• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Blue Floydshire - Stuff... - 10th Dec

Started by Sheep49, September 15, 2008, 11:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheep49

Gosh, I'm having a bad feeling that this MD is slowly decasing... I'm sorry, I'll try to re-animate it, but I'm not sure if I can. Any suggestions on what can I build, make, or whatether, please write to me on MSN, or either write the PM to me. Second is preferable ;)

Happier theme: ANOTHER STUPID PIC IN THE COMPETITION!

Votes go here.

See you, and don't forget about constructive criticism. Anywhere you are. :D
Piotr
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

jmdude1

hi sheep, you have a nice md here, i think if you add some more pics youll do well. for instance, where does this canal go? it looks great here (and in the competition) but i would like to see more of it. also, you have some good close ups of your city, how about zooming out a bit, like in your mosaic. this would give people a better sense of whats happening in your city. keep on working on it, it looks great so far.

Schulmanator

That bridge thing is AWESOME! Where did you get it/did you make it? Sweeter than a bucket o' snickers bars!  &apls
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

metarvo

Try an update.  I'll give you some hints, although I don't want to sound like I'm making requests.  I just hate to see an MD die.  You could showcase a few key intersections in the Highgate Waters area, for instance.  Show pictures of a neighborhood.  Since that's a power line ()stsfd(), you could show where that area gets its power from.  I'm just laying my 2 cents on the table.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Sheep49

This update has nothing to do with last teaser. It's just a random thing, I decided to show you.

You may want to ask yourself a question, why is there pause thing in the frame? Well, because it's the coat of arms of Islington. It doesn't meant that author is too lazy to edit it off in photoshop :P

See you later!
Piotr

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

art128

great update my friend  :thumbsup: nice colors in the trees  &apls
Just two things, the gird ! press "G" before taking picture  ;)
and I can ask you to use that http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=18680 to remove the yellow pause thing  ;)
Arthur

Props & Texture Catalog

praiodan

Quote from: Sheep49 on November 02, 2008, 03:33:53 AMYou may want to ask yourself a question, why is there pause thing in the frame? Well, because it's the coat of arms of Islington. It doesn't meant that author is too lazy to edit it off in photoshop :P

Good one, Piotr!  :D

Nice pictures... though I concur with Arthur, you should consider to turn of the grid... and maybe turn up the city's level of details - the pictures look a bit dead without any sims or cars on the streets  &mmm

metarvo

This is a fine update indeed.  However, I do agree with Praiodan that you should turn the city detail and cars/sims to "High" before taking pics.  On the other hand, I believe that this is an MD with real potential.  I do look forward to the next update, Piotr. :thumbsup:
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.

south park

great update my friend but the yellow pause is not beautiful !! &mmm
cairo and tropicalia (my cities) on tsc:
http://toutsimcity.com/forums.php?viewthread=441267

bat

Nice pictures there of your city! Great suburb area...

Looking forward to more... ;)

jmdude1

that is a nice looking neighbourhood with lots of trees, and theres a bit of that canal again....always good to see.

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

kbieniu7

Very nice, finally :P It would be better with no playing in photoshop :P
And turn off pause and grid while taking photos :P
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Sheep49

I'm very angry. Very, very angry. My PC is broken. And I mean seriously: broken. My dog was running through the whole flat, but when he was in my room, he didn't stop, and he ran exactly at my comp. Now I can't turn it on, nor I can't play SC4. I don't know what to do next. I think I have to make some text/info updates now.

But the worst thing is that Blue Floyd, my lots, BATs and other things are gone. I wanted to copy those into the DVD, including all of the plugins I had, but bam. So I guess it's the real end of Blue Floyd as we all know it. Next, and the definite Blue Floyd, will be much more eye candy orintated. BTW, I'm writing from my parents PC, and they don't have MSN, so I'll be absent on there for some days/weeks.

And no, my comp is plugged into electric power. But the graphic card is in pieces. It must have gone through a lot of struggle with other parts before landing at the bottom of PC.

For interested: My dog is fine ;)

So I'm sorry everyone. Next updates, in the couple of days, will be, as I said, very plug-in orientated. I'll try to keep you entertained for this time. And don't forget to vote in the MD and HoF pics competition. ;)

See you next time, guys and not-guys.
Piotr

metarvo

Oh, man, that's a major bummer. :'( :'(  I hope you are able to get yourself a high-powered new PC, Piotr.  If that ever happened to me, I would probably try to place some sort of protective partition around the next PC that I got.  Of course, that might block access to the power button or the DVD drive, but that's one possible preventative measure.

EDIT: Maybe your HD is still good.  It might be possible to recover it and have a new PC built.  Just another thought.

art128

Oh No !!!!  &mmm I'm very sorry for that very bad news my friend  :'(

Props & Texture Catalog

Geronimo

Im sorry to hear, thats too bad!  :(
Though I`ve not been so active around here I know you have a great MD going.
Lets hope you can solve the problems and bring your old PC back too life and all your bats and lots and good stuff!  :thumbsup:
I wish you the best, good luck mate!

kbieniu7

Huh, next out  &mmm A lot of people lose their cities. But I hope, you'll make something better, without those motley screens  :D
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

Sheep49

Hey guys, I fixed my PC :D But I'm tired of my old building style. I want to try something new: Eyecandiness and custom lots all the way ;)

Replies:
Art128 - Thanks, I always forget to turn it off ;) And I have to admit that I like that pause thingy* :D
praiodan - I see the problem. I promise that it won't happen in future :P Thanks for your honest post!
metarvo - Thank you my friend!
southpark - Yes it is beautiful* :D LOL, anyway, thank you!
bat - Thank you so much!
jmdude1 - Thank you :)
sciurus54 - Thank you, too! :)
kbieniu7 - Thanks! I will turn off the grid next time. But I won't stop photoshopping :D It's one of the more enjoyable parts of making the update or teaser ;)
metarvo - Thank you! Yes, my HD is ok, but I want to try something new ;)
art128 - Yeah, I was sad too ()sad() Thanks!
Geronimo - Heh, thank you my friend! ;D
kbieniu7 - I'll try my best :D Thanks!

NOTE: *This is clearly for satirical purpouses: pause frame is looking awful.

See you next time, for BLUE FLOYD (almost) RELOADED :D
Piotr