• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Blue Floydshire - Stuff... - 10th Dec

Started by Sheep49, September 15, 2008, 11:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simpson

Nice map and terraforming here my friend
Your region is looking very good
And also I'm looking forward to the next update
Bye  :thumbsup:
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

art128

great terraforming Piotr, your region look good my friend  :thumbsup:
can't wait the development !
Arthur
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Sheep49

Here's something that should work as the additional incentive for you to see the next update :P

Hope you liked it ;)
Piotr
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

art128

very ice picture my friend, great use of trees and power lines. The RHW is good too ! but the only thing is that we can see the gird  :P :thumbsup:

Props & Texture Catalog

praiodan

Always nice to see those making-ofs, though I musta dmit, that the sea surrounding Blue Floyd is somewhat shallow yet  :P

BTW, Lowangen would show interest for being the second sister city  :) (at least I think it's only woodb3kmaster yet who came up with Nyhaven)

bat

Nice picture of that motorway! Looking forward to more... :thumbsup:

metarvo

As if I needed another incentive... :D

The motorway (highway for those in the States) looks good, especially with SA's textures. :thumbsup:  I hope those trees under the power line don't grow too tall, though, or there could be a fire hazard.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Simpson

Really nice RHW my friend, this is looking good
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

paroch

Hi Piotr,

It's taken me some time to reach Blue Floyd but I am glad I've now found it.  It seems that all of your districts are named after stations on the London Underground - very interesting.  It's certainly good to see your Upminster as that is not toooooo far from where I live.

Paul

Sheep49

Nothing new here, just some replies... ;)

Art128 - Thanks for your contuining support my friend ;)
woodb3kmaster - Hehe, nice to hear that Nyhaven would like to be Blue Floydshire's sister city. Of course it isnow ;)
Simpson - Thank you! :)
Art128 (2) - Heh, I can't wait to see some development too! :D
Art128 (3) - Gosh, I forgot to turn it off again ::) Thanks for reminding me ;D
praidan - Yeah, but it was some basic terraforming, so it will be deeper and more varieted than now :)
bat - Glad you liked it :thumbsup:
metarvo - I know you don't need one :D You are one of the most supporting visitors here, so thanks! :)
Simpson (2) - Thank you, my friend!
paroch - Glad you dropped in! Believe me, you won't be disappointed. And yeah, Blue Floydshire's boroughs are named after different places in Greater London :D You live in Upminster? Cool! When I was living in London (Kew in Richmond upon Thames) I wanted to go there, as it is the end of District line. Of course, I've never done so ::) This year, when visiting London, I won't let that occassion go by ;D Thanks :thumbsup:

So, unfortunately, I'm not starting Blue Floydshire from the beginning $%Grinno$% Nothing happened yet, so I think everything's gonna be alright :D

Oh, and the current Blue Floydshire sister cities list is as following:
- Highsbury Grove (Caspervg)
- Maroanestra (Art128)
- Nyhaven (woodb3kmaster)
- Lowangen (praiodan)

Only one space more left! Nominate your towns now! :D

See you later! ;)
Piotr

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

Pat

Hey Piotr love that teaser shot there!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Earth quake

Excellent teaser Piotr, reallt good work.  &apls$.

Ps: sorry I forgotten Lancaster.  :-[

Sheep49

Today's shot is kinda big, so I will post the thumbnail here. Click on it to see the pic in the original resolution ;)

The grid is supposed to be turned on this time. This is the interchange as it is now. But the council want to rebuild it, since they don't like it. Thus, the next update will be more 'Tarkus' style', and it's going to show the rebuilding of it. I know you wanna see it! :D

Earth quake: Lancaster is the 5th and final Blue Floydshire's sister city ;)

See you next time!
Piotr

art128

that interchange look good Piotr  :thumbsup: awesome work  $%Grinno$%

Props & Texture Catalog

Earth quake

Hey Thank you Piotr.
Excellent Update my friend, splendid interchanger more realistic. &apls

Haljackey

Geesh, nearly missed the pic since its so small in your post!

I'd recommend you switch to regular tunnels or use an overpass though, so traffic doesn't have to convert to car-subway-car (inefficient, and deters rich sims since they don't like using subway) and it will be UDI compatible!

Other than that, Nice job Piotr!

Best,
-Haljackey

thundercrack83

Looking good, Piotr! I like that interchange, my friend!

Can't wait to see more!

Dustin

bat

Nice work on that picture of the RHW!
Great one!! :thumbsup:

Sheep49

How about some
Replies
Quote from: Pat on November 13, 2008, 04:02:33 PM
Hey Piotr love that teaser shot there!!!
Thanks Pat ;)

Quote from: Earth quake on November 14, 2008, 09:38:53 AM
Excellent teaser Piotr, reallt good work.  &apls$.

Ps: sorry I forgotten Lancaster.  :-[
Thank you my friend :thumbsup:

Quote from: art128 on November 14, 2008, 12:38:51 PM
that interchange look good Piotr  :thumbsup: awesome work  $%Grinno$%
Thanks Arthur. ;)

Quote from: Earth quake on November 14, 2008, 12:42:10 PM
Hey Thank you Piotr.
Excellent Update my friend, splendid interchanger more realistic. &apls
No problem! And thanks for your nice comment ;)

Quote from: Haljackey on November 14, 2008, 01:07:46 PM
Geesh, nearly missed the pic since its so small in your post!

I'd recommend you switch to regular tunnels or use an overpass though, so traffic doesn't have to convert to car-subway-car (inefficient, and deters rich sims since they don't like using subway) and it will be UDI compatible!

Other than that, Nice job Piotr!

Best,
-Haljackey
Sorry for posting the thumbnail, but the pic is big :D Thanks for your suggestion: It will definitely be used in the next update ;)

Quote from: thundercrack83 on November 14, 2008, 01:58:11 PM
Looking good, Piotr! I like that interchange, my friend!

Can't wait to see more!

Dustin
Thanks Stats Man! :D

Quote from: bat on November 15, 2008, 10:32:23 AM
Nice work on that picture of the RHW!
Great one!! :thumbsup:
Thank you! :thumbsup:

Now, let's move on to some news...

1. Today we've reached 500 views. That's quite a big amount ;D

2. Blue Floyd is in the 2nd round of Mayors' Diary Awards. I'm inviting you to vote for the MDs that deserve the award in each category ;)

3. I'm the main (and only...) BATter (::)) of the Modular Campground Pack. You can follow the development in the thread. ;)

We all know that road constructing companies are sometimes irritating. In Blue Floydshire, it's no different. Today, we're going to take a look at the rebuilding of the ITC motorway interchange. It all began with...

That small, innocent looking interchange. It was soon to become one of the longest realised transport investitions. The first company that has taken the responsibility of rebuilding it was called Geronimo Transportations Co.

This is what they've done in 3 years time. As soon as the council realised it by protests from drivers, they decided to look for another company that could rebuild it.

Soon the next company took over the project. Kbieniu's Traffic Builders were very optimistic, and even the council looked forward into the finished interchanged. But what was the result, was the thing that no one has ever imagined in the whole shire...

The thing about was called, by The Times, 'The Most Pathetic Excuse For The Interchange In The Great Britain', even though it wasn't finished yet. Finally, the 3rd and the definite company has taken the project over - Metarvo Planning and Building Brothers. They have started innocently...

With a little help from John T. Ravolta's Elecric Company, who had the near pylons, they remade the electric line to the north. After rebuilding a road, they finally got to the interchange itself.

And here's the result: the new, fully functional interchange. The rebuilding took over 9 years, but still it is considered as the monument of innovative thinking in Blue Floyd.

And while we're talking about interchanges...

The following picture belongs to Gdynia.pl

That's the main interchange in Gdynia. It's named after Mrs. F. Cegielska, who was the president of Gdynia, and who died of cancer in 1999. I think it's a really good planned interchange. BTW, you may have not seen it on the pic, but there are actually 4 viaducts: 2 for pedestrians, 1 for the traffic, and one for the railway.

So, see you later guys/and girls. ;)
Piotr

metarvo

Thanks for the present, Piotr. ;)  Imagine, all that trouble to build an interchange.  Somehow, it convinced me that I was reading an entirely different MD, though.  This update somehow has a hint of a flavor that I can describe as "Tarkusian."  :D  Congratulations on 5,000 views and on the nomination in the MD Awards, Piotr! :thumbsup:  As for the Modular Campground Pack, I'll be sure to check that out.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.