• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM 31.1 Technical Support and Bug Report Thread

Started by Tarkus, April 16, 2013, 12:43:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smartbylaw

It seems that the bridge for RHW 10S has still not been fixed (or even acknowledged as I have seen). Here are two pictures with paths. Any suggestions for remedies? Is there already a fix?

Thanks,
SBL

freshballin365

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I'm having trouble orienting the RHW 8C Orth-FAR transition piece. Thanks for all your work guys!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/51/vannuysmar4001369472472.jpg/

Wiimeiser

Is it a problem with the preview? Also, is your game RHD or LHD?
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

freshballin365

Quote from: Wiimeiser on May 25, 2013, 09:13:02 AM
Is it a problem with the preview? Also, is your game RHD or LHD?

@Wilmeiser. My game is RHD. I'm not sure what you mean by preview. For some reason, I can't layout the piece on the left to connect with the one on the right.

smartbylaw

Quote from: Tarkus on May 25, 2013, 12:13:39 AM
It's been fixed on our end.  We're not distributing "fixes" between releases.  The only remedy is to wait for NAM 31.2.

-Alex
Oh okay! Sorry for reporting an issue that has been resolved. Hopefully NAM 31.2 comes soon.

Wiimeiser

Quote from: freshballin365 on May 25, 2013, 10:17:30 AM
For some reason, I can't layout the piece on the left to connect with the one on the right.
Try placing them in the other order.

MandelSoft

Known and solved on our end. The old FARHW models sill steem to be included in this livery...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

k808j

Something else I noticed. Dealay's BSC Regional Counter.dat freezes the game after I installed NAM 31.1. I had to close the box instead of tracking the city in the beginning in order to play. Has this happened to anyone else? Does the file's age (2005) have anything to do with it?

L i s t e n  T o  O u r  F a m o u s  T h e m e
http://www.supload.com/listen?s=PVfnXk">We Are Borg

feyss

Quote from: MandelSoft on May 29, 2013, 10:04:46 AM
Known and solved on our end. The old FARHW models sill steem to be included in this livery...

Thanks. I have new questions.

I'm trying to make a two-level highway but 7.5 meter bridge above RHW don't exists (C) and transition between ground and 7,5 meter RHW bridge don't exist either (D). Would those pieces come in the next update ?

Also, why it's not possible to put a RHW bridge above an avenue-bridge transition (A) although I can do it with a road bridge (B) ?

Thanks.  :)

APSMS

I'm not sure about C (I thought I saw it in the lineup of overpass pieces, but I haven't gotten around to using the 7.5m network yet).

About D, you need to use the flex on-slope transition to 7.5m El-RHW. The RHW-6S will override the RHW-2 base; presto! 7.5m RHW-6S.

I suspect D has much more to do with the increased complexity of the avenue network and the extra modeling/texturing that comes with trying to make such a puzzle piece for all the possible combinations. Perhaps an one-way road solution would be more appropriate? (though I'm not sure if that puzzle piece exists either, to be honest)
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

z

Quote from: k808j on May 29, 2013, 03:31:28 PM
Something else I noticed. Dealay's BSC Regional Counter.dat freezes the game after I installed NAM 31.1. I had to close the box instead of tracking the city in the beginning in order to play.

What version of Windows are you running, and what are your hardware specs?  Have you installed the 4GB patch?

QuoteDoes the file's age (2005) have anything to do with it?

It shouldn't.

Wiimeiser

You can use the Avenue ramps with OWR but the textures won't match up and there's no inside ramps. FLEXRamps could be a possible solution in the future.

memo

For (A), use the Avenue-T-Onslope piece as on the opposite side and connect it to the avenue. To remove the intersection, drag rail across it so that you get a railroad crossing. Demolish the rail tracks, but not the avenue. Afterwards, you should be able to drag RHW across the avenue.

feyss

Quote from: APSMS on May 29, 2013, 06:55:22 PM
I'm not sure about C (I thought I saw it in the lineup of overpass pieces, but I haven't gotten around to using the 7.5m network yet).

About D, you need to use the flex on-slope transition to 7.5m El-RHW. The RHW-6S will override the RHW-2 base; presto! 7.5m RHW-6S.

Very nice. I didn't know this piece. Thanks :thumbsup:

Quote from: memo on May 30, 2013, 05:09:28 AM
For (A), use the Avenue-T-Onslope piece as on the opposite side and connect it to the avenue. To remove the intersection, drag rail across it so that you get a railroad crossing. Demolish the rail tracks, but not the avenue. Afterwards, you should be able to drag RHW across the avenue.

It work. Thank you.  :)

Kitsune

has this been covered ... the l1 to l2 MIS ramp seems unstable compared to the others. You have to drag the MIS out atleast 5 tiles at either end to get it work, even if you book-end it with starters.
~ NAM Team Member

k808j

@ Z- Win 7, Intel T2050@1.6 Ghz, 3 gb mem, 32 bit with 4mb patch applied.

L i s t e n  T o  O u r  F a m o u s  T h e m e
http://www.supload.com/listen?s=PVfnXk">We Are Borg

z

Quote from: k808j on June 01, 2013, 07:22:48 PM
@ Z- Win 7, Intel T2050@1.6 Ghz, 3 gb mem, 32 bit with 4mb patch applied.

Since you're running 32-bit Windows 7, the 4 GB patch isn't sufficient by itself to do anything.  (I assume you didn't really mean 4mb.)  Instead, you additionally have to run the file Patch32.bat in the attached file, and it must be run as Administrator.  There is a slight possibility that this will cause instability on your system; if it does, run the enclosed file Unpatch32.bat, also as Administrator.

Shingure

Hello,

I've been having issues with the Wide Turn on the Maxis highways as well as the interchanges. When I go to that menu option and click it all that displays is a red arrow and no options to plop either the 45 degree wide turn radius Maxis highway piece of any of the custom interchanges.