• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AntigOne's Projects: Elsewhere.

Started by Badsim, January 17, 2007, 02:14:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gn_leugim

I have to add to my "to do list" the changing of MMPs properties :O

sunv123

Now I really want to do things with MMPs, maybe a recreation? Maybe someplace in the Appalachian mountains, maybe even the Pacific Northwest. I'll have to think about that.......

Always fascinated by your work, keep it up! ()stsfd()
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

noahclem

Wow, beautiful work once again  :o   Excellent work on the modding and pictures and a very happy 2013 to you!

Swordmaster

Wow, Cédric. Once again you prove who's the master here. Art!

Cheers
Willy

Kergelen

What I like more is your great imagination using the MMP and how you combine them. &apls &apls

Links to SC4 websites

Girafe

Looks brillant!  &apls &apls

I think I can stop batting, tweaker will be enough 
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

rambuckel

I wish I had your skills with all those columns of numbers ;D I'm just getting nervous when I see all those numbers in any of those little nice programs :D

But I'm glad you have all those skills as these pictures illustrate realism and I'm really stoked :)

Thanks for sharing those impressions!
Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

Badsim

Quote from: Girafe on January 16, 2013, 09:42:47 AM

I think I can stop batting, tweaker will be enough 

Certainly not !  $%Grinno$%

Comeback to Champclause , just for a moonset ...

Ennedi's cloudy background + Gizmo's weather LOTs ( clouds ) + Xannepan's aurora MOD = this , certified free of any photoshopping ... hard to believe .  &apls

At the same time , I've downloaded Wou.'s ( So glad to have you back among us Steph.  :) ) latest SC4Mapper version , and after have spent several year drooling for terrific maps while SC4Mapper and Terraformer stubbornly refused to work on my machine , I've been finally able to render a first « HD » map from dobdriver ( Cathlamet ) . Considering these events , plus the next NAM release ( I feel most of all concerned by draggable FAR ) I don't see how to resist to launch a Yellowstone's project .  As soon as I'll have defined the most proper area ( i.e. interesting with reasonable sizes at the same time )  , I'll send a map request  to dobdriver .

http://www.youtube.com/v/GsowRzLf8WU

Coming soon ?  ;D

Thanks for your supportive comments !

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

mave94

Those scenes look great indeed, ... and without any photoshopping! :thumbsup:

-Matthijs

tb7

Great pics, badsim!

@girafe: no! no! we still need your skills!!!  :)

benedict

Good grief, the last few updates have been wonderful. And if anyone can figure out how to replicate that amazing pool in SC4, it's you!
Click on the banner to celebrate!

noahclem

Beautiful moonset pictures  &apls  Xannepan's new toys are certainly a bit of fun.

The Yellowstone project sounds promising indeed! But watch out for super-volcanoes  ;)

Badsim

Thanks Matthijs , tb7 and Noah .  ;)

Hi Benedict ,

Although I'm not following systematically your statistics , I know that's a lot of work so I have to thank you for that , and , most of all , because it means that you have a good knowledge ( surely better than mine due to lack of time ) of all MDs/CJs around here and at ST. ,  your comments and support are highly appreciated here . I'm glad that you enjoy the Yellowstone's project , but the road to Yellowstone is gonna be long , very long ...  $%Grinno$% for the time being , I'm experimenting what's possible in a snowy ( and seasonal ) sandbox , as the following pictures are going to show .  :thumbsup:

While SC4 is a 10 y.o. game , I'm still overwhelmed by tasks to do and I don't think that the 10 next years will be enough ...  &cry2 Furthermore , I spend too much time with SC4 and saturation phases occur more and more often . Unfortunately ( for me ... ) Xannepan and his Jupiter MOD has opened new and irresistible perspectives . This weather controller would deserve to be improved   , but , fortunately , it is easily customizable . I'll post suggestions later at Alex's thread ... He's already elsewhere anyway . $%Grinno$%

First thing was to study the .dat file with ILiveReader : to get rid of the red markers , there's only 3 FSH files to remove  . Then , seeing that the LOT contains 11 Effect props ( one per month of the year excepted July ) , just have had to remove August and June Effects to get rid of  tornadoes . If you plop several Jupiter's LOTs , you get multiplied weather effects , quite  good result for snowstorms during December January and February , but multiplication of thunderstorms during March and October is quickly terrible , for the ears notably ... multiplication of rain showers during April , November and with rainbows for September works quite well ... my customization of weather  controller consists of 3 Jupiter LOTs having both december , january , february , april ,  may , september and november Effects . I've added march to the second , october to the third ... « How is the weather where you live ? » Quite pleasant now , would I say  ...  ;D

