• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Saitama Prefecture - The Port of Japan

Started by kelis, December 08, 2011, 03:25:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelis

Hello guys;

Today I'm here because I need your help. Today I've installed Windows 10, as most of you know there is no way to play the game in the old version, using the CD. I got two copies of Simcity 4 and I can't play... but Okay...in the last months I was using W7 without the last update, so I was able to play the game but my computer worked wrong, so that's why I took the decision to install W10... Now my PC is working really good but now I want to install and play Simcity 4 again, so please can somebody explain me all the possibilities that I have...is there a FREE way to play the game? and if I have to buy it again, What is the best way ?

Thanks for your time my friends
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

M4346

I highly recommend a digital version from either Steam, Origion ir GoG. Check which is currently the cheapest. All three offer really good deals. I think it may be less than $10 on Origin.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

M4346

It's cheapest on Origin. R99 (less than $10 - if at current exchange rate it should be $6). $19.99 on GoG and R214 on Steam.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

art128

Steam: Comes with the Steam software DRM... Some find it intrusive, some don't mind. I've been using this version since 2011, no problems. 9.99€ currently.
Origin: Comes with the Origin software DRM... IIRC you can get a free copy of the game if you email Origin (EA) and tell them you have a valid CD key of the game. 9.99€ on Origin (see email notice)
GoG: Comes with no DRM. You pay, you download the game and you play, nothing more than that. Most people prefer this version since it's basically the CD without the CD. 18.39€ on GoG.

All of these do no require de CD to play of course, and since it's account based you just have to re-DL de game if you change computer etc. (it won't DL the plugins and regions, of course, so you'll have to back them up as usual.)

As far as windows 10 and CD goes.... I think there is a way to do it but I'm not really sure and I might be very wrong. You should look into the thread over at ST http://community.simtropolis.com/forums/topic/68930-windows-update-kb3086255-blocks-sc4-from-starting/ or http://community.simtropolis.com/forums/topic/68542-did-someone-test-playing-simcity-4-on-windows-10/
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

noahclem

nos.17

Actually, if you are really concerned about price, G2A is your place to go... SC4 is currently selling for as little as $4.50 USD, including a full money-back guarantee. You then can redeem the key it gives you via Steam (or Origin, which is about twice the price). I bought my copy of SC4 there months ago and have had no problems.

eugenelavery

You can get a free digital download of the game from Origin, as long as you can prove that you have a legally purchased CD. I just did this myself a few weeks back. Just log into their help room chat and someone will help you.

kelis

• Update #17 || Progress / Handa port & Atayami •

##############################################################################

• Hello guys, I hope everything is going perfect for all of you. Today I want to share with you some pictures to show you my progress in the region. I'm working in the surroundings areas of the Saitama international airport and the Handa Port. Most of the time I'm working creating new low residential areas and farms but also I've started to work in the Handa port and its power plant. As you can expect, these progress are taking me a lot of time but I'm happy with the result so far •

• This area is very populated and highways, national roads and rail ines are everywhere •

• Itayama and villages are surrounded by rice fields. Rice is one of the largest industries in the region •

• The center of Itayami, where you can find the market, city hall and several kind of shops... •

• Moriyama is less populated than Itayami, most of its surface are rice fields. Those villages are fantastic places to live far away of the noise and chaos of the city but perfectly connected by train, roads and highways with the rest of the Saitama Prefecture •

• Green cranes in the entrance of Handa port. This is the oldest Saitama's container terminal, not able to work with large and modern ships •

#####################

~ R - E - P - L - I - E - S ~

#############################################################################

art128 -
Thanks for your advices Arthur ! You're a master in Airports !! I had no idea about the control tower. I always thought they are inside of the airport security area. Thanks again my friend !

Framly - Thanks Framly, it's nice to see you back around here  :thumbsup:

Swordmaster - Thanks Willy !

kbieniu7 - Thanks for your comment my friend, glad you like it. Are you looking for this parking ? http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3015

Gugu3 - Thank you so much again, Gugu !

romualdillo - Gracias amigo. I'm working on the other side, but today you can see some of the villages located in the other side of the airport.

Vizoria - Thanks for your kind comment my friend. I will give you the link of the page, it is a page from South Korea but is a bit hard to find the bats there due de language and the way the page works, anyway I will give you the link, good looks in your search... http://cafe.naver.com/sc4labs

compdude787 -  $%Grinno$% Me too, it is my favourite airplane too. Thanks man  :thumbsup:

M4346 - Thanks my friend for your help. At the end I boutht the Origin version of the game. It works perfectly  :)

noahclem - Thanks Noah !

nos.17 - Thanks for your time and comment. I bought the origin version for a bit more than 9 euro. It works really nice, I don't get the desk crash anymore and now I can use the zoom without problems.

eugenelavery - Thanks for your help my friend.

