• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Saitama Prefecture - The Port of Japan

Started by kelis, December 08, 2011, 03:25:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

Great update! It's a shame Jim's train yard uses BATed rail props that make it really ugly on RRW users though. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Simmer2

Hi Kelis.
Great update  &apls

I would love to get my hands on this train set and the maintenance building on this train yard.

Can you post a link to its location?

Thank you
Simmer2/Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

art128

Props & Texture Catalog

Simmer2

Thanks art.
If I decide to create a new lot with these props where can I link for this lot in order to be a dependency?

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

art128

There is just one thing I'd like to make notice of: Jim didn't think about a modular system when he created the freight yard. As such, the train props actually have BAKED IN railway texture parts. This makes it very very hard to use for RRW users. 

Props & Texture Catalog

Simmer2

Quote from: art128 on March 17, 2016, 11:23:13 AM
There is just one thing I'd like to make notice of: Jim didn't think about a modular system when he created the freight yard. As such, the train props actually have BAKED IN railway texture parts. This makes it very very hard to use for RRW users.

Dang! I just took a quick look with the Reader.
Its all one piece  &ops

Oh well, thanks anyways art  :thumbsup:

Nick

Dantes

Your Update #18 || East Enokido Rail Line is perfect! Trains, trains and Railways  :bnn:
Awesome done!

belfastsocrates

Quote from: Simmer2 on March 17, 2016, 11:29:34 AM
Quote from: art128 on March 17, 2016, 11:23:13 AM

Dang! I just took a quick look with the Reader.
Its all one piece  &ops

Oh well, thanks anyways art  :thumbsup:

Nick

The building is available separately I think, I remember seeing it in Lot Editor

Great update Kelis! :)
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Dantes

An impressive achievement! I like your railroad photos always very happy! I always learn a lot from you! The train station between the narrow houses on the river I like most.

noahclem

Great to see your last updates man, really some enjoyable stuff! Of course I always like rail and port stuff  &apls

Vizoria

Your Japanese scenes are up there with the best Japan-styled CJs and MDs. Well done!

kelis

Hello to all,

It was long time ago since the last time that I've played Simcity 4... This week I was able to play SC4 again and I've started to make a small village located in the bay of Saitama...

I must say that I have a new PC and finally I will be able to make some High quality videos and I`m thinking to update my MD with some pictures from this village and with some videos too... I hope you like it and see you soon.

#Jonathan
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

art128

Great to see some activity around here. Although I have to say RL is always more important than SC. Nice to see you're also using MGB's fantastic convenience stores. They fit really well despite being english styled.

Could you remind me who's the creator of the covered sidewalk props? I don't have them in my plugins anymore and unfortunately I cannot remember who created them.

Props & Texture Catalog

Million

Hi Kelis!
You know that all in your cities is perfect!
Trees, streets, roads, railroads..
You can capture the essence of regions (japanese in this case) like no one!

Greetings!

kbieniu7

Good shot! Hope, that you'll be able to use the improvement of your hardware  :)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

feyss

kelis

• Update #18 || Toba - Bay of Saitama •

##############################################################################

• Toba is a small town located in bay of Saitama. It has a population around 55.000 inhabitants and as most of these villages located in the bay of Saitama it produces rice and fish.
It is located in the South of Handa peninsula, almost where the bay of Saitama begins. From Toba you can reach the new Saitama's airport very Quickly because is located nearby and since the last year is also possible reach Kawasaki easily due the new Tunnel that cross the bay of Saitama and connects Kawasaki with Handa Peninsula. •

• Towns like Toba are very popular in the last years, why ? It's quite simple. Here you can find all you need to have a normal life...the transport is perfectly connected with all parts of Saitama and the rest of Japan but life here is much simpler and easier than a chaotic urban area...•

• Yes, Toba is also connected with the rest of the Prefecture by train. Trains are really important in Japan and every single village of town must have their railway lines and stations. You can reach from Toba using the train one of the Saitama's central stations in 1 hour more or less... •

The noise from the trains is part of the city, there are trains crossing the city and reaching the train station during all day, there are some trains at night too •

• There is nothing really important or special in this town, standard layouts for roads and buildings. Everything has to be efficient here. [In the center of those pictures you can see the city hall]

• Toba is also connected by the Highways system of Saitama. •

• Some of the streets and areas of Toba, as I said is a quiet and normal location of the metropolitan area Saitama

• This is the port of Toba. Its and old port and in the past most imporant part of this town. Today the port is used by the inhabitants of Toba and it has not an important role in trade of the prefecture, but in the past this port was important to bring fresh fish to a big number of person in this area when the transport system was not that good... anyway the Toba's port is very popular among people of this small town and they love to visit it every day to buy some fresh fish or get some of the ferries to go somewhere in the Prefecture...•

• Students and workers, the trains are filled with them and they come from city center every single night... •

• The natural barrier that protects the bay of Saitama from big waves makes it possible to built all those big and small ports along the shore. As you can see the protections are not really large. This also affects the number of inhabitants, making possible more urbanization areas along the bay

• Thanks for your visit and I hope you enjoy this update about TOBA  :)

#####################

~ R - E - P - L - I - E - S ~

#############################################################################

art128 -
Thanks my friend, I hope you can enjoy with this update as always  :thumbsup:

Million - Muchas gracias amigo. Thanks for your comment and I hope you enjoy this update too.

kbieniu7 - I will !! I want to share a video as soon as I can. Thanks for your comment  :thumbsup:

feyss - Today you can see more  $%Grinno$%

#############################################################################

Greetings / Saludos / Groeten

# Jonathan.
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

kbieniu7

Well... Great shots as always, as I always says ;) Small towns are always much more quite and easier to live there, with no chaos... even though Japan for me is always a never-ending chaos  :D
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Gugu3

Million

Of Course I enyoyed it!

This new update is amazing again. Shipyard is the match point! But also the blue lights (and other colours), those little houses and all of the beauty details that your cities have and captures the essence of places, Japan in this case.

Congratulations again!