I could spend hours just looking at the snow and thunderstorms ... don't you ? Weather in SC4  was just a dream , a few weeks ago . Now the question is ; what are we going to do with that ? I hope that it will stimulate BATers to produce snowy version of their BATs and props  , like they're already doing for MAXIS/DarkNite versions .  ::)

Let me start snowy theme enrichment with that first ( and modest ) contribution  : VIP Snow Theme Pack 01 .

Maybe some of you will remember these trees from Orange_o_ , shown there 2 years ago . They have been BATed 3 years ago in fact , i.e. a lot before seasonal MMPs MODding came out , and , since , Girafe has set up a new standard for flora quality , so they haven't been uploaded ;

So , this what I've got now in my hands and plugins :

VIP_Or_Aesculus seasonal snowy winters MMP . 6 Models .

VIP_Grfe Pines seasonal snowy winters MMP . 4 Models .

VIP_Or_Fagus seasonal snowy winters MMP . 5 Models .

VIP_Grfe_Birches seasonal snowy winters MMP . 5 Models .

VIP_Vnaoned Trees seasonal snowy winters MMP . 7 Models .

VIP_Or_Corylus & Pteridium seasonal snowy winters MMP . 2 Models .

VIP_Vnaoned HD seasonal Skiers MMP . 13 Models .

While seasonal trees have to be planted , as usual , on the 1st of September , skiers will be plopped on the 1st of December and will last 3 months , replaced by an invisible model during spring/summer/fall .

A few pictures from my sandbox.. errr.. snowbox... err ... seasonalbox !  :P

I've tested some other things ; snow covered ground  with Jupiter looks quite good  , but I have had finally to install Pegasus' Snow Mod 2 to use his seasonal ski base lodge ( re-LOTed ) , then , plopable snows by Rayden ( LEX) have been tested  because the "Dirty Snow"  item ( after resizing and MMP new MODding  ) seems to offer interesting possibilities  ;

... and this the result , again certified free from any photoshoping :

Let it snow indeed ! ;D

VIP Snow Theme Pack 01 , is in our DropBox ,  waiting for scrutineering and packaging from Antoine ( or someone else ... ) before upload ... so stay tuned ! Antoine , if you want to export a snowy version of your MaplesV2 , NorwayMaples , Oaks , Bushes , Ashes and Lindens , Lupines and Berries ; I would be vey pleased to MOD and add them ...

Thanks for your visit . :thumbsup:

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

vortext

The weather mod is incredible indeed. I've spend way too much time playing around with it than I'd like to admit.  ;D

Nice job rescaling the older tree models, they seems to fit rather well. The snowy scenes are very good!

Quote from: Badsim on January 27, 2013, 09:03:55 AM
Antoine , if you want to export a snowy version of your MaplesV2 , NorwayMaples , Oaks , Bushes , Ashes and Lindens , Lupines and Berries ; I would be vey pleased to MOD and add them ...

I wholeheartedly second this!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

jmyers2043

Quote from: Badsim on January 27, 2013, 09:03:55 AM
... and this the result , again certified free from any photoshoping :

Wonderful pictures. Thank you for sharing.

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

rooker1

Breath taking once again my friend!

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

gn_leugim

I am almost drowning on my onw drooling  :thumbsup:

Kergelen

Impressive modding. Fantastic winter pictures and the dirty snow fits very well. &apls

Edit: You always go one step further. Thanks for the explanations about weather controller.
Just curiosity: Is Vnaoned still active or you have his models from time ago?

Links to SC4 websites

MTT9

Looks amazing! After seeing this and with nam 31 around the corner i think the real sim city 5 is already among us :)
You can call me Matt

Girafe

Tu ne serais pas un peu foufou toi  ::)

I am not planing to export former flora with snow liveries. I tried with the birches (a request from Noah) but I never imagined it was so long to do  &mmm

I checked a little bit the set, it's working nice.  :thumbsup:

You have a slight bug with the icons. Always the same problem with the nomenclature but for STEX it's ok ^^.

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    *