Greetings / Saludos / Groeten

# Jonathan.
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

feyss

Great work my friend! As said somewhere else, I really like the first and the last picture ;) and the little cemetary looks great too  :thumbsup:

Themistokles

As always, astoundingly beautiful &apls feels like it could have been taken straight out of a Haruki Murakami novel :)

btw, almost all the images from Bassen and the others are gone :'(
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

art128

Some really nice pictures here.... Also some buildings I've never seen before. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

kbieniu7

Thanks for the linkie! :) Indeed, cool photos. I like the market - such a nice detail. The first photo with wind plants along the road is also nice - with this soft, yellowish color tone :)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

manga rivotra

Amazing update ! I love especially the pic 5 with this triangular park which fits perfectly in this Danchi district.  &apls &apls &apls

kelis

• Update #18 || East Enokido Rail Line

##############################################################################

Enokido is a town located between the bay of Saitama and the mountains of Handa. Enokido is a town with around 120.000 inhabitants and it is part of the metropolitan area of Saitama. Today we will visit the East part of Enokido which is mostly a residential zone •

• There are two rail lines going through Enokido. One goes through the center of Enokido and the other one goes through the East part of Enokido. Today we will visit the "East Enokido Rail line" which has some interesting views of this part of Enokido •

• The rail lines run along the Kasumori canal. This canal is used to supply water to this part of Saitama which has a great number of rice fields. As you can see the Kasumori canal is very close to the railways •

• As I said, East Enokido is mostly a residential zone and not just that, Enokido is a old town and some parts still has the old Japanese architecture style, from the train  you can see a lot of these houses, they are made in wood •

The Enokido rail yard is located here. There are coming trains from the south part of Saitama, in this part of Saitama there are a lot of villages and towns and this rail yard serves to all those trains which are operating in this zone of Saitama •

• At the end of the railyard there is also a freight train station. As you can imagine, this station is very important for Enokido and also for Saitama and its production •

• Here in this picture you can see one of the symbols of Saitama, in most of the villages you can find one of those water towers. They were built for a company from Dresden. (BIG THANKS takemethere)

"DIN DON" Welcome to "Jr Enokido East" station, as always the train is on time •

• During the night the trains are still running through the East of this fantastic Japanese town. I hope you enjoy your trip in one of our trains •

~ Greetings from Enokido, Saitama Prefecture ~

#####################

~ R - E - P - L - I - E - S ~

feyss -
Thank you my friend. I hope you enjoy with the new update too.

Themistokles - Thanks for your kind comment, I'm glad that you liked. Yep you're right, I need to replace all of them. Thanks  ;)

art128 - Thank you Arthur !! I hope you enjoy with the new update.

kbieniu7 - Yep, I like the first photo too, I think the wind plants looks very good in the game as well...
now I would like to use them closer to the sea. I have something on my mind, lets see what happen... thanks !

manga rivotra - Thank you so much for the kind comment. I really like that Danchi too, Somy did a great job with them. I hope you enjoy the new update.

Greetings / Saludos / Groeten

# Jonathan.
.                                                                                                                      

kbieniu7

Even though, you're posting shots of quite small area, in fact you're making great updates, because you always provide a little story, explaining the historical or geographical background. That makes your thread more like a photographer's dairy, showing shots taken in real place thousands of kilometeres away!

Btw, may you guide me to the train depot halls, please?  ;D
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

kelis

kbieniu7 - Thanks my friend !! I like this kind of update more focused in just a few things but anyway I have to start to do updates showing more things... let's see what happen with the next updates. Thanks for your comment my friend and good night.

:thumbsup:
.                                                                                                                      

romualdillo

Your last updates are fantastic! Every shot builds a wonderful scene full of details. I've noticed you take most of your pictures during fall, that makes everything look so quiet and peaceful. Keep the good work!!  &apls

Themistokles

This scene looks really great! Both the composition and the attention to details really stand out. :thumbsup:
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

feyss

The train looks realy great just next to the canal  :thumbsup:

FrankU

Quote from: kelis on March 03, 2016, 05:02:50 AM

• Green cranes in the entrance of Handa port. This is the oldest Saitama's container terminal, not able to work with large and modern ships •

Oh Kelis,

I didn't visit your thread for quite a while. Sorry for that!
But your work is still outstanding.  &apls

And.... I have a question: where do these green cranes come form? Please give me a hint or a link?

Frank