• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BSC Functional Seaports - Support Thread

Started by RippleJet, June 13, 2008, 05:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarbyW

The props in BSC BAT Props RT MineCorp Vol01 are now combined into BSC MEGA Props RT Vol04 which is why they are are locked on the LEX. Please download the MEGA pack as you may have brown boxes without it.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Grneyes

When I try to place the Cnut Grain Port and the BLS Container port, it says I cannot build these on water, but they both have ships. It doesn't look like they are canal ports, so I'm not understanding why I can't build them on water if they are ports? Also, does the airport cargo lot have to be at the seaports? Or can it be placed by an airport?

MaryBeth

RippleJet

Quote from: Grneyes on October 25, 2010, 11:22:50 AM
When I try to place the Cnut Grain Port and the BLS Container port, it says I cannot build these on water, but they both have ships. It doesn't look like they are canal ports, so I'm not understanding why I can't build them on water if they are ports?

Yes, all ports that Barby has lotted should be placed o dry land.
It should be placed along a straight shoreline though,
since the quay (and ships, etc.) of all her ports are overhanging the sea. ;)

The animation below might help you a little.
Note that only the narrow dock on the right extends over water in the first stage. Everything else is on dry land.

Quote from: Grneyes on October 25, 2010, 11:22:50 AM
Also, does the airport cargo lot have to be at the seaports? Or can it be placed by an airport?

It can be placed anywhere you like. :)
For the visual effect, I'd place it close to an airport though. ;)
Note that it must be connected by road from your industry, for the freight to be shipped to it.

Grneyes

Quote from: RippleJet on October 25, 2010, 12:58:26 PM
Yes, all ports that Barby has lotted should be placed o dry land.
It should be placed along a straight shoreline though,
since the quay (and ships, etc.) of all her ports are overhanging the sea. ;)

The animation below might help you a little.
Note that only the narrow dock on the right extends over water in the first stage. Everything else is on dry land.

It can be placed anywhere you like. :)
For the visual effect, I'd place it close to an airport though. ;)
Note that it must be connected by road from your industry, for the freight to be shipped to it.

Okay, that makes much more sense. I know some of the ships for the ports (Oil, for example) don't move, but I couldn't figure out what the difference between the ports, why some were ploppable on land/water and some had to be land only but still had ships.

ksmith

Ripplejet

A few questions.

1: Would it be possible to add a column in your header a link to the main file for each of the seaports?

Version     Seaport Name Lotted by       Lot Size     Stages     Maximum Capacity  File location

This would permit anyone access to the dependency list along with a preview of what each of the seaports looked like.
Along with allowing each end user the ability to just download the required files that were needed for the desired lots.

This of course would also require a dependency list for the files that make the Functional seaports possible.

2: In the custom seaports section (I again assume from the data that) to make different stages it would require a different custom seaport as well.

RippleJet

Quote from: ksmith on November 08, 2010, 08:02:11 AM
1: Would it be possible to add a column in your header a link to the main file for each of the seaports?

Yeah, I know... it's been my intention, but never really got to it...
Maybe I'll get back to it next time there's an update for the seaports. ;)

Quote from: ksmith on November 08, 2010, 08:02:11 AM
2: In the custom seaports section (I again assume from the data that) to make different stages it would require a different custom seaport as well.

It would require you to change the controller (developer exemplar) for that seaport,
and yes, it's nothing I'd recommend, unless you know what you're doing.

JeffCoyote

Quote from: RippleJet on November 19, 2009, 11:19:44 AM
If you want the dependencies for one particular seaport, just tell us which one you want and we'll help you out. ;)

hi ,

please , I'm searching for the dependencies list for Airport Cargo Handling Centre , and Cargo Handling Facility    by BarbyW ,a part of BSC Functional Seaports , but  I don' t want all seaports in my plugins folder , so if someone can give it to me , it would be nice ,

I've noticied the enabler , and all in the read me to avoid CTD and all problems ... 

thanks  ...

PS : SC4Tool has found this list but some are missing :
couldn't find all data

pepsibottle1

Quick question here: Is it required to have all the canal tidbits or can I just disable or delete the seaports that use the canal ends? To be honest, I'm a bit new to the game and the whole canal system is modular, which really confuses the heck out of me and is frustrating because some pieces do not completely blend into certain areas. I'd really like to remove all of the canal stuff if it is not necessary. BTW, wonderful mod in all respects. You have outdone yourselves yet again
I love Simcity 4!

