• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Siilijoki

Started by noahclem, December 07, 2010, 06:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kj3400

Simply a work of art. Not a thing out of place. It's a masterpiece....and I'm babbling on :P
but really, really great job.
I think I've been here long enough, call me Kenneth/Kenny.
Visit

The Commonwealth of Paradise at ST

The Commonwealth of Paradise at SC4 Wiki

wallasey

Flawless updates once again!

I really like you use of residential high rises in the previous update and the highway hugging the riverside. Looked very realistic!

Kergelen

The previous update is awesome &apls
As always great loyaout of roads, RHW and buildings.

Links to SC4 websites

sunv123

NOOOO!! I have missed all of those past updates. :'( >:( :angrymore: :bomb:%bur2$ Taking a deep breath. /wrrd%&

Great job with that teaser pic, can't wait to see what Rauma will turn out like. :) It really has been wonderful following Siilijoki this month, and it has been one of the best.

Uhhh, Cheers?

sunv123
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

Dantes

The teaser has succeeded.  :thumbsup: I like the modern building at the crossroads. They look very well together. The pedestrian bridge is a great idea for modern buildings.  &apls &apls &apls

Swordmaster

Quote from: noahclem on November 19, 2012, 11:43:49 AMThanks so much to everyone that's supported me during my 4-in-1 OSITM week

No, thank you for making it a memorable ride! That was a lot of fun. . .

Great intersection! But I'm not sure about the night view. Looks like a shadow issue with the trees. Or is that just me? The zoom 6 thing usually works out quite well for you, except I always tend to notice the Maxis trees at that level. Have you thought of a replacement mod?

And that ped bridge again :D  I'm wondering whether this one is really necessary. So close to that intersection, it's a little weird in my view. Why climb all the stairs when there's traffic lights nearby? Though it could of course have been a government bungle. I know those city halls. . .  Sorry for being a harsh critic time and again.  :-[

And I'd be happy to consult you on that rail depot, or anything rail related for that matter ;)   Although like I said before, there's not much left for me to correct!

Anyway, I never consider your teasers to be real "teasers". So much to say and think about in such a few images - this shows why you're in the HoF after all.

Cheers
Willy

Yan077

Late, but not too late welcome to the HoF  :P
I missed a lot of new excellent updates ! Excellent work  &apls  &apls

rambuckel

Very promising teaser ... I'm really looking forward to the update!

Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

Jmouse

Even your little teaser photos are magnificent compositions, Noah. The first one makes me feel like I'm standing on a high-rise balcony and looking down at the city. That's something an acrophobic like me would never do in RL. Naturally, the second photo is my favorite with the bright city lights glowing. For some reason, it made me think of Simon and Garfunkel's hit song "The Sound of Silence."

Looking forward to the big update...
-Joan

io_bg

Some great close-ups, the last update is no exception to the rule either. Can't wait to see more  ;D
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

nas-t

Great teaser!  &apls
I'm curious what you show us next!

noahclem

Lest anyone fear I should start slacking after receiving my recent laurels...

I bring to you today a small handful of pictures of my most recent municipality, Ranua. Originally the area was intended to be complete suburbia but what started out as the center for civic services turned into a couple businesses, after which I got the idea to see how many good HD city shots I could get. I've continued along both lines and the town is now among the largest in the region. The problem with any HD area though is that it exposes the most minute details and because of that I've really been spending a lot of time figuring out the best way this area should look before I post. The full update may yet be a couple days away but I wanted to bring you a little something today  :thumbsup:

First, here's how the area around the par-clo/half diamond interchange is looking now at night:

Education in Siilijoki is always an important priority and the suburbs are no exception. This scene occurs right next to the local high school. The high school hot air balloon club is a source of bitterness to the inner city students who are forced to spend their free time on the water instead of the air  $%Grinno$%

But really, most of the area is suburban

Though I must admit a good chunk of land is taken up by me placing these awesome BATs by anotn

So how is the Siilijoki region doing? Well, not the best. The Igelstadt tile gave me a third corrupt save and I gave serious thought to starting a new region. However, I've decided to continue with the current 3-year-old version of Siilijoki and if Igelstadt keeps giving me trouble I'll obliterate it and turn it into 4 medium sized tiles. Anyway, here's a graph of the region's population. 100%= ~850,000

Thanks for all your comments and replies will follow tomorrow  ;)

Kergelen

Nice MMP park. Fits very good with PAENG park. The interchange at night looks very realistic &apls

Links to SC4 websites

Gugu3

Nice Noah!it's a pity you're having problems with a city tile! :'(I love your region!!!!! &aplsnice work on the area of Rauma!

benedict

The night shots are very impressive.

More impressive is that you are number 1 for the year on BTT, congratulations!
Click on the banner to celebrate!

rambuckel

All those honors are well deserved, Noah! Congratulations on the 1st place in benedict's ranking!

Great pictures again so far. I'm looking forward to the coming scenes. The shoreline is really really beautiful. I with I could go for a walk there!

Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

Swordmaster

Quote from: noahclemLest anyone fear I should start slacking after receiving my recent laurels...

Yes, don't you start slacking! >:(

(That's really a funny comment seeing how no one would mind if you took a breather).

That second picture is wonderful. What are the fares to take such a balloon ride? Or is it member-restricted?

I really wonder what causes you so much trouble. It would be good to figure out exactly what it is before starting new cities. . . Does it crash on opening? Crash when running the simulator? Have you run some tests on it like dezoning everything and such? Do you have backups that can help you figure it out?

Cheers
Willy

vinlabsc3k

Awesome shots Noah!! :thumbsup:

I'd like to view the first and last pictures by day. ;)

For the problem of Igelstadt, you can try to make a copy of city file, start the game, obliterate the tile, exit to desktop, reload the game and the tile. A couple of time this procedure has resolved my situation.
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

sunv123

Quote from: noahclemLest anyone fear I should start slacking after receiving my recent laurels...

Who said that? ()what() &sly(But i don't want you to do that either)

Great teaser, love how you made the hot air balloon look like it's on the ground. or is it? ;)
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

rooker1

WOW, great work Noah.
First MD HoF and now you are number one for the year. 
Both are excellent achievements!!

Robin &apls
Call me Robin, please.