mass Transit package, and that one will include a version for the CAM, with capacities corresponding to the CAM network capacities. :thumbsup:

JoeST

its the street capacities im more worried about lol, as it was a auto zoned area and i didnt make space for mass transit

RippleJet

If you have streets, you should upgrade them to roads... ::)

Did you install one of the traffic pathfinding options that was included with the CAM?
Or in another way: Does your Plugins folder contain a subfolder called z_CAM, and what does it include?