• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM 31.1 Technical Support and Bug Report Thread

Started by Tarkus, April 16, 2013, 12:43:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

memo

I don't see the problem. What do you mean, Steve?

z

Well, now that you mention it, I guess those aren't indentations in the road - it's just crosswalks around it, which wouldn't be a bug.  It's one of those foreground/background illusion things; it just looks funny at first.

godtrams

@ 'Z': That's what I thought, too ??? and yes, I still belive it is/was the actual 31.1 downloaded three-four days ago. Before installing, I've deleted meticulous any old NAM-files in my plugin-folder except the eurotextures which I've deselected during custom installation (all additional buildings etc leaved in). All pedmall, coloured sidestreets highway-gateways/crosses etc. where gone - but the cities kept on going :thumbsup: I'm going to sort and clear-out my whole plugin folder today *heureka* and for that I'll redownload and install the NAM after finishing this post ;). I sure will post if something has changed regarding the lamps on the brigde (and/or any 'interesting' issue else I'm near to sure that it is not based on my nescience or fail ()stsfd())

@jdenm8: Yes! (I still belive it is/was the actual 31.1 downloaded three-four days ago)

You're impressive - in service, answearingtime(s) and of course your excellent work "Done with the NAM"!

Pueffi

Hello everybody,
every time a new NAM release is uploaded, I can't wait to install it and enjoy your great work.
My issue is a more cosmetic one:
I have installed the "Hamburg Euro Road Textures" and the turning lane modds for roads and avenues.
In existing cities, the road turning lanes show up, but after overriding the road crossings with the road tool, they disappear. The avenue turning lanes show up correctly still after overriding them.
The Hamburg textures showed up after renaming the z__nam folder to y__nam and placing the "Hamburg"-files into my z__z-folder where I use to place all the non-NAM modds. But that doesn't work for the "zzz1_NAM_Euro_Textures_Turning_Lanes_Roads" file.
I should mention that I use the "generic" plugin folder only for installation purposes, then dat-pack everything to the plugin folder I use for playing the game.
Is my issue caused by using the dat packer or is this a general problem?

MandelSoft

^ Have you installed the Euro Textures included in the NAM installer or the ones I uploaded months ago?
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Pueffi

Oh- I know what you mean.  I installed the NAM-textures distributed with NAM 31.1. The "zzz1_NAM_Euro_Textures_Turning_Lanes_Roads" file I added later from an earlier version of your texture modd, trying to fix the turning lane problem by myself. I thought maybe some textures where missing and tried to use the old ones.
I will install NAM 31.1 again, delete all manually placed files and report my findings.

Pueffi

After uninstalling and reinstalling NAM 31.1 and checking my plugin folder if there is any other mod file that could conflict with NAM I started the game with the generic non-datpacked plugin folder, road turning lanes still don't show up.
The NWM Hamburg textures showed up after moving the z3_NWM_Euro...Hamburg-files to my z__z-folder  .
So it can't be the datpacker.
I think it would be nice if anyone else would report his/her experiences with costumized EURO-NAM textures.

MandelSoft

I think the installer has screwed up loading order a bit. I think that will be fixed ;)
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Pueffi

Thanx for yor fast reply. I hope it's not to enoying for you to answer all these questions  :)

z

If I understand you correctly, your problem is with the road turning lanes - existing ones disappear if you redraw the roads drawn in previous versions of the NAM.  This is due to the fact that the implementation of these turning lanes was changed for NAM 30.  You need to plop a single rail tile in the intersection to enable them.  Doing this will bring them back in places where they have disappeared, and then redrawing the roads will not affect the turning lanes.  (As of NAM 31.2, it's going to be a single OWR tile so as to fix a bug with the stoplights.)

Other than that, selecting the Hamburg textures appears to produce the desired results on a clean system.  Are you having any other problems with these?

Opkl

Again sorry if this issue has already been discussed but the maxis rail and avenue have missing paths when dragged under a L1 diagonal 6C segment. Haven't tried to see if other networks are affected though.

Tarkus

Quote from: Opkl on May 18, 2013, 12:37:44 AM
Again sorry if this issue has already been discussed but the maxis rail and avenue have missing paths when dragged under a L1 diagonal 6C segment. Haven't tried to see if other networks are affected though.

Nope.  It hasn't been discussed, and I've just confirmed it as #152.  I also found #153 in the process of confirming it.  I'm hoping to get those two plus #146 out of the way before we release 31.2.  I'd fix more, but we don't want the "where's my MHW custom interchanges?" folks to reach a fever pitch.

-Alex

Pueffi

@z:Damn, you're right! I have to read your guides more carefully! Turning lanes on road crossings show up where I want to. That's brilliant. And finding a solution  with the Hamburg textures by myself I'm fine now.  I didn't recognize any missing textures, pathes or other oddities. And I take the blame for my mixed up plugin folders. 10000 files in 2000  folders sometimes are hard to handle  &mmm .
But something weird left: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-tyKK_rtdx6g/UZjU56XX1yI/AAAAAAAAABo/uJI-Dd4I9kM/s800/bridge%2520over%2520troubled%2520water%2520%2528800x500%2529.jpg
Using the high elevated rail bridge, the ground textures of the alternate implementation show up, but that' another story.
Thank you for taking your time.

z

Quote from: Pueffi on May 19, 2013, 06:00:26 AM
But something weird left: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-tyKK_rtdx6g/UZjU56XX1yI/AAAAAAAAABo/uJI-Dd4I9kM/s800/bridge%2520over%2520troubled%2520water%2520%2528800x500%2529.jpg
Using the high elevated rail bridge, the ground textures of the alternate implementation show up...

Yes, I noticed that too, but wasn't sure if was just me.  Time to file a bug report...

roadgeek

Quote from: roadgeek on April 30, 2013, 12:43:03 AM
I don't know if this has been reported yet, but I noticed a texture glitch on one of the rotations of L1 RHW 6C over OWR; the other three look fine. I will try to post a pic.

Well, I tried to grab a snapshot, but I couldn't duplicate the issue.
I did notice strange things when I tried L2 X L1 DXD for both RHW-6C and RHW-8S.
I will post a pic when I have more time to figure out how.

spot

DJJ81087, I had the same problem even with the old NAM. What worked for me was having the old LBT prop packs and the newer Mega packs.

Tarkus

The disappearance of the Maxis Custom Highway Interchanges button is fixed on our end.  You'll be able to use them again with NAM 31.2.

Quote from: roadgeek on May 21, 2013, 07:49:49 PM
Quote from: roadgeek on April 30, 2013, 12:43:03 AM
I don't know if this has been reported yet, but I noticed a texture glitch on one of the rotations of L1 RHW 6C over OWR; the other three look fine. I will try to post a pic.

Well, I tried to grab a snapshot, but I couldn't duplicate the issue.
I did notice strange things when I tried L2 X L1 DXD for both RHW-6C and RHW-8S.
I will post a pic when I have more time to figure out how.

There are some funky things going on when dragging RHW networks under diagonal 6Cs.  That issue's been reported, and I'm looking into it.

-Alex

Wiimeiser

Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Tarkus

Quote from: Wiimeiser on May 23, 2013, 12:36:13 AM
Just in case no one noticed, I think the OWR curve error is really serious...

From what I can tell, it only occurs in a particularly rare situation.  Certainly something to look into going forward, but not critical.  It's also worth noting that those OWR curves actually work with the new Draggable WRC method for NAM 31, further minimizing any issue there.

-Alex