Lowkee33

You can disable (by deleting) the seaports that you do not want.  The enablers are found in plugins\x-ports\seaports, and you can delete none/some/all of them.  This mod was actually designed for this (smart people).

Basically the issue with seaports is that they all need to be defined by the same file (BSCFunctionalSeaports Version x).  For user friendliness, all of the seaports are then disabled in that file.  The enablers re-enable them so that we can pick and choose what we want.

I too was very confused by this mod at first.  It doubled my plugin folder as well.  Fortunately, it also comes with 9 custom seaports (whos enablers are found in Lex downloads\x-ports\seaports).  These are blank seaports that can be lotted as you want.

JeffCoyote

Quote from: JeffCoyote on November 27, 2010, 04:41:15 PM
hi ,

please , I'm searching for the dependencies list for Airport Cargo Handling Centre , and Cargo Handling Facility    by BarbyW ,a part of BSC Functional Seaports , but  I don' t want all seaports dependencies in my plugins folder , so if someone can give it to me , it would be nice ,

I've noticied the enabler , and all in the read me to avoid CTD and all problems ... 

thanks  ...

PS : SC4Tool has found this list but some are missing :
couldn't find all data

hmmm ... please , maybe someone can help me to find  dependencies for Airport Cargo Handling Centre , and Cargo Handling Facility    by BarbyW ,

thanks  ...

BarbyW

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

JeffCoyote

Many thanks mr BarbyW for the dependency list ,  :thumbsup:

pepsibottle1

I've got a weird problem with the Grain Mill and Container port. Neither will work with rail for me.
I love Simcity 4!

RippleJet

Quote from: pepsibottle1 on December 15, 2010, 07:26:41 AM
Neither will work with rail for me.

Quite right, they are not modded to accept rail freight.
The railroad is in that respect only eye-candy.
Freight has to be transported to the ports vith trucks.

There's only one port that accepts rail freight, the 10×10 Cargo Handling Facility.
However, if you've read the readme, you've seen the problem with the railroad.
With each upgrade the railroad would be cut off, and you'd have to rebuild it each time.

We didn't want this to be the case with the two ports you mentioned.

pepsibottle1

Yeah, I did know about the CHF but was stumped about the other two ports. Thanks for clearing that up!
I love Simcity 4!

spinmaster

Quote from: luxo_Sc on July 24, 2010, 07:38:58 AM
Hi there!

Well, i have a little problem with the brown boxes (well, is just 1 box).  &mmm

That pic it's from newman rural port diggis. I just checked out the dependencies that i need for the seaports with cleanitol, and i have all of them except the BSCBATProps RT MineCorp Vol01, but i downloaded BSC MEGA Props RT Vol04, following the link below in the description. If someone could help me, i'll be very pleased.  ::)

The seaports are just great by the way!! you deserve aplauses  &apls  &apls

EDIT: Problem solved. I downloaded some bsc and newman deps.

In case anyone else is missing exactly this one thing, it's in BSC MEGA Props Newman Inc Vol02. For me every other port was fine after running through the Cleanitol files; this one dependency doesn't seem to be listed though. Probably is, as a "dependency to a dependency" but not listed as one for the seaport pack directly. Note this file isn't even listed under the Dependency Help area, I got to it by looking for anything Newman, "Newman Inc Prop Pack Vol3" ... which is locked and links to Vol02.

legoman786

I'm having an issue with a seaport (I'll get the name in a few, I should have wrote it down, lol) which upon plopping, causes a CTD.

After reading the extensive FAQ's for both the upgradable airports/seaports (amazing job BTW), I've come to the conclusion that it's not the fact that I have both Peg's and BSC's upgradable seaports installed.

EDIT: It was the SDP Seaport and I didn't read the memo stating that it had to be placed all on land. :\

markussaage

Hi @ all,

I have a problem with die included Oil port... I get the brown box...
I checked all dependencies and found nothing's wrong... Has anyone
an idea what could cause this problem?

Thx for helping...

rooker1

Call me Robin, please.

Unassigned

PEG_CDK--IND_205.dat is a dependency for MrTruesages' seaport.

As issues have been reported with this file, is there a version where these issues are addressed? If not, please give a pointer as to how I could fix it myself.

The issuees I'm aware of are possible prop pox and empty lots problems.

PS: Download link for this file  in Cleanitol_SDP_3.1---4. GetTruesageDependencies.txt yields the SimPeg4 front page.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination