• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AntigOne's Projects: Elsewhere.

Started by Badsim, January 17, 2007, 02:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badsim

Hello from Champclause , at last finished a few hours ago after 2 weeks of SC4 inactivity ( No motivation mainly  &mmm ) ... A new farm has been added at the T road intersection , using some MBear's BATs ( resized with a factor of 0.8 ) , I've  also added landscaping details almost everywhere and used my brand new sheep MMP from jestarr ( I can now plop them in more serried rows , like I want and like sheep themselves want to be !  :P ) .

Replies and full set should be ready in a few days ...  ;)

Cédric .

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Delecto

But ... it's a real armada of sheep at the bottom left.  ??? They will invade Champclause in the next update???  :D  ::)

Fantastic Cédric, comme toujours!

Sam.

Girafe

These sheeps are eating my bushes  :angrymore: :angrymore: :angrymore:
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Badsim

Quote from: Girafe on October 08, 2011, 02:07:20 PM
These sheeps are eating my bushes  :angrymore: :angrymore: :angrymore:

Yep !!!  ()stsfd() ... and they thank you warmly : they're delicious !  ;D

Samuel & Antoine , at least those sheeps are glad to know they interest you ...  :thumbsup:

Well , one thing always brings in mind another one , that's how things work : I'm still not ready to post Champclause's big update .

Firstly , I was working to add details , like here , the sheeps herder and his dogs ...

...when I planned a shelter ( not a sheepfold ) for these sheeps , using a BAT from Roulback (TSC Team) : a medieval corn exchange , availble at Toutsimcities' stock exchange :

Then , I thought it would be interesting to use Jeroni's culvert as ancient water trough but I've had several problems to solve to do so ; firstly I found that old BAT truly outdated ( oversized and badly textured ... ) so my first work on it has been to reduce it half its original sizes with SC4ModelTweaker .
On these two pictures from LE (Before/After) , you can see how to reduce a model can also improve its texture quality :

Before ,

After ,

Well , being satisfied enough with that result , I decided to go further when I've had to face another problem : you can see on that other picture what kind of result you get , using the smallest version ( x 0,5 ) of Jeroni's ploppable dirty water :

For those who are following and reading attentively this MD , you surely remember how I have already reduced one of the 3 models ( x0,5 , x1 , x2 ) of Jeroni's ploppable dirty water and modified the corresponding MMP properties to get that result for a narrow stream :

I took that occasion to experiment the smallest possible version of those ploppable waters . In fact , the limits are determined by the MMP properties : the minimum spacing between two items ( the 11th rep. of the  kSC4FloraParametersProperty ... ) and playing with SC4MT & IliveReader , I finally get that result :

Ladies & gentlemen  , this is the most narrow stream ( that you can drag with a MMP) never seen :

The purpose of that demonstration isn't to show there my incredible cleverness  :D , but the VIP Team being currently working about realistic ploppable waters , like the River Kit : http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13853.0 , it could be interesting to release as well something like shown there , with completely new models ...

Waiting for your opinions , I'm going back to my interminable landscaping works ...  >:D

Cédric .

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Jmouse

Cédric, you have made an elegant and super-realistic change in SC4, and the game will never be the same. Every photo you post is over the top, off the charts and absolutely stunning.

We all have a vision of how we want our region to look, and I'm so glad you are sharing your vision with us.
-Joan

rambuckel

Those Pictures are incredibly beautiful. It was just yesterday when I met a shepherd with hundreds of sheep on the meadows while I was riding. I'm sure he would love your pictures as well.

- rambuckel
Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

Kergelen

Always something new here!! That's so realistic and nice... I like the trunks and dogs :thumbsup:

Links to SC4 websites

Ol.S / Benoit

A lot of details and again an amazing work ! :)
This narrow stream looks good.
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

Orange_o_

All these details become almost commonplace at home .... $%Grinno$%

Once again you amaze me with so much work.  &apls

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

Badsim

Overview of that huge construction site that Champclause keeps on to be ...

Full size (1280x1024 / 1Mo ) available here:

Some works behind the scene :

1 – Pinus Sylvestris from Orange_o_   ( link for download available in his BAT thread here , at SC4Devotion ) . They did have all the same height , by resizing them all , I've got now a nice & useful gradient .

2 – Grey Rocks from murimk ( STEX ) ... Truly , their sizes weren't serious . Resized a lot so ( several times , and a final factor of  about 0.4 or less , I didn't note all my tests and corrections ) . They're now  essential items among my landscaping ones .

3 – Beach Logs from C.P. ( LEX , BSC MEGA Props - CP Vol01 ) . These old MMP props were oversized & outdated , now they're reduced to half their original sizes , that's a lot better ...

4 - Hay props from HunD88 ( STEX / Grain Field ) . This prop was created to represent various cereal plants , I didn't find it good for that , but once I've resized it & turned it into a MMP , I've gave it a new life ...

5 - Hay Bales from Orange_o_ . Nothing else to do with them than to build a new MMP ... they match perfectely with his HD tractor ( Class Arion 640 ) & compacting press ( Class Quadrant ) which are some of the best rural props ever created ...

And a few pictures showing the use of these new toys & jewels :

Quote from: Jmouse on October 10, 2011, 08:43:47 PM
Cédric, you have made an elegant and super-realistic change in SC4, and the game will never be the same. Every photo you post is over the top, off the charts and absolutely stunning.

We all have a vision of how we want our region to look, and I'm so glad you are sharing your vision with us.
-Joan

You're absolutely right Joan ... and I can specify that never by the past , I've had such clear vision that the one I've with Champclause . That's a hard workload but I won't give up until Champclause has became my absolute masterpiece . ;)

As SC4ModelTweaker from Cogeo is now an indissociable tool of my SC4 work , I invite you to visit and support Cogeo's thread about the new version of SC4MT he's working on . http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=7553.0

rambuckel , Kergelen , Benoit , thanks for your comments .  :thumbsup:

David , comme tu peux le constater , j'ai beaucoup de travail ( de re-dimensionnements de modèles , d'Occupant Sizes , et de nouveaus MMPs ) et j'ai donc décidé de me consacrer à fond sur Champclause  (sinon je ne m'en sortirai jamais ! ) ,avant d'avoir à expérimenter  les eaux ploppables VIP à venir , sur un autre city tile ... je serais alors plus présent à nouveau sur le forum VIP . Aies confiance !  :P

Cédric .

Air6

Truly wonderful ! The overview of Champclause show the amount of work that you have accomplished. Your absence in our guinea fowl's house is completely justified.

chester

i have lurked in this thread for so long that I'm starting to feel guilty! i just have to say that these are some of the most beautiful pictures i have ever seen in the game. the work that you and many other creators contribute to the game has completely changed it. i love it! thanks :)

Sciurus

That's just excellent and amzing man! &apls &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Girafe

Amazing work  &apls &apls

Thanks for sharing all these pictures and your backstage and the way you achieve these fabulous landscapes  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

FrankU

Bonjour Cédric,

Tous les images sont superbe!

But I have some questions about the props. I see some very fine tractors and machines, but I can't find them in any prop pack that I search for. Also I see in your last image a food storage: the diagonal concrete object with the black tarp and the tires. Can you please tell me if they are available to me and if yes, where I can find them?

Thanks in advance,
Frank

Girafe

@ Franku

The tractors are private props from David, for time they are not available.

For the black tarp and tires I think it's a private prop of Vincent and not available too.
The Floraler

noahclem

Champclause is really looking beautiful!  &apls  Excellent work on everything!

Orange_o_

Quote from: Girafe on October 16, 2011, 07:20:52 AM
@ Franku

For the black tarp and tires I think it's a private prop of Vincent and not available too.

no it's mine  $%Grinno$%

Many things are in my production and will be included in the Agripack, however small these models are time consuming to be as realistic as possible.

Cedric makes them beautiful, but normally you can do the same  :thumbsup:

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

FrankU

Hi Girafe and Orange_o_,

Probably you know that I am working on a set of Dutch farm lots.
Somehow I feel that I started too early or with the wrong dependencies. I see many nice props that you will release some day. I am also waiting for the props mrbisonm is making for me. Maybe I should start from scratch when your props are finished?
I don't know what your plans are, but if you intend to release the props within short time, maybe I can get a sneak preview of the pack? Perhaps I insert the props into my